lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

Anyone encountered an issue where level 1/2 charger doesn't work only DC Level 3? My at home juicebox was working fine for the first 3 weeks. We went to our Boston trip, used Level 3 on the road and came back, plugged in and it no longer worked. I rebooted the R1S and it worked fine, woke up with the required power. Since then it won't work. Tried the Rivian mobile charger on both a 50amp and 110 outlet, no good. Tried a public Level 2, no good, only DC Fast chargers work.

I have a service ticket open but it will be weeks before it can be seen.

Thanks
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Anyone encountered an issue where level 1/2 charger doesn't work only DC Level 3? My at home juicebox was working fine for the first 3 weeks. We went to our Boston trip, used Level 3 on the road and came back, plugged in and it no longer worked. I rebooted the R1S and it worked fine, woke up with the required power. Since then it won't work. Tried the Rivian mobile charger on both a 50amp and 110 outlet, no good. Tried a public Level 2, no good, only DC Fast chargers work.

I have a service ticket open but it will be weeks before it can be seen.

Thanks
It could be the onboard charger died, that happened on my Tesla once.

Did service have you reboot the truck to see if that helped? Might not but wouldn’t hurt.

OP
OP
lefkonj

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

Yes did a reboot and it charged after that but now that didn’t help at all. Wouldn’t the onboard charger also impact dc fast charging.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Yes did a reboot and it charged after that but now that didn’t help at all. Wouldn’t the onboard charger also impact dc fast charging.
No. DCFC is like directly connecting to the battery.
Sponsored