First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
It really is too bad Canoo is circling the drain. If they were up and running the same time as Rivian idk that I would have chosen the R1 at the time. Granted I think this worked out better and I’m happier With Rivian’s performance than I would have been with Canoo but I really like the look of their truck. It’s so futuristic and cool looking.

I would feel like I was exploring Mars every day.
Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

They sold some for concept testing. I doubt they’ll get approved for anything as they are pretty useless from a military perspective.
When has being useless from a military perspective ever stopped something from getting a DoD contract?

OP
OP
R1Sky Business

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

When has being useless from a military perspective ever stopped something from getting a DoD contract?
Point!!!! BTW, how's the Forest Edge holding up???

joelster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
They have always reminded me of this:

Rivian R1T R1S CANOO news.... 1672680966610

Last edited:

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Sponsored

krockett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ Cruiser
Clubs

I had the truck reserved but switched to the Lifestyle. Was thinking I’d be interested in the Adventure model but heard it was just going to be 2wd with no suspension modification. I should just cancel the reservation, but really hoping they make it.

LeoH

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, Tesla S, MAzda CX-30, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Software Engineering Director
For me, having my kids all sit facing the side doors is a no go. Other than that, I still couldn't digest the design or the company.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
Canoo has over $2B in customer orders now. They have secured their battery manufacturing facility and are in process of buying/building a vehicle assembly facility all in Oklahoma. These quirky vehicles have a whole lot of utility and possibility. Biggest shortcoming I see is the 200 miles of range as the best they can do with their current base platform is an 80kWh battery pack. Other than that I think they're offering a compelling platform and products. For small delivery or utility vans I think they have a winner. They have delivered a couple of their pickup prototypes for US government and military consideration. I could totally see the US Forest service or National Parks service using these. The Canoo platform could make a killer setup for mail delivery... If they can just get vehicle production going I think they'll make it... At least they have real, drivable, functional prototypes.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Canoo has over $2B in customer orders now. They have secured their battery manufacturing facility and are in process of buying/building a vehicle assembly facility all in Oklahoma. These quirky vehicles have a whole lot of utility and possibility. Biggest shortcoming I see is the 200 miles of range as the best they can do with their current base platform is an 80kWh battery pack. Other than that I think they're offering a compelling platform and products. For small delivery or utility vans I think they have a winner. They have delivered a couple of their pickup prototypes for US government and military consideration. I could totally see the US Forest service or National Parks service using these. The Canoo platform could make a killer setup for mail delivery... If they can just get vehicle production going I think they'll make it... At least they have real, drivable, functional prototypes.
I’m rooting for them, but it doesn’t matter how many orders you have if you have no way of manufacturing at scale and delivering those orders to your customers. I’m not sure but last I heard they had not even broken ground on their OK factory site. They are still making the few vehicles they have at Roush.

Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
I’m rooting for them, but it doesn’t matter how many orders you have if you have no way of manufacturing at scale and delivering those orders to your customers. I’m not sure but last I heard they had not even broken ground on their OK factory site. They are still making the few vehicles they have at Roush.
Yeah, I don't think they have even completed the purchase of the factory site.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Yeah, I don't think they have even completed the purchase of the factory site.
They could have made an arrangement with a company like Magna, who will be making Fisker’s vehicles, but they didn’t and now they are just stuck in limbo. They have interest and orders but not enough cash to actually achieve their plans. I still hope they figure something out but it will probably take a miracle.