Sponsored

Cybertruck reveals new triangle mirrors (removable) in Palo Alto sighting 📸🎥 (video)

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Don't recall commenting on something Elon said. Only on observations of test model dimensions and indicated functionalities based on the demo of it. Seems like you are a bit more wound up by Elon than anything else.

Maybe you are right about Rivian and maybe Ford will start cranking out more trucks. I don't care who makes the truck to be honest. As long as they can make it, hit a price point for a "work truck" sector, and support it.
You have been commenting on what “work truck” features it has been claimed to have (by Elon). All imaginary at this point. And there are no dimensions of it yet. That’s what much of the discussion has been about today.
Sponsored

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
The loudest people who are clamoring about the cybertruck are Elon simps and Tesla fanboys. They’re the primary target audience.

Not people who use their cars for work.

Lets be real

Last edited:

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
You have been commenting on what “work truck” features it has been claimed to have (by Elon). All imaginary at this point. And there are no dimensions of it yet. That’s what much of the discussion has been about today.
What specific "work truck" features did I comment about in quoting Elon?

I think you are reading something else and attributing it to me. In case you are wondering, I don't own a Tesla product. I own a Rivian so not sure why you have lumped me in with Elon.

I only commented that, if built similar dimensions to what is shown the the demo truck, it will be a better fit for a WT crowd and role. Certainly don't want any more of your Elon rage to be incorrectly directed at me. I own no Tesla product or stock. I am only vested in Rivian as it pertains to EV ownership. I do have two deposits on CT and Ford and one other Chevy EV product.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
What specific "work truck" features did I comment about in quoting Elon?

I think you are reading something else and attributing it to me. In case you are wondering, I don't own a Tesla product. I own a Rivian so not sure why you have lumped me in with Elon.

I only commented that, if built similar dimensions to what is shown the the demo truck, it will be a better fit for a WT crowd and role. Certainly don't want any more of your Elon rage to be incorrectly directed at me. I own no Tesla product or stock. I am only vested in Rivian as it pertains to EV ownership. I do have two deposits on CT and Ford and one other Chevy EV product.
I’m not “lumping“ you in with anyone :CWL:

You didn’t mention specifics (oddly enough). Nor did you even say specifically what it was about the CT that would make it a good work truck (also odd). My comment was that you seem to be under the impression the “demo” trucks have those secret features you are looking for, despite no dimensions or features having been officially announced. A point more than one person has tried to get across to you.

You do you man🤷🏼‍♂️

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
I’m not “lumping“ you in with anyone :CWL:

You didn’t mention specifics (oddly enough). Nor did you even say specifically what it was about the CT that would make it a good work truck (also odd). My comment was that you seem to be under the impression the “demo” trucks have those secret features you are looking for, despite no dimensions or features having been officially announced. A point more than one person has tried to get across to you.

You do you man🤷🏼‍♂️
Bed length. A 4.5' bed vs. a 6.5' bed would be a big deal to a tradesman. That would be self evident to people that use a truck for work. Interesting that I didn't say anything specific, yet it faciliated this cascade of responses, mostly apparently because of some pent up rage about someone else, and intimations of Tesla fanboy status.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Bed length. A 4.5' bed vs. a 6.5' bed would be a big deal to a tradesman. That would be self evident to people that use a truck for work. Interesting that I didn't say anything specific, yet it faciliated this cascade of responses, mostly apparently because of some pent up rage about someone else, and intimations of Tesla fanboy status.
Actually I didn’t imply any of those things about you. This started with you saying the CT would be a good work truck. Then you were asked to provide guidance as to where those official “work truck” specs could be found. You posted a sarcastic link to search results that failed to answer the question. Several more attempts to get that info from you also resulted in failure.

