Sponsored

COMPASS YELLOW R1T Photos

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I would never describe my truck as "subdued" and I wouldn't use the water bottle as an example. My bottle doesn't look much like my truck color. Either way, if you like yellow, you're gonna love it and if you don't like yellow, you probably wouldn't have chosen it in the first place!

My truck came with the 22" darks and it looked awesome! Then winter arrived in Colorado and the 22s weren't gonna work. Managed to snag a set of 20" darks and it looks great and is a tank in the snow. Now I'll have appropriate shoes for each season.

Congrats on your new truck and, rest assured, you're gonna love it! And I bet you'll fit right in around LA...
Thanks and interesting note on the water bottle not matching up. That sucks and I guess that means I'll still be surprised on my TBD delivery date. I'm starting to see more and more R1Ts in LA (never R1S) but never a yellow. Feels like what I'd imagine a soon to be farther who decided NOT to know the gender before birth - Nothing you can do about it now, going to love it regardless, but might not be exactly what you thought or preferred ;)
Sponsored

Ravenron

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer/Retired Military
Thanks and interesting note on the water bottle not matching up. That sucks and I guess that means I'll still be surprised on my TBD delivery date. I'm starting to see more and more R1Ts in LA (never R1S) but never a yellow. Feels like what I'd imagine a soon to be farther who decided NOT to know the gender before birth - Nothing you can do about it now, going to love it regardless, but might not be exactly what you thought or preferred ;)
Do you like Yellow? If so, you're gonna like it. I get tons of compliments on the color alone...then they want to know more about the truck. It's the color that gets their attention! You've nothing to worry about...

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Do you like Yellow? If so, you're gonna like it. I get tons of compliments on the color alone...then they want to know more about the truck. It's the color that gets their attention! You've nothing to worry about...
Yep. I do like yellow. At one point many years ago I was looking at a Mustang GT and yellow was calling me. I'm older now and don't really want to stand out or look like I'm trying to stand out like maybe when I was in my 20s. If it's closer to this water bottle than a yellow mustang, I think I'll like it it better.

Ravenron

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer/Retired Military
Yep. I do like yellow. At one point many years ago I was looking at a Mustang GT and yellow was calling me. I'm older now and don't really want to stand out or look like I'm trying to stand out like maybe when I was in my 20s. If it's closer to this water bottle than a yellow mustang, I think I'll like it it better.
Well now, that might be a problem...the yellow is DEFINITELY gonna stand out! If you want to "fly under the radar" then silver or limestone may have been better. I bet it grows on you when you get it...don't pre-determine how you're gonna feel about it, just wait till it arrives then see what you think. Standing out is okay too... :cool:

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Well now, that might be a problem...the yellow is DEFINITELY gonna stand out! If you want to "fly under the radar" then silver or limestone may have been better. I bet it grows on you when you get it...don't pre-determine how you're gonna feel about it, just wait till it arrives then see what you think. Standing out is okay too... :cool:
And too late anyway :) It's coming and unless it falls off the train or broken at delivery, it's mine and I'll love it!

Sponsored

MichaelD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sprinter 4x4 camper van (170)
I'm starting to see more and more R1Ts in LA (never R1S) but never a yellow.
I'm in La Cañada. Happy to show it off if you want to swing by / near.

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy SS, Ford Bronco, Ram Rebel, Ford Flex, G8
All of the Rivian “colors” really change in the sun. See my earlier pics. I’m more of a fan of bright yellow fan, but the truck is generally is the “muted” yellow you describe unless direct sun. I really enjoy it and 93 Canary Yellow mustang is the reason I’ve wanted a yellow vehicle for 30 years. I think you will love it.

I was shocked how much I liked Canyon Red in the sun, not on my radar but would have been 2nd pick behind yellow after seeing it. My service center was so happy to see a yellow. Said their fav color.

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I'm in La Cañada. Happy to show it off if you want to swing by / near.
Thanks for offer! I convinced my wife it will be exciting seeing it for the first time at pickup in a few weeks (hopefully). But I'll DM you if I change me mind. But next time I visit Descanso Gardens, going to keep my eye out :)

Sponsored

Gee Bee

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vw tdi golf -chevy SSR-997 Turbo S
Occupation
Design
I was on the fence for this color

I have a complete set of abs trim from a national hwy test vehicle.

I will have all trim hydro dipped in carbon fiber with gloss uv protection.

This will protect and change the appearance, I will display at Sema in 23 “

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy SS, Ford Bronco, Ram Rebel, Ford Flex, G8
I was on the fence for this color

I have a complete set of abs trim from a national hwy test vehicle.

I will have all trim hydro dipped in carbon fiber with gloss uv protection.

This will protect and change the appearance, I will display at Sema in 23 “
Are you saying all the black trim?

Gee Bee

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vw tdi golf -chevy SSR-997 Turbo S
Occupation
Design
I found four r1t that were used by the dot / nhtsa for testing .

I hope to purchase the following :

7 trim pieces on bed
Three fronts , black carbon
Two sides , black carbon
Top tailgate , black carbon

Front silver trim , carbon silver
Two rear silver trim , carbon silver
6 side trims molding , black carbon
Rear large cover , black carbon
Mirror trim in black trim

here is a pic of black carbon with gloss clear

Rivian R1T R1S COMPASS YELLOW R1T Photos 495BA811-3AFE-4791-840A-273AEBD4847D