First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Chrysler Pacifica, 2007 Honda CRV
Occupation
Software Developer
So I have done mostly hand or self-spray car washes, maybe 1 or 2 touchless since I got my R1T in June. Today I did a "higher end" touchless and was thoroughly enjoying the experience, until water started pouring out of my upper console (the little area that has the driver camera in it)! Has anyone had this happen?!

Here is a short video 10 or 15 seconds after it started. It continued to drip out for the next 15 minutes with most of it coming out when I braked, or turned. I have no idea what reservoir/cavity it was coming from!
Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Sorry you had this issue. This should not be happening on a nearly new vehicle.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Sorry you had this issue. This should not be happening on a nearly new vehicle.
Had my last car for 16 years never had any leaks with an active and working sunroof. This isn’t acceptable for any car, period.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

I have not had any water intrusion in that area, but I do experience a lot of cold air coming in there, so your experience doesn’t surprise me.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
That sucks. Been through quite a few car washes myself and knock on wood have never had this issue. Do you have a lot of road noise? I wonder if your trim piece has an issue.

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

So I have done mostly hand or self-spray car washes, maybe 1 or 2 touchless since I got my R1T in June. Today I did a "higher end" touchless and was thoroughly enjoying the experience, until water started pouring out of my upper console (the little area that has the driver camera in it)! Has anyone had this happen?!

Here is a short video 10 or 15 seconds after it started. It continued to drip out for the next 15 minutes with most of it coming out when I braked, or turned. I have no idea what reservoir/cavity it was coming from!
Early adopter tax!!!!

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Ticket request time...

OP
OP
booeyoh

booeyoh

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
That sucks. Been through quite a few car washes myself and knock on wood have never had this issue. Do you have a lot of road noise? I wonder if your trim piece has an issue.
I had the trim piece between the roof glass and windshield replaced early on because of (I'm guessing) a bad install at the factory.

I have almost 13k miles and have gone through a lot of heavy rain. I am also getting my passenger wing window replaced for road noise, but nothing else for road noise.

OP
OP
booeyoh

booeyoh

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
Ticket request time...
Yes and yes. I am not mad about it, just surprised. I have an early-ish VIN (2322), but Rivian has taken great care of me so far....

I had a mobile appointment for next week already scheduled, so we will see.....

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I had the trim piece between the roof glass and windshield replaced early on because of (I'm guessing) a bad install at the factory.

I have almost 13k miles and have gone through a lot of heavy rain. I am also getting my passenger wing window replaced for road noise, but nothing else for road noise.
Yeah the time piece between the roof glass and the windshield would be the one that would have failed to have a leak where you have it. When they replaced it they must not have sealed things enough.

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Yes and yes. I am not mad about it, just surprised. I have an early-ish VIN (2322), but Rivian has taken great care of me so far....

I had a mobile appointment for next week already scheduled, so we will see.....
U got the right attitude. Keep adventuring....just make sure you wear a Gore_Tex jacket...just in case 😉

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Yeah the time piece between the roof glass and the windshield would be the one that would have failed to have a leak where you have it. When they replaced it they must not have sealed things enough.
Terrible place not to seal

bjcleaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco FE, Tesla Model Y, R1T
I just had a similar issue. I usually hand wash or use the self serve area at the car wash, but this time I took it through the regular wash. At the end when the dryer jets came on, water starting dripping out the hinge area of the passenger sun visor. Never had any issues prior in rain or when washing. Seemed like it was the force of the dryer jets that pushed water into some crevice or broken seal.

I did have the appliqué replaced last month due to wind noise. Now I'm wondering if they didn't seal it properly.

OP
OP
booeyoh

booeyoh

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
I just had a similar issue. I usually hand wash or use the self serve area at the car wash, but this time I took it through the regular wash. At the end when the dryer jets came on, water starting dripping out the hinge area of the passenger sun visor. Never had any issues prior in rain or when washing. Seemed like it was the force of the dryer jets that pushed water into some crevice or broken seal.

I did have the appliqué replaced last month due to wind noise. Now I'm wondering if they didn't seal it properly.
Yes, that makes sense,.I have had the applique replaced too. I have a Jan 4th service center appointment to get it fixed. I'll report back here on the results

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Good thing you had a bottle with you. I would have started taking clothes off to try and absorb the water.
Sponsored