Sponsored

Count Orlok just ordered his Lightning... R1T in limbo

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
...still deciding about keeping his R1T pre-order (he has access to the R1T shop).

He configured the Lightning as an XLT plus as he doesn't see the need to pay for leather in a work truck (i.e., Lariat). Total is over 80k but as he won't qualify for the tax credit based on income limits he can live without the credit.

Ford says it will be delivered between April and December.

He knows you would want to know this information.
Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Personally I'd go with the R1T over the Ford but mine is a workish truck not a real work truck so. Why are you considering the Lightning over the Rivian?

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
So now we just refer to ourselves in the third person with impunity?

Tango45

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, R1S
Clubs

Pretty sure the post was from Ms. @Count Orlok; I'm not taking this as fact until we get proof of life.

Count Orlok Actual, if you can't speak, just key your handset twice, son.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I think it's so he has someone to blame besides himself.

Toadkillerdog

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Porsche Panamera Turbo, 2020 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Physician
Toadkillerdog chose not to order his Lightning when offered by Ford recently. He believes that his low pre March pricing and max pack will offer better value but wishes Orlock the best. Toadkillerdog was tempted also. He is getting impatient

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
We have a Lightning at work and although it is nice it’s still just a F150 with an electric drivetrain. It drives and rides like a full-size truck while the R1T is much smoother and drives like a midsized Tacoma. I feel I made the right decision going with the Rivian.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
My wife asked what I wanted for my birthday this year.

I replied that for my birthday, I would like a threesome. I've never had one before, and I would feel like less of a creep if she organized it.

She was surprisingly on-board. She said that she had a friend from college who would probably be up for it.

But I think I ruined the night when I asked her who she had in mind for the third person

SoCalTravels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Nexo, Lexus RX450h
Hearing the word “smooth” in the same sentence as Rivian makes me jealous. Every day I get into the R1S wanting to love it. It has power, it’s comfortable, it handles well. But the last thing it is is smooth. It’s dare I say harsh over anything but freshly paved road. We bounce and rattle just going down the street. It makes it hard to picture keeping the R1S long term.

Still wishing the R1S was even 1/2 as smooth as the R1T.

We have a Lightning at work and although it is nice it’s still just a F150 with an electric drivetrain. It drives and rides like a full-size truck while the R1T is much smoother and drives like a midsized Tacoma. I feel I made the right decision going with the Rivian.

Sponsored

Madsen203

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Manager
Hearing the word “smooth” in the same sentence as Rivian makes me jealous. Every day I get into the R1S wanting to love it. It has power, it’s comfortable, it handles well. But the last thing it is is smooth. It’s dare I say harsh over anything but freshly paved road. We bounce and rattle just going down the street. It makes it hard to picture keeping the R1S long term.

Rides like a Model Y?

SoCalTravels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Nexo, Lexus RX450h
Rides like a Model Y?
Just tested a 2023 Model Y performance last weekend (considering purchasing one in the next few weeks). The model Y was refreshingly smooth in comparison to our R1S. If we end up with both I’ll likely use the Y as the daily driver.

Madsen203

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Manager
Just tested a 2023 Model Y performance last weekend (considering purchasing one in the next few weeks). The model Y was refreshingly smooth in comparison to our R1S. If we end up with both I’ll likely use the Y as the daily driver.
I love the sporty handling of the Y. However, it’s not luxury smooth on crappy roads. This has me looking at the X5 50e. 40 miles of EV range and similar speed to LR MY. A nice balance. Better value than R1S in terms of Luxe and cost.

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T

Smoother is a comparison, not necessarily smooth. The Rivian is still a heavy truck and you feel it just not as much as a traditionally sprung pickup. It is not smooth compared to my TRX or my Audi Q8.

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
I would 100% disagree with this. MYP drives and feels like a tin can on poor suspension. We’re selling ours. R1S is much better for my tastes. Handles bumps and surfaces much more confidently.
Sponsored