First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Occupation
PPF/Wrap Shop Owner
I'm sure these prices change a bit with market and product.... but what do you charge for PPF, ceramic, and both PPF/ceramic on the R1S and R1T?
Prices definitely vary with different markets/shops. Front End PPF would be $2200. Full car clear would approximately between $6k to $7k based on type of finish and coverage desired.
Sponsored

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Everyone has a different need/want with their cars. What suits you may not suit others. Totally understand the advantages of Klasse, but ceramic coating properties shouldn't be shrugged off either. A lot of great advantages that a ceramic coating provides over a sealant. To each their own! We just want to educate without speaking poorly about other options so people can make a decision that works best for them from there!
I don't disagree with you at all and I hope my post doesn't come across as speaking poorly about ceramic - I clearly stated it has properties that sealants don't.

Everything I stated is based in facts. My issue is that ceramic coatings get completely overhyped because they are enormous cash generators for detailing outfits. I understand that - everyone needs to make their living.

All I am doing is pointing out that good quality sealants like Klasse, that have been tried and true for 30+ years offer significant protection and shine/gloss at a fraction of the price and require no special maintenance like ceramic does. That isn't hyperbole.

The other thing that irritates me is when the ceramic folks come out and say that it is low or even maintenance free when that couldn't be further from the case and I just wish people would be transparent about what it means when you get a ceramic coating. Namely:
  1. You must hand wash your vehicle. This is a significant investment in time and cost to the average person who has taken their vehicles through automatic or touchless car washes. It is known that the more harsh, high ph content of the soaps that are used in these washes can strip or dull the ceramic coating. This is NOT the case for most quality sealants.
  2. Despite the advertised warranty claims on the life of the ceramic coating, which gets advertised quite a bit to help justify the cost, the properties of the ceramic coating that most people care about - the oleophobic properties that bead /shear water and contaminants from the paint will only last 2 years MAX and you must have top layers reapplied to the coating at a non-trivial cost.
  3. You also need to "spruce" up the coating with various refresher top coat sprays throughout the life of the coating - this is not maintenance free.
As long as you know what you are getting into with ceramic, the maintenance, the need for reapplication, there are benefits, especially for folks that want their vehicles looking their best most of the time (show cars, high value vehicles, etc.).

Last edited:

Whale Blubber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW X3 3.0si, 2021 Toyota RAV4 XLE
I agree totally! I did PPF with ceramic coating above so "Hercules" would hardly suffer vengeful road affliction, or run over any 9 headed hydras. ;)
And all the Augean muck washes right off, with no need to redirect a river....
Sponsored