Cabin light mods?

Tony R1S

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S QM 21
I'm not fond of the cabin lights. They work and are bright, but the way they're angled too much of the light shoots out horizontally blinding me. I have to hold up my hand to block out the glare from the direct light (like a visor), even at the lowest brightness setting.

I wish the setting that activates the ceiling lights on door opening could be limited to the back rows. I also think the light diffuser/lens should have been designed to focus the light down instead of all around, as there's no point in lighting up the ceiling. I've been thinking about some way to attach some kind of hood to limit the light spread. Ideally replacing that diffuser with some focusing prism or lens would be ideal, but that would probably will affect the touch operation. Any ideas?
Sponsored

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
I'm not fond of the cabin lights. They work and are bright, but the way they're angled too much of the light shoots out horizontally blinding me. I have to hold up my hand to block out the glare from the direct light (like a visor), even at the lowest brightness setting.

I wish the setting that activates the ceiling lights on door opening could be limited to the back rows. I also think the light diffuser/lens should have been designed to focus the light down instead of all around, as there's no point in lighting up the ceiling. I've been thinking about some way to attach some kind of hood to limit the light spread. Ideally replacing that diffuser with some focusing prism or lens would be ideal, but that would probably will affect the touch operation. Any ideas?
I set my car to drive with them off. If I want them I say hey Alexa turn on cabin lights and she usually gets it right.

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

I never use my interior dome lights anymore because of this. The way the light spreads is blinding and not focused down.

Temporary solution is to now keep night vision goggles on hand instead.

Rivian R1T R1S Cabin light mods? Tahoe-Suburban-TRC-071-626x382
Sponsored