rydb

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE
Clubs

The seat can definitely be done in the field, and I think steering also. Early own when I had a mobile service visit, they replaced my steering wheel due to a blemish on the “leather”, and I’m pretty sure he did a recalibration after that, but I know he did the windows and the seats because he told me he could and I watched the truck do it.

Not even really sure why he did it other than he was connected to the truck and he’d done the windows so might as well do all of the things you can do.
Sponsored

p3ck

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

What I find frustrating is they could have known how many trucks would need calibration before pushing this update. My Truck was just in the SC and this could have been done then.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Wouldn’t pushing another update be better than a service visit?

epowermarine

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Our seat memory has never worked, it was on my service ticket for my one and only service center trip but they did not fix it and of course I forgot to check it prior to leaving the center.
@Rivian, Really hoping for a way to calibrate on our own at home, that would save you a lot of $$ and us a lot of hassle.

Sponsored

GHuff

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Clubs

Seems kind of ...dumb... to release a feature that will stress the already-overloaded service centers.
It's almost like these OTA Updates are more useful for Rivian Marketing than actual owners. They sent out emails, social media, articles, etc. about this "Roomy Entry and Exit Feature"...meanwhile, it doesn't really work.

OP
OP
AaronTV

AaronTV

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2022 Model 3, 2024 Mustang GT
Occupation
Self Employed

Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I am sure Rivian tested the software and it is quite possible that their test vehicles are like mine and don’t generate an error.
Agree. Mine is working correctly.

p3ck

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I am sure Rivian tested the software and it is quite possible that their test vehicles are like mine and don’t generate an error.
I agree that it probably tested fine. What I'm saying is they could have included a bit of code in the previous release that reported how wide spread this issue would be. Then inform people that their vehicle needs calibration and that a new feature will need this calibration to continue working.

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

I agree that it probably tested fine. What I'm saying is they could have included a bit of code in the previous release that reported how wide spread this issue would be. Then inform people that their vehicle needs calibration and that a new feature will need this calibration to continue working.
I don’t think they would have released the update if they knew about any possible issues. After the release is when they found out about the issue.

It is a major pain for those affected but this type of stuff happens post software updates for just about everything that has upgradeable software.

888tom888

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Self Storage
Luckily I'm 6'3.5" and i'm already in comfort mode every time i step into the vehicle. In addition, when .43 dropped my seat memory function went away. Did a soft reboot and i was able to get it working along with Kneel mode. Have ZERO interest to goto service center for this shhhit

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

It's almost like these OTA Updates are more useful for Rivian Marketing than actual owners. They sent out emails, social media, articles, etc. about this "Roomy Entry and Exit Feature"...meanwhile, it doesn't really work.
I don't have any interest in activating this feature, but I don't have an error message about doing it. Like has been stated, it sounds like people's automatic seats were already busted before the update and there just wasn't a notification about it.

Rivian, keep up the good work on more detailed notifications.
Sponsored