Sponsored

ColoradoRivian

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE
I just picked up mine from service center after it being there 6 weeks. I was on 10.2 when I dropped it off then they replaced about everything electronic in the vehicle I got it back and all of a sudden we have this problem. They said that they used to send service people out but this problem is different and an ota will fix it. Not sure if you got yours fixed or are still waiting . I don’t see any recent posts but yours.
Nothing new to report yet, but I just reached out to Rivian for an update today. Will report back. I don’t see any hope for a fix in the next update notes either.
Sponsored

VFUNARI

First Name
vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Chief Scientific Officer at Cancer Diagnostics
The person I talked to said it was coming out in version 14. We are on version 10.2. I’m hoping to get some more info. It makes no sense that it was working for me and then they did a bunch of stuff and now that doesn’t work. I’ll report back if I find anything else too.

VFUNARI

First Name
vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
I just saw 14.00 is also on the rivian software tracker forum as the next release.

ColoradoRivian

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE
Thank you for the update, that is great news. I am not yet familiar with the numbering scheme and figured if we were on 10.something now that 14 was likely to come in 2029 along with support for the R4H hoverboat.

Sponsored

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
Did not fix it for me. On version 14 now.
I just got 14 and it did not fix it. I have a service appointment for this and some other issues in late June.

ColoradoRivian

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE
I have a mobile service appointment tomorrow to fix this. The scheduler told me the latest update should prevent this issue from popping up again after a reset or future update, but that anyone with the issue now will need a tech to do the quick re-calibration procedure in order to get it working. Hopefully this is a permanent fix.

Rivian805

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Same issue. Was told latest update would fix but didn’t.

ColoradoRivian

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE
I’d been the same thing. The service center guy on the phone sounded a bit frustrated I’d been told that. I suspect there was confusion between, “will prevent it from reoccurring” and “will resolve the current issue” and someone just translated that to, “will fix it”.

VFUNARI

First Name
vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Yeah I’ve got someone coming out tomorrow too. I finally decided to keep calling and finally got a sympathetic ear. It’s so frustrating to have this problem. And communication breakdown as well. It’s not just the seat settings but also it seems to lose other preferences like Alexa etc. I don’t know if anyone else has noticed that, I’m trying to figure out if they are related. I guess I’ll hopefully find out tomorrow

ColoradoRivian

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE
I’m overdue to report back. Mobile service stopped by on Friday. Super nice guy with a very well equipped van. (Not a Rivian van yet, it he said those were coming.) Anyhow, he plugged in his laptop and ran a procedure for perhaps 15 minutes. After that, driver memory appears to work perfectly.
Sponsored