First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90 T8
Occupation
photographer, real estate agent
I posted this on another thread but figured it might be better to give the topic its own thread.

I have seen a bunch of people mention (half joking I think) that they want to buy property near a service center to get faster delivery of their vehicle. Many years back, I came across a service that made people Scottish lords. Apparently in order to be a Scottish lord you only have to own property in Scotland. So this company bought property in Scotland and sold square foot pieces with a document declaring the owners Scottish lords.

So some enterprising individual could feasibly buy any old junk property near a service center and sell or lease square foot parcels to Rivian lords to use as an address to bump up delivery...just a thought...
Sponsored

jackr1182

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Occupation
Self Employed
I posted this on another thread but figured it might be better to give the topic its own thread.

I have seen a bunch of people mention (half joking I think) that they want to buy property near a service center to get faster delivery of their vehicle. Many years back, I came across a service that made people Scottish lords. Apparently in order to be a Scottish lord you only have to own property in Scotland. So this company bought property in Scotland and sold square foot pieces with a document declaring the owners Scottish lords.

So some enterprising individual could feasibly buy any old junk property near a service center and sell or lease square foot parcels to Rivian lords to use as an address to bump up delivery...just a thought...
I already emailed rivian to ask about this. I’ve got access to property in SC, Texas and GA (live in alabama).
FWIW, I also asked if I could write in that I would pickup my order in atlanta, and if required, I would travel on my own $ to be serviced in atlanta.

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
Oh what a 1%er dilemma! I get it, have two properties, but didn't buy just to get it quicker.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Why buy? Renting would be a lot cheaper with current mortgage rates.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
I have properties that range from 10 miles to 400 miles in distance from a SC. I originally ordered when my perm address was 10 miles from a SC (Las Vegas). I suppose I could switch back but I really don't care that much anymore.

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I already emailed rivian to ask about this. I’ve got access to property in SC, Texas and GA (live in alabama).
FWIW, I also asked if I could write in that I would pickup my order in atlanta, and if required, I would travel on my own $ to be serviced in atlanta.
I have already tied changing my delivery address to the the Rivian Factory in Normal. Rivian flagged my account and changed my delivery address back to my home address.

Brian
Sponsored