Sponsored

Chiming Noise

KnightNole07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE

Does anyone have any idea what the sound is and how I make it stop? My truck randomly started making this sound today and it makes it every 15 seconds or so. I tried a soft reset and a hard reset, and somehow it continues to make the same noise throughout both of those procedures (while the truck is resetting, it still makes that noise). I disconnected Alexa thinking that might be the problem, but it continues to make the same noise over and over. It does it when I’m driving, playing music, parked, charging, etc. I have no idea what to do at this point because it makes it nonstop and it’s pretty loud.
Sponsored

OP
OP

KnightNole07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE

Does anyone have any idea what the sound is and how I make it stop? My truck randomly started making this sound today and it makes it every 15 seconds or so. I tried a soft reset and a hard reset, and somehow it continues to make the same noise throughout both of those procedures (while the truck is resetting, it still makes that noise). I disconnected Alexa thinking that might be the problem, but it continues to make the same noise over and over. It does it when I’m driving, playing music, parked, charging, etc. I have no idea what to do at this point because it makes it nonstop and it’s pretty loud.
Ok, talked with service and they figured it out. My camp speaker just decided to go haywire. I have no idea what set it off as I have never used it, but a hard reset of the camp speaker did the trick. Thought I would leave the post up in case anyone else runs into the same issue.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Ok, talked with service and they figured it out. My camp speaker just decided to go haywire. I have no idea what set it off as I have never used it, but a hard reset of the camp speaker did the trick. Thought I would leave the post up in case anyone else runs into the same issue.
So, what is the hard reset procedure?! It’s driving me bonkers! Pressing the on/off or other buttons does nothing. It’s like they have been deactivating, yet the chiming persists.

OP
OP

KnightNole07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
So, what is the hard reset procedure?! It’s driving me bonkers! Pressing the on/off or other buttons does nothing. It’s like they have been deactivating, yet the chiming persists.
I think I had to hold the little circle button down for 10 seconds or something. It has been a while, so I don't remember exactly what button it was, but it was definitely just holding down one of the buttons for a few seconds. Wasn't anything too complicated.

Sponsored

Ivman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Y Performance, 2016 Ram Rebel, R1T
Clubs

Thank god for this post. It was driving me insane.

FooF

First Name
FooF
Threads
Reaction score
Website
foof.me
Vehicles
2022 R1S Launch Green
Occupation
DJ
Clubs

Had that happen while sleeping in the R1S while camping in the middle of the night. My camp speaker now lives in my garage.

Stumpjumper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RIT
Occupation
Professor
I also want to thank this thread for debugging this problem. It was driving me nuts. In my case it seems like the charger in the truck wasn’t working because once I charged the speaker up using the USB-C it seems to work fine. I’ll be putting it back in the truck and see if the same problem arises. I talked to a couple different Rivian service people on the line and they had no clue. Called them back to see if they could add this issue to their database or whatever tool it is they use, but did not get the feeling that is how their system works.

fbitz777

First Name
francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T 2017MX; 2022 Ioniq5 (2)
saved my from going insane!
I guess I had just gotten an Apple Watch 3 days ago and paired it with camp speaker.

oskeei

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Duramax Silverado, French's Mustard Yellow R1S
Clubs

thank u just had this pop up, trying to reset now

OP
OP

KnightNole07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Glad my pain could be a help for you all!
Sponsored