The rest was me trying to caution you against believing what you think you might know about the CT‘s “work truck” credentials. Based on “demo trucks”:giggle:

When all you have left are straw man fallacies about what you think my mood is, you’ve reached the end of the road. You sleep tight!:like:

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Actually I didn’t imply any of those things about you. This started with you saying the CT would be a good work truck. Then you were asked to provide guidance as to where those official “work truck” specs could be found. You posted a sarcastic link to search results that failed to answer the question. Several more attempts to get that info from you also resulted in failure.

The rest was me trying to caution you against believing what you think you might know about the CT‘s “work truck” credentials. Based on “demo trucks”:giggle:

When all you have left are straw man fallacies about what you think my mood is, you’ve reached the end of the road. You sleep tight!:like:
Maybe comprehension isn't your strong suit. I've stated on several occasions that my assessment as to bed length and ultimate storage capacity was based on the truck being produced in some similar capacity and scale as to it's demo/prototype. I realize that the request of "official" dimensions is a great "gotcha" for the folks in response to my statement so let's be sure to applaud that for the internet hall of fame.

What's clear from your commentary is that any reference to a Tesla product garners a significant and visceral reaction from you. That's echoed in several of your replies and despite the admission that I am an R1T owner and it's my first and only EV...doesn't seem to belay your hyperbolic reactions.

No matter. For anyone reading the past comments, my statement was that the CT will likely be a more capable work truck. This was based on several unstated estimations on my part. Largest of which is bed length and capacity. Addition to that would be price point (again...TBD if that comes true as are all the points in this case), charging network, and interior capacity.

If the guy who shall not be named doesn't build the CT in any shape or form or scale that resembled the prototype CT, the points are all moot.

More specifically...if he builds the CT and it has a 4.5' long bed and a sticker price of over 90K...the Rivian will be at least as good as a work truck. Hope this clears up my point which I suspect didn't need clarification for those that don't hold a crippling hatred of the guy who shall not be named.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Maybe comprehension isn't your strong suit. I've stated on several occasions that my assessment as to bed length and ultimate storage capacity was based on the truck being produced in some similar capacity and scale as to it's demo/prototype. I realize that the request of "official" dimensions is a great "gotcha" for the folks in response to my statement so let's be sure to applaud that for the internet hall of fame.

What's clear from your commentary is that any reference to a Tesla product garners a significant and visceral reaction from you. That's echoed in several of your replies and despite the admission that I am an R1T owner and it's my first and only EV...doesn't seem to belay your hyperbolic reactions.

No matter. For anyone reading the past comments, my statement was that the CT will likely be a more capable work truck. This was based on several unstated estimations on my part. Largest of which is bed length and capacity. Addition to that would be price point (again...TBD if that comes true as are all the points in this case), charging network, and interior capacity.

If the guy who shall not be named doesn't build the CT in any shape or form or scale that resembled the prototype CT, the points are all moot.

More specifically...if he builds the CT and it has a 4.5' long bed and a sticker price of over 90K...the Rivian will be at least as good as a work truck. Hope this clears up my point which I suspect didn't need clarification for those that don't hold a crippling hatred of the guy who shall not be named.
Aww. There you go again with the personal insults. The thing about comprehension is that it’s also dependent on the person you’re interacting with being comprehensible. The only reason you are being pressed on your comments at all is because you are stating them as facts like this:

As a work truck, there is no comparison.
Cool. Thanks for the update.

For those of us that might need the functionality of a truck in a work capacity, it will be a more capable selection.
Someone with your obvious level of genius and “work truck” expertise would never make such a statement without actually knowing it to be true, so you were asked to back that up with any sort of proof at all. All you could manage was a sad set of search results that still didn’t even support your comments.

It didn’t get any better after that. When pressed further on what makes the CT a clear winner in the “work truck” category, you backed off of the “no comparison” stuff and said you were basing it on the “dimensions” of the demo trucks. That’s great except we don’t know the dimensions of the demo trucks do we? Now you admit you were basing that on “unstated estimations” :CWL: No $hit!

I could see that was going nowhere so I asked the same question in a different way and after several more wasted posts you finally said that bed length and a price under $90k (both things we don’t know anything about) was your benchmark. Nice work! For the first time all of your posts you actually said what you meant and answered a question. Here’s your medal🥉

Now, after more ad hominem personal attacks and unrelated whining you also add “interior space“ and “charging” to your list. What a breakthrough! It doesn’t really matter that we also don’t know anything about either of those things, although it’s safe to say the charging will not be an issue because of their established network. 🥉

It was painful to get here, but after all of this you have finally said (in so many words) what you could have simply said in the beginning: “I don’t have any evidence to back this up but here is why I think the CT MIGHT be a good work truck“. Or “IF the CT includes the following things I think it would be a capable work truck”
  1. 6.5’ bed (unknown)
  2. Price under $90k (unknown)
  3. Charging
  4. Interior space (unknown)
I am so proud of you right now. Even though you still can’t admit there is little to no evidence to support your original claim that the CT is a better work truck “no comparison“, you are learning to communicate. Now if you could figure out how to just say that in 1 post instead 10 and leave out the unnecessary personal attacks, you will really be onto something. And if you accomplish that we can work on the problem of “comparisons” and why it doesn’t work to make declarative statements about trucks you don’t have anything but random videos to compare to.

You take care of yourself:like:

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Aww. There you go again with the personal insults. The thing about comprehension is that it’s also dependent on the person you’re interacting with being comprehensible. The only reason you are being pressed on your comments at all is because you are stating them as facts like this:

Someone with your obvious level of genius and “work truck” expertise would never make such a statement without actually knowing it to be true, so you were asked to back that up with any sort of proof at all. All you could manage was a sad set of search results that still didn’t even support your comments.

It didn’t get any better after that. When pressed further on what makes the CT a clear winner in the “work truck” category, you backed off of the “no comparison” stuff and said you were basing it on the “dimensions” of the demo trucks. That’s great except we don’t know the dimensions of the demo trucks do we? Now you admit you were basing that on “unstated estimations” :CWL: No $hit!

I could see that was going nowhere so I asked the same question in a different way and after several more wasted posts you finally said that bed length and a price under $90k (both things we don’t know anything about) was your benchmark. Nice work! For the first time all of your posts you actually said what you meant and answered a question. Here’s your medal🥉

Now, after more ad hominem personal attacks and unrelated whining you also add “interior space“ and “charging” to your list. What a breakthrough! It doesn’t really matter that we also don’t know anything about either of those things, although it’s safe to say the charging will not be an issue because of their established network. 🥉

It was painful to get here, but after all of this you have finally said (in so many words) what you could have simply said in the beginning: “I don’t have any evidence to back this up but here is why I think the CT MIGHT be a good work truck“. Or “IF the CT includes the following things I think it would be a capable work truck”
  1. 6.5’ bed (unknown)
  2. Price under $90k (unknown)
  3. Charging
  4. Interior space (unknown)
I am so proud of you right now. Even though you still can’t admit there is little to no evidence to support your original claim that the CT is a better work truck “no comparison“, you are learning to communicate. Now if you could figure out how to just say that in 1 post instead 10 and leave out the unnecessary personal attacks, you will really be onto something. And if you accomplish that we can work on the problem of “comparisons” and why it doesn’t work to make declarative statements about trucks you don’t have anything but random videos to compare to.

You take care of yourself:like:
🫳
🎤

Sponsored

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Where is the personal insult here? This? Is it really an insult if you continue to ask the same question as to what my rationale for an otherwise benign statement was?

Maybe comprehension isn't your strong suit.
So...the gotchas for my post/position are that:
  • I quoted something like KBB for the bed length comparison (i.e. first result on the Google search) vs. the lack of any official statement from Tesla
  • I based my assumption that it would be a better fit for a WT on it not experiencing a significant reduction in footprint from the prototypes that have been seen and what dimensions could be visually inferred from those working examples
  • The same assumptions about interior space
  • Price based on previously indicated market sector targets. Obviously everyone's price has gone up and if they only make the 2 and 3 motor option, you will correct in that it won't land in the pricing categories that he claimed...even with the inflation pressures and resulting price hikes.
Not sure what "ad hominem" attacks (although what is an attack these days is clearly a moving target) you are referring to. Your reactions and opinions about Elon are pretty well documented in this and other posts. I don't see anyone else posting screenshots of his tweets and calling him pathological when posting a reply about the potential release of the CT. But whatever. This has occupied entirely too much time on a weekend.

Apologies if you took any of my statements as personally insulting. I don't know you from Adam so it's kind of hard to have an opinion on the matter. I do think the statement that based on what it was presented as, it should be a better WT sector fit than the Rivian is hardly controversial...but different strokes for different folks I suppose.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Where is the personal insult here? This? Is it really an insult if you continue to ask the same question as to what my rationale for an otherwise benign statement was?

So...the gotchas for my post/position are that:
  • I quoted something like KBB for the bed length comparison (i.e. first result on the Google search) vs. the lack of any official statement from Tesla
  • I based my assumption that it would be a better fit for a WT on it not experiencing a significant reduction in footprint from the prototypes that have been seen and what dimensions could be visually inferred from those working examples
  • The same assumptions about interior space
  • Price based on previously indicated market sector targets. Obviously everyone's price has gone up and if they only make the 2 and 3 motor option, you will correct in that it won't land in the pricing categories that he claimed...even with the inflation pressures and resulting price hikes.
Not sure what "ad hominem" attacks (although what is an attack these days is clearly a moving target) you are referring to. Your reactions and opinions about Elon are pretty well documented in this and other posts. I don't see anyone else posting screenshots of his tweets and calling him pathological when posting a reply about the potential release of the CT. But whatever. This has occupied entirely too much time on a weekend.

Apologies if you took any of my statements as personally insulting. I don't know you from Adam so it's kind of hard to have an opinion on the matter. I do think the statement that based on what it was presented as, it should be a better WT sector fit than the Rivian is hardly controversial...but different strokes for different folks I suppose.
Constantly whining about “gotchas” is something people who say confusing or silly things on a regular basis do to change the subject when they get called out on it. You are simply trying to make the discussion about me and my opinions on Musk instead of revising your original comments or admit you actually have no information to back up your claims that the CT would be a superior work truck “no comparison”.

I can’t help you understand what separates a personal attack from regular discussion about a specific topic. Call a therapist.

Obviously we aren’t going to see this the same way and I agree we’ve both spent entirely too much time on it. Seriously, enjoy the rest of your weekend. :)

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Constantly whining about “gotchas” is something people who say confusing or silly things on a regular basis do to change the subject when they get called out on it. You are simply trying to make the discussion about me and my opinions on Musk instead of revising your original comments or admit you actually have no information to back up your claims that the CT would be a superior work truck “no comparison”.

I can’t help you understand what separates a personal attack from regular discussion about a specific topic. Call a therapist.

Obviously we aren’t going to see this the same way and I agree we’ve both spent entirely too much time on it. Seriously, enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Guess we will see when he builds it...if they build it. I never mentioned Elon until you went on a couple of rips about him. You're right though...I have no information from Tesla...officially confirming the bed size. Given the iterrations and modifications that were talked about by Tesla, I was just figuring they weren't going to reduce the bed size by 40%. Anything is possible though. He is a bit of a wildcard.

If it comes with a longer than 4.5' bed...it will be a more capable work truck. Hopefully they are able to do that under 90K. Fingers crossed.

Zorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
If side mirrors are indeed removable, it will be interesting to see what kind of impact it will have on range. I am still hanging on to my deposit. I like the size of my R1T, but the potentially longer range, access to SC and rear wheel steering could be attractive. Figure I have another year to figure this out.

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
Regardless of actual dimensions, the CT looks big. The slab sides, wide track, sloped bed, sharp corners, and that large black diaper in the back, all contribute to visual it's girth.
Sponsored