Sponsored

Cybertruck Latest "Beta" Prototype gets up close look inside and out at Tesla Investor Day

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

And even if it does sell that many it won’t change the fact it’s a garbage fire with a comically large windshield wiper.
The wiper is the thing I'm most excited for. I want to find out how heavy it is, how easy it is to remove and stow, and how easy it is to reattach it while fumbling with it in a downpour in the dark. Also would like to see it handle clearing the windshield in a blizzard.

Oh and where to get replacement blades for it.
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
The wiper is the thing I'm most excited for. I want to find out how heavy it is, how easy it is to remove and stow, and how easy it is to reattach it while fumbling with it in a downpour in the dark. Also would like to see it handle clearing the windshield in a blizzard.

Oh and where to get replacement blades for it.
Oh it’s my favorite too. I can’t wait to read about the first (ever?) wiper related injury.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Oh it’s my favorite too. I can’t wait to read about the first (ever?) wiper related injury.
I typically reach out the window and rap the wiper against the windshield while it's moving if ice has accumulated on it... doing that in the Rivian requires extra care because the connection seems to be a lot more sturdy than I'm used to.

Doing that in the Cybertruck will probably pull you out of your seat if you don't time it right.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
I typically reach out the window and rap the wiper against the windshield while it's moving if ice has accumulated on it... doing that in the Rivian requires extra care because the connection seems to be a lot more sturdy than I'm used to.

Doing that in the Cybertruck will probably pull you out of your seat if you don't time it right.
Junk!

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mercedes EQS SUV
I can't wait to read reviews in general about the Cybertruck and see the final details like price and specs. I have a feeling it will be a train wreck but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Even though I think it looks terrible, and don't really understand the appeal, I would love to see a bunch of ICE trucks replaced by any EV truck. However I believe most of the Cybertruck buyers will simply be Tesla fans who are coming from another EV. So if anything the Cybertruck will simply add more large trucks to the road instead of the opposite direction.

Sponsored

who764

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Honestly, I'm excited for the first time I see one of these on the road. As much as I dislike the overall styling of it, it is like nothing else out there. To see this Blade Runner Tonka truck in traffic will be wild. Imagine being behind this behemoth when they are cleaning their windshield. It will be like a gallon of cleaning fluid flying over the truck. The reservoir for windshield wiper fluid will be half the frunk area.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I can't wait to read reviews in general about the Cybertruck and see the final details like price and specs. I have a feeling it will be a train wreck but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Even though I think it looks terrible, and don't really understand the appeal, I would love to see a bunch of ICE trucks replaced by any EV truck. However I believe most of the Cybertruck buyers will simply be Tesla fans who are coming from another EV. So if anything the Cybertruck will simply add more large trucks to the road instead of the opposite direction.
As much as I dislike the CT I do agree having a bunch of those on the road is better than a bunch more ICE trucks. Plus, it will be entertaining to me watching someone who is used to parking a Model Y try to park that gigantic CT :CWL: America loves large trucks. I don't see that ever changing.

Final spec announcement for that will be an interesting day for sure. I think the price will be much higher than anyone is expecting. And that's not necessarily Tesla's fault - the cost of everything is much higher than it was long ago when they announced this thing.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Imagine being behind this behemoth when they are cleaning their windshield. It will be like a gallon of cleaning fluid flying over the truck. The reservoir for windshield wiper fluid will be half the frunk area.
Thats going to be the CT version of getting coal rolled. They will be out and about "Cyber Splashing"

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I hadn't thought about that before. Cybertruck going into serial production could mean a price crash of the Tesla used market as existing Tesla customers move up.

BigSkies

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Clubs

There are plenty of people that buy "quirky" vehicles precisely because they're different and interesting. Think about the Mini Cooper or FJ Cruiser. These vehicles typically sell well for a couple years, but then sales taper off once they become more common on the road. I expect the same will happen with the Cybertruck.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

There are plenty of people that buy "quirky" vehicles precisely because they're different and interesting. Think about the Mini Cooper or FJ Cruiser. These vehicles typically sell well for a couple years, but then sales taper off once they become more common on the road. I expect the same will happen with the Cybertruck.
Will the Cybertruck live long enough to see a refresh? If Tesla refreshes it, will it be more polarizing or less?

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
As a former Honda Element owner I think I am uniquely qualified to say that I wouldn't want to be seen in a Cybertruck. Or under a Cybertruck. Or anywhere within eyeshot of a Cybertruck.

Zorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
CT long term sales success will be based on its value. If it offers more range/capabilities per dollar, it has a shot. Otherwise, I agree that it will quickly run out of customers. Since Tesla seems to be taking the high volume/low price route, it's possible.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired

Crucible

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Retired
Is it just me or did some of the comments like "1000% would buy" seem like plants to other folks too? I am still not impressed with this thing.
Sponsored