Sponsored

Cancelled my Lightning preorder (only 6 weeks out from delivery)

Ripped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Dual Max
Occupation
-
Unexpectedly, I got a call that my Lightning would be delivery soon, I was actually kind of stoked. At the time there was no news on the R1T dates for me, so I was pretty serious about potentially making the switch.

Other than the battery fire at the plant, I know the Lightning had few reported issues that I was aware of. It had been a few months since I browsed the Lightning forum, so I thought I'd get reacquainted with the truck and how the new owners were finding their trucks and what they were doing with them.

I came across the major power malfunction thread, which there are quite a few owners reporting their vehicles being repaired & stuck at the dealers for quite some time.

With the less than perfect experience regarding service/repairs on my current F150 FX4, I decided I'd either opt to wait or cancel. As soon as I mentioned that preference, it wasn't available as a choice, so I am cancelling.It's unfortunate that salespeople don't realize how educated consumers are with regard to vehicles now.

I certainly would not buy any new vehicle without doing my research. We did that with our Kona EV enough to know that the first few iterations had major battery issues, and got that sorted out thankfully before our model year.

I have a date on my R1T maxpack, (Winter 2023 +/-) or the option was just recently given to me, to take a quad-motor and get that in 6-8 weeks possibly.
Sponsored