Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

WTF…In October I was given Dec 22 - Jan 23 delivery (R1T). No guide. Crickets. Update is Jan - Jun 24. I’m < 200 miles from a service center with another “coming soon” about 75miles away.

As much as I have tried to avoid the internet negativity, sometimes it’s right…this company must have some major issues behind the scenes.
I'm wondering if they don't have a bug related to proximity to the nearest coming soon service center. I'm barely closer to one that is coming soon and it doesn't make sense to push out my delivery until that one opens if they have the capacity to get my vehicle produced before then, but it seems like that might be what's happening.
Sponsored

Robotpedlr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivan R1S
Occupation
Sales
11/21 R1S order
Went from OCT-DEC 23 to Jan-JUN 24
Ugh.
Same delayed dates here. Emails says due to building a new SC near me. there is already one 35 miles from me now. Oh well

Last edited:

ciderarchitect

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2018 Honda CRV
Occupation
Architect/Contractor
Dev Tools now says 2H of 2024. Disappointing to say the least. Seems like distance to service center is still the biggest factor for quicker deliveries.
I have an August 2021 R1T (large battery) order, and went from "Processing" to 2H2024 today. I'd say I appreciate them finally being specific, but it would be a lie. I don't appreciate it at all. What happened to "mobile service can perform the majority of service needs"? Four hours from a service center and I'm SOL.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Anyone still processing?

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

This has nothing to do with this. Rivian makes updates to their vehicles all the time.
?? They had aimed to complete the vast majority of pre March holders by end of 2023. Now they have this financial drag through 2024.

Sponsored

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

Whoa, my R1S Adv just moved up in the queue! I ordered back on 12/3/2018, and I honestly thought I'd eventually be joining the 2000+ days club.

Before my estimate was Apr-June, and now it's Feb-Mar! 😲

ciderarchitect

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2018 Honda CRV
Occupation
Architect/Contractor

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
Whoa, my R1S Adv just moved up in the queue! I ordered back on 12/3/2018, and I honestly thought I'd eventually be joining the 2000+ days club.

Before my estimate was Apr-June, and now it's Feb-Mar! 😲
Config?

Sponsored

Virtio

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
VP of Engineering
Clubs

Wow, this thread exploded like 20+ more pages since yesterday... I haven't read most new posts to get the correct since of wind blowing direction.

My R1S went from "2024" to July-Sept 2023. So I'm pleased about that but don't mean to rub salt into people's wounds.

R1S config in my sig.
That's interesting. I made my reservation the same month for exactly the same equipment and my due date is July-Dec 2024. I live less than 20 miles from a service center. I don't get the huge difference in delivery dates.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I know a dude posted not long ago about how he 'gamed the system' for some crazy fast delivery period. I'm not that guy. I will share what I did in the past 4-6 weeks so others can try it and see if it reduces delivery time on the next update. At the time my motivations were sincere and not specifically aimed at manipulating the delivery outcome other than to assume an R1T would come along way faster than waiting for an R1S next year.

In early Dec. I legitimately had motivations to switch from a R1S order to R1T so I did so with a formal Config change. Within a week a Guide did the "confirm configuration" thing. Around Christmas I got a kind of phantom buyer's remorse and decided to switch the same pre-order back to an R1S. I emailed my guide and she made the changes within a day without pause or seeking explanation. Right when it became an R1T order (for that short period) it said "Processing estimate" for delivery and never updated until today, well after the flip-flop back to R1S.

Perhaps this switch-a-roo made a difference somehow.

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I won’t cancel, but this is putting me over the edge. I stood by them for the increase, and everything else. This…this is outrageous. Bumping me a year and moving others up who ordered months after me. Bad taste.

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
?? They had aimed to complete the vast majority of pre March holders by end of 2023. Now they have this financial drag through 2024.
Without knowing what’s happening and why, it’s hard to say. For example, if they’re prioritizing dual motor orders, it’s feasible LE orders get pushed into 2024
Sponsored