First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
You'll have your Lightning just in time for snow plowing!

Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
the Count's XLT just got scheduled for production for August!

Meanwhile, his R1S remains out of service... at a collision shop for 5 weeks and counting after waiting 2 months to get scheduled for repairs.
Best of luck with the Lightning XLT!

FWIW- our i3 got rear ended last December..... it was in the body shop for over 5 weeks as well. Nothing is quick anymore..

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Nothing is quick anymore..
I'm old enough to remember when we could just unbolt parts of vehicles and hammer them "straight enough". Also used a tree in my mom's front yard a few times to pull car parts straight. Tub of Bondo & a rattle can of spray paint and call it done. Those were the days, LOL. 😄

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I'm old enough to remember when we could just unbolt parts of vehicles and hammer them "straight enough". Also used a tree in my mom's front yard a few times to pull car parts straight. Tub of Bondo & a rattle can of spray paint and call it done. Those were the days, LOL. 😄
Kind of describes my first vehicle.. in 1979 I bought a beater Ford F100. Being in high school I wanted a nice looking ride.. so Bondo to the rescue! I bought it by the gallon at our local auto parts store 😁

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Best of luck with the Lightning XLT!

FWIW- our i3 got rear ended last December..... it was in the body shop for over 5 weeks as well. Nothing is quick anymore..
Do insurance companies just keep paying for rentals while all these cars sit waiting for repairs?

Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Do insurance companies just keep paying for rentals while all these cars sit waiting for repairs?
Yes, Allstate offered to secure a rental for me for the duration.... but we had a spare car available so I declined the rental offer.

I just looked at our paperwork.... the i3 repair took 7 weeks from the day we brought it in to the body shop.

Last edited:

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things

Meanwhile, his R1S remains out of service... at a collision shop for 5 weeks and counting after waiting 2 months to get scheduled for repairs.
I was going to say that August is a long way off, until I realized it's June. Man where did the time go, we are halfway through the year already.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Awe, the good old days, I remember once making a tripod with tree trunks and using a come-along to swap engines in the backyard.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

We have a Lightning at work and although it is nice it’s still just a F150 with an electric drivetrain. It drives and rides like a full-size truck while the R1T is much smoother and drives like a midsized Tacoma. I feel I made the right decision going with the Rivian.
Ding ding ding!! Winner!

OP
OP
Count Orlok

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
Overheard at Ford stealership:

"My Nokia flip phone is nice, but it is just a phone. I prefer only phones. 2G 5G LTE, what is the difference? It allows me to make calls."

Response:

"You know, I have just the truck for you. It looks like a truck and acts like a truck, but it has a big battery in it. I know someone like you will appreciate that it is simply a truck with a battery."
it is a real shame the R1T can't do the truck duties I need otherwise I'd buy one. Sometimes a truck is just a truck. I'm under no illusion that the Lightning is anything better than my current F150. So you can try to shame me all you want for being a function over form kind of person.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Count Orlok

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired

Ford just moved the Count's production date up two weeks.

Meanwhile meanwhile his R1S is still in the collision shop waiting on Rivian for parts.

derekmw

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
it is a real shame the R1T can't do the truck duties I need otherwise I'd buy one. Sometimes a truck is just a truck. I'm under no illusion that the Lightning is anything better than my current F150. So you can try to shame me all you want for being a function over form kind of person.
He wasn't shaming you, he was shaming the Count, this person you keep speaking of...

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Ford just moved the Count's production date up two weeks.

Meanwhile meanwhile his R1S is still in the collision shop waiting on Rivian for parts.
Are you gonna crash your XLT too, to get a real comparison on how service is going to differ?

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
An F150 kept flashing his lights at me yesterday afternoon. Thought there was a LEO nearby, or that my sheetrock was going airborne, or some other alert.

My better half pointed out that it was likely a Lightning just trying to be friendly.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. I’m just not that nice.

Robin

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bicycle
Occupation
Waitress
An F150 kept flashing his lights at me yesterday afternoon. Thought there was a LEO nearby, or that my sheetrock was going airborne, or some other alert.

My better half pointed out that it was likely a Lightning just trying to be friendly.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. I’m just not that nice.
🤣
Sponsored