Sponsored

Credit card with cashback bonus for EV charging?

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
I see the Costco card from Citi has 4% on fuel and "eligible" EV charging. Are there any other cards with EV charging as a bonus category? Thus far I've been using my 3% cashback Fidelity card.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Count Orlok

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
okay, answering my own question a bit but still looking for input from others.

Citi Costco Anywhere Visa 4%​
US bank Altitude Connect has 4 "points" per $​
Penfed Platinum Rewards 5 "points" per $​

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
I see the Costco card from Citi has 4% on fuel and "eligible" EV charging. Are there any other cards with EV charging as a bonus category? Thus far I've been using my 3% cashback Fidelity card.
I’ve not vetted any of these, but found this: https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/...ds-are-charging-ahead-with-ev-related-rewards

Madsen203

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Manager
Good to know. About to take a trip and helpful to have 4% back on my supercharging sessions. Saves me $8!

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Your fidelity card is 3% cashback across the board? That’s a heck of a lot better than my 1.5 with chase.

Sponsored

waitingforrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I’ve not vetted any of these, but found this: https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/...ds-are-charging-ahead-with-ev-related-rewards

I’ve been using the Bluedot app with debit card (last option listed above) which has 20% cash back for all EV charging (ignore the in app list which says Tesla Supercharging only), plus flat rate $0.3/kWh at EVGo (initiated from the Bluedot app):
https://bluedot.app.link/KU1b4DVgkyb

It’s open to anyone, not invite only anymore.

Only limitation is you need to spend $50 that month to redeem $100 max of cash back.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I hadn't even considered this yet. Definitely watching this thread!

OP
OP
Count Orlok

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Your fidelity card is 3% cashback across the board? That’s a heck of a lot better than my 1.5 with chase.
the Fidelity card is a 2% card that pays 3% with high enough AUM. It made making our 1040ES payments at least a little rewarding and I put all non-bonus category spending on it.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
the Fidelity card is a 2% card that pays 3% with high enough AUM. It made making our 1040ES payments at least a little rewarding and I put all non-bonus category spending on it.
Forgive me, what's an AUM? Is that like a spending minimum? If so what are we talking amount? If you don't want to share it in the open could you PM it to me please? I think this card might be something worth looking into for me.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
Never mind I looked it up.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Count Orlok

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Forgive me, what's an AUM? Is that like a spending minimum? If so what are we talking amount? If you don't want to share it in the open could you PM it to me please? I think this card might be something worth looking into for me.
"assets under management"

I would not open a managed account with them just for the card but we've found it to be a functional perk.

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Not to get too OT, search for "best cashback credit card" usually yields a lot of results. I like this 2% one:

https://www.nerdwallet.com/reviews/credit-cards/wells-fargo-active-cash

I like this one because I don't have to think about it. Other cards are 3%, 4%, 5% on different "categories". And some have additional bonuses that you can add through their apps. But for just grabbing a card quick out of your wallet, this might be worth checking out. I got tired of putting labels on which card to use for what. 😆

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Not to get too OT, search for "best cashback credit card" usually yields a lot of results. I like this 2% one:

https://www.nerdwallet.com/reviews/credit-cards/wells-fargo-active-cash

I like this one because I don't have to think about it. Other cards are 3%, 4%, 5% on different "categories". And some have additional bonuses that you can add through their apps. But for just grabbing a card quick out of your wallet, this might be worth checking out. I got tired of putting labels on which card to use for what. 😆
Wells Fargo is an instant PASS. I'm not sure why anyone does business with them, anymore.

I have the Fidelity Rewards Visa, myself, and I must say their website is pretty bad and much of the card is administered by a third party (Elan Financial) which is less than ideal.

The Citi Double Cash is a popular 2% all-purpose card that could also be considered.