Sponsored

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
FYI, CS just told me its coming today or tomorrow.
Given that today and tomorrow are the last days in January, that was a really helpful CS rep!

Mathme

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
As I always think about Twitter...the land where everyone is yelling at each other and 99% of of the info is crap.

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
I can't say I've ever bothered to inspect the pins on a CCS cable before inserting it into my EV. Suppose it might be worth the extra few seconds. I mean, my Rivian does have a flashlight right there, or I could flip on the flood light in the mirror.

The more I think about this, the more I wonder if EA's biggest problem is some vigilante Teslastans that are damaging the ports/cables intentionally to make EA less reliable.
I once charged at an EA station and it had a bent pin or something that caused the charging cable on the rivian side to push out of the back of the harness. Once this happened the truck was stranded and had to be towed.

Since then i've checked every plug i've used first.

Sponsored

johstacy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
Idk about fake news when lightnings have been reporting the same issue with an EA charger. Also don’t really see Kyle being a fake news kind of guy.
Maybe not "fake news" but he is being hyperbolic in his presentation and that is probably to get clicks. however when you do that it can be misconstrued as fake news

johstacy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
This is the second EV I've heard of this happening to. Don't remember if it was ever discovered what caused the last one. I think it was a Lightning.

Curious if the person tried to remove the cable with the manual release.
Damn.... Like what do you do about lightning... at that point you just call the insurance company and walk away. I could imagen that being something happening more and more with more charging stations and EV's on the roads but you can't blame that on anything but nature and since we can't control nature yet... well what do you do

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
FYI, CS just told me its coming today or tomorrow.
Question is: Is it the actual update *of* the dates. Or an update *on* the dates....

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

There's a difference between being hit by lightning and being hit by a Lightning.
I see you also have an uncle Jack that rides horses and needs assistance dismounting.

Sponsored

Ravenron

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer/Retired Military
Great, prepare for a bunch of Tesla fanboys to pump their chest and clamor how the only choice for EVs is Tesla. 😞

So tiresome
Only a problem if you read their postings...:puke:...:CWL:

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
Unrelated but I've hit a 150kw EA charger at a local Walmart twice in the last week and both times I'd get 150kw for about 10 minutes and then the station itself would throttle me down to 38-40kw and won't rise above it no matter how long I'm plugged in for. Truck indicates it is the charger throttling, not the truck. Temps in the mid 30s both days.

Pretty frustrating. Glad it isn't exploding and screwing my truck up at least :) Tho I wouldn't mind one of them going up in flames and taking out any of the asshats in ICE vehicles that park in those spots and then verbally harass/threaten me when I remind them they're not supposed to park there. :sigh:

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
"EA Charging station ruthlessly murders hapless Rivian R1T"

I keep thinking it's going to be another post of the same incident.
“Elon overpays