Sponsored

Delivery driver said Proximity Key in next update.

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

I didn’t want the 2 phones as a key confusion for the truck, so my wife is going to use the key fob and it’s not proximity yet. I hope he is right.
Sponsored

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
It would be awesome if the key fob was proximity based because then I could leave proximity on all the time.

The only issue then is trying to turn it off for the phone, but still being able to lock/unlock the vehicle with the phone remotely.

Currently I have proximity off at home because I don't want it locking and unlocking when I'm walking around with the phone.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Umm... I thought the fob was proximity?

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Umm... I thought the fob was proximity?
Not yet, only Phone is capable of it. I was told they are working on it for the FOB as well but was not told next update but s00n.

bagsofcole

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
El Cap/OC R1T, FOR SALE: 2017 Tesla Model S 90D
Occupation
Network Engineer
Unfortunately, the feature where phone proximity to unlock the doors in a timely manner only works for me about half the time (iPhone 14 pro). I don't mind carrying the key fob but I think it was 2007 when I bought a Toyota Tundra and no longer had to push a button to get into the vehicle. That truck had a physical metal key I had to turn in the ignition to start it, but never did I have a standoff at the door wondering how long I should stand there waiting for the proximity phone key to do the job, or if I'm going to dig through my pocket and find the key fob or phone, then figure out what button unlocks it (in the dark, of course)or swipe through the screens to find the app, then open it, then unlock (since there is no Rivian widget that I can drop on the Lock Screen. I'd say about 90% of the time I'm in this showdown, it will unlock with the phone's proximity before I finally get to one of those two conclusions. But how cool do I look just staring at the door of my cutting edge, state of the art EV. I think it's a designed PR thing, it gives passers by a little more time to say, "hey nice truck, who makes RIVIANs?"

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
But how cool do I look just staring at the door of my cutting edge, state of the art EV. I think it's a designed PR thing, it gives passers by a little more time to say, "hey nice truck, who makes RIVIANs?"
You have to think "unlock" in Illinoisian.
Sponsored