Sponsored

Sypher077

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Had this problem as well. Updated software Wednesday and lost ability for position memory until driver seat serviced. Very annoying since I dont even plan on using roomy exit and entry since I’m 6’ 5” and it’s basically just where my seat is anyway. Oh well.

Mobile service was able to come 2 days later. He said the steering wheel calibration was what was missing, but he calibrated steering wheel, seat, and windows and it took less than 20 minutes.
Sponsored

fbitz777

First Name
francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T 2017MX; 2022 Ioniq5 (2)
I place a service ticket (about calibration) and they called me within the hour.

They told me to turn off bluetooth an let the truck go into sleep mode and the calibration will reset.

Sounds weird but I sure don't want to drive 100 miles to SC for such a minor defect.

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
I place a service ticket (about calibration) and they called me within the hour.

They told me to turn off bluetooth an let the truck go into sleep mode and the calibration will reset.

Sounds weird but I sure don't want to drive 100 miles to SC for such a minor defect.
Let us know if that works for you. I have a mobile appointment set up but the earliest available appointment wasn't until the first week of January. It would be nice not to have to wait until then.

OP
OP
AaronTV

AaronTV

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2022 Model 3, 2024 Mustang GT
Occupation
Self Employed
They can't come calibrate mine until 1/5/23 either. Not the most impressive response time...

fbitz777

First Name
francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T 2017MX; 2022 Ioniq5 (2)
I am surprised that can't fix this with another OTA!

I left truck sleep overnight (as they suggested) and saw no difference

Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Have this same issue as well.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

It is a major pain for those affected but this type of stuff happens post AGILE software updates for just about everything that has upgradeable software.
FTFY.
“Continuous Improvement”.

Bow down before the one you serve.

nelsonair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Cooper SE
This seat issue post software update is my first let down with this truck, so I guess I can count myself lucky. Rivian tells me that they will be sending someone out to fix it. Where things are getting annoying is that the earliest appt is a month out aaand they keep calling me to reschedule. It’s like someone constantly poking you in the arm. Every call is a reminder that they screwed up. First world gripe I guess.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
This isn't that big of an issue for me, and I'll wait a while before Rivian gets to sending someone out to fix it. They might be dragging their feet because since it's such a widespread issue they might be trying to induce a company wide auto calibration fix in next month's software update. Like a mode that allows you to recalibrate yourself. At least I didn't have the service center install my airbag shock wrong like the one guy in here and torch their suspension.

kozak79

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Visual Effects
Clubs

So, yesterday I noticed the seat error is gone. Now the seats are working properly again. Anyone else? My service appointment is at the end of the month, but I don't need it anymore.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

So, yesterday I noticed the seat error is gone. Now the seats are working properly again. Anyone else? My service appointment is at the end of the month, but I don't need it anymore.
I wonder if that means Rivian can push incremental updates to vehicles to fix issues like this. I always had that expectation based on their wording of how they worded the "Rivian Remote Care" stuff.
Using a suite of sensors and our diagnostics platform, we’re able to proactively identify and resolve many issues without your Rivian ever leaving your sight.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

Anyone else experience this?

OP
OP
AaronTV

AaronTV

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2022 Model 3, 2024 Mustang GT
Occupation
Self Employed
Mine is definitely still there. Mobile service is scheduled for the first week of January.

ColoradoRivian

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE
I'm curious if anyone has figured out a way to resolve this without the Service Center. I picked up a new R1S on Friday and it had the issue on pickup. Cannot save seat/wheel settings, says it needs calibration. They told me an OTA update would resolve shortly and do did not fix it while I was picking it up. Bit of a frustrating bug to take home and I'll be having words with Rivian if they decide they want to get thier hands on the truck after all.

VFUNARI

First Name
vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Chief Scientific Officer at Cancer Diagnostics
I just picked up mine from service center after it being there 6 weeks. I was on 10.2 when I dropped it off then they replaced about everything electronic in the vehicle I got it back and all of a sudden we have this problem. They said that they used to send service people out but this problem is different and an ota will fix it. Not sure if you got yours fixed or are still waiting . I don’t see any recent posts but yours.
Sponsored