teddyang

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adeventure Edition, RB, BM, 21"
Clubs

You do you, but this is so terrible and so ugly in so many ways. Debadging is very chav in that it started as a trend to hide the fact that you got the cheap model. The lights tinting thing is teenager cringe from the 1990s. Got a ricer or a V6 Mustang? Tint the tailights!
thanks for sharing your opinion with the rest of us! good thing this is my truck then and not yours! lol 🤷‍♂️

dotlinetriangle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure, Forest Green / Black Mountain / 21”
Clubs

Teddyang’s truck looks good debadged, but carmelbythesea’s Limestone lends itself really well to the clean sheet look. For me, I think it’s the greater contrast between the paint and the plastic. I don’t think my FG would look good debadged.

Sponsored

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
Should anyone else decide to debadge, I'd be happy to buy them from you :)

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I normally do debadge my cars, at least a little bit. I could see taking the door emblems off and maybe the R1T on the tailgate but I think it needs something there to break it up, so I would leave the Rivian (probably will leave it all though to be honest). It will definitely be easier to clean with all the letters gone.

louisdeg

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Red Canyon/Forest Edge, 21” wheels
Occupation
Home inspector
I thought of another reason not to debrand: I was scrolling through my Rivian emergency response guide and the first page is how to tell if it’s a Rivian. By debadging you are making the fire departments job harder if they need to deactivate/cut open the vehicle in case you have a wreck. I would know it’s a Rivian but judging from the number of you who comment about rubbernecker’s questions the Rescue Squad who is trying to pry you out of your Rivian may waste some time figuring out WTF it is so they can start extricating in a safe manner. LT. WTFD Rescue Squad
https://assets.rivian.com/k534zewng...-response-guide-r1t-en-us-20220107.pdf#page12

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

I thought about debadging the rear R I V I A N section for the past four months, as I just never thought the tailgate looked clean enough. Did it last night and have zero regrets....all other badges are on the truck.....

Rivian R1T R1S Debadge Rivian R1T - for those curious to see what it looks like IMG20220716225305

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

just used some dental floss, goo gone, and spray car wash. you probably don't want to use any kind of metal wire. Dental floss (or even nylon fishing line) is thin enough to cut the adhesive but not damage the finish; Goo gone to dissolve any leftover sticky residue; and then spray car wash to just clean it up once you have it all done.
Easy peezy

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

For the 1 of you out there that may be interested in knowing, the badging removal gives me 3 oz in weight savings! lmao
Improving 0-60 time!!!!

greatdane1588

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Model 3, CX-9
To each his own. I never understood de-badging a vehicle.
Normally I would agree. But once I get mine, I think it'll be the only time I've ever considered doing it. The giant RIVIAN on the back is too much IMO.

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

Anyone else have people get a bit too close behind you trying to read the Rivian name? That's my lead reason for considering a delete. If they fix phantom ACC braking I'd be less concerned. Also I just like the stealth look.

jclicky

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
haha someone already made that comment above and honestly ppl are gonna ask either way. I'm making the truck how i want it, not for other ppl.

yeah i know, it's a personal preference thing. i'm just not a fan of plastering a brand's name across the rear. now if it was just a rivian badge, i'd be cool with that, and in fact if they ever sell parts i'd probably buy the one they have in front and stick that in the back too.
Interesting, so maybe a slightly larger version of the hood badge centered on the rear instead of the latest trend to spell out a brand name?
Sponsored