Sponsored

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Not sure. Search this forum and you should find a recent report, like in the last week, of someone doing this n
A specific benefit of Rivian sourced Nationwide insurance per Rivian insurance rep.
Sponsored

SDH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE; Jeep Rubicon
I grew up learning to drive around DC. To be determined on who is truly worse Florida drivers or beltway drivers.
I have the answer to this... American drivers. My experience of driving in the US in that drivers are of a similar standard to Iraq and India. That's probably a result of giving kids aged 15 a license and the test being to just drive an automatic round the block. Zero road awareness and those stalks behind the wheel ... called indicators in the UK (turn signals here) are to tell another driver what you would like to do (i.e.. indicate) rather than what you are doing (if you chose to use them at all - which most Americans don't).
Also reverse parking... yeah, good luck with that. Just check out the next big parking lot to see what I mean (remember that scene in Austin Powers, back and forth?).

OK, rant over.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Great to hear everyone was OK.

I love how everyone chimes in as If they are professional automotive insurance adjusters.

Our Model Y was in a minor backing accident last year. The total cost of repairs? Slightly over $10k and 3-weeks in the body shop.

Rivian R1T R1S Damage results from 7K lbs R1T vs Civic in collision 312AB308-D471-4B73-9DE5-3C76A7922A14

Last edited:

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Great to hear everyone was OK.

I love how everyone chimes in as If they are professional automotive insurance adjuster.

Our Model Y was in a minor backing accident last year. The total cost of repairs? Slightly over $10k and 3-weeks in the body shop.

312AB308-D471-4B73-9DE5-3C76A7922A14.jpeg
I remember when my 2010 Camaro got hit on the side of the bumper and it was crazy that it cost $3500 to fix it. Its amazing how EVs are so much worse.

Rad_ry

First Name
Reece
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5
Occupation
Finance
Accidents and damage to vehicles is always upsetting and stressful, but I like to hear stories when both parties are nice about it, which seems to be case here :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

nrrasmussen

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S; Audi All-road Wagon; Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Consultant
Clubs

Similar incident with my R1S - rear-ended 4 days after taking delivery. Fortunately everyone involved was okay, which is obviously the most important thing.

Damage to mine was mainly rear quarter panel and bumper. Accident happened 12/27/2022, and we're still waiting on parts nearly 3 months later. Fortunately my expectations on a speedy repair were (rightly!) set VERY low!

Estimate to repair is ~$27K, and the body shop says it will take at least a month to repair once they get all the parts. It's drivable in the interim at least, but it's just not as much fun driving around in damaged goods ;)

I need to look into the diminished value situation more - thanks for reminding of that.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
I hope Rivian certified shops are closer to you than me. My R1S is scheduled for repairs in May at the nearest shop, 3 hours away.

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & Audi
Occupation
SP
My guess is that both vehicles are a total loss. But if I'm wrong, I bet that's still going to be a huge repair bill to your Rivian.

BTW, the airbags aren't supposed to go off when hit from the rear. They'd really serve no purpose other than to run up the cost of repair to replace them.

Reactions: Guy

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & Audi
Occupation
SP
Most importantly, nobody hurt.
Minor correction…your R1T weights 8532lbs!
Oh boy....lol. That's not the weight of the Rivian. That's the weight it could be if it was maxed out with people and cargo. Well, at least the within the allowable limit. I suppose you could put even more weight in it than that, but at your own risk.

Chirocam

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Chiropractor
Florida drivers are the worst. I hope you enjoyed it while you had it, looks like yours will be totaled and you'll be shopping for another! I hope you aren't too sore after, as the ramping effect caused by smaller vehicles can be sneaky good at causing injuries when you're not prepared for impact!

Sponsored

SCV-Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Chevy Colorado, Honda Accord
Occupation
Sales
Also glad to hear everyone and the pup are all OK. Hope everything goes well with USAA. That's my Insurance too.

HJP1

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (sold) Lexus LS460, Cadillac XT5, Lexus IS500
Occupation
retired
Most important is that the R1T has a top safety rating, happy to hear no one injured!

Zeusy Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Sucks because here in Florida even if you’re not at fault your insurance premium will increase by a lot. Glad everyone’s ok though.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Sucks because here in Florida even if you’re not at fault your insurance premium will increase by a lot. Glad everyone’s ok though.
What????

In every state getting rear-ended is 100% the other person's fault. So in Florida your insurance goes up if someone hits you from behind??

HarisonAltDelete

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I would want a new truck, especially since it’s a rear end and 100% the fault of the Civic driver. And lest us not forget, “diminished value”. Your “repaired” truck will carry a lower value than an equivalent not repaired one. Be sure to file a diminished value claim with their insurance company as well. Probably $20k right there.
Not close to 20k the absolute most you can hope to get out of a diminished value claim is 10% of the market value of the car. Theres a hard cap. Realistically this is about $6000-7500 in diminished. But the point is moot bc the car will be totaled and you don't get DV on a totaled car
Sponsored

Last edited: