First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
I won't drive off a dealer lot with their sticker on the back of my car. I had a salesman get snippy once saying, "it's dealership policy so it has to be there." To which I answered, it's also my company policy that I don't do free advertisements for people. You have three choices: 1) remove the sticker; 2) pay me $1,000 cash as that's the going rate to advertise on the car; or 3) the deal is canceled."

The sales manager also came in and tried the same line on me...and about 20 minutes later, the car was back in detail getting the sticker removed.
Sponsored

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

potential re-badge options! j/k =P

IMG_9038.jpg
You arenā€™t committed unless you stick them back on in some creative order. I saw someone with a CIVIC who apparently really likes ELVISā€¦
:whatsgoingon:
Rivian R1T R1S Debadge Rivian R1T - for those curious to see what it looks like 1684279817348

R1TCentralMa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Computer Sci Stuff
just used some dental floss, goo gone, and spray car wash. you probably don't want to use any kind of metal wire. Dental floss (or even nylon fishing line) is thin enough to cut the adhesive but not damage the finish; Goo gone to dissolve any leftover sticky residue; and then spray car wash to just clean it up once you have it all done.
Gracias for the info. I will be doing the same, leaving the R1T in the back. Because I can! ;-)

Riptide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Frontier
Occupation
Fire & Rescue
Clubs

Iā€™d stick a rivian compass in the middle of the tailgate(with the R1T emblem still on) and call it good.
Agree. The tailgate is a bit too bland with it all off. Gotta leave a little something up to the imagination!

Sponsored

TheGymKid

First Name
RivianRunner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, LE, El Cap, 22"
I have a personalized plate, so maybe debadging would work for me. (Photoshopped examples...)
Rivian R1T R1S Debadge Rivian R1T - for those curious to see what it looks like 1685982439663

Rivian R1T R1S Debadge Rivian R1T - for those curious to see what it looks like 1685982244695

Rivian R1T R1S Debadge Rivian R1T - for those curious to see what it looks like 1685982473979

nrrasmussen

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S; Audi All-road Wagon; Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Consultant
Clubs

Mine is debadged for the time being... Had it wrapped and they prefer to use brand new decals which apparently they can't get from Rivian anytime soon. Debating to leave as is or put them back on - leaning towards putting them back on, but looks pretty good without 'em. And that way I get even more "what kind of car is that" questions LOL...
Rivian R1T R1S Debadge Rivian R1T - for those curious to see what it looks like IMG_4479.JPEG
Rivian R1T R1S Debadge Rivian R1T - for those curious to see what it looks like IMG_6830.JPEG
Rivian R1T R1S Debadge Rivian R1T - for those curious to see what it looks like IMG_3905.JPEG
Rivian R1T R1S Debadge Rivian R1T - for those curious to see what it looks like IMG_9351.JPEG

deadparadise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I'm really tempted to do this but I think some of the colors lend themselves better to the debadged look than others. Need someone with a white R1T to do it and post pics so I can make up my mind šŸ˜…

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Civic, EX-L, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

I won't drive off a dealer lot with their sticker on the back of my car. I had a salesman get snippy once saying, "it's dealership policy so it has to be there." To which I answered, it's also my company policy that I don't do free advertisements for people. You have three choices: 1) remove the sticker; 2) pay me $1,000 cash as that's the going rate to advertise on the car; or 3) the deal is canceled."

The sales manager also came in and tried the same line on me...and about 20 minutes later, the car was back in detail getting the sticker removed.
Completely agree. No dealer sticker or no deal. I feel the same way about license plate frames, but those I can take off myself. I'm at a total loss as how to understand people that put them back on if they have to later install the plate, or change to plate. What are they thinking?

I like the de-badging. It's not like those are the only places when it says Rivian on the vehicle.
Sponsored

Last edited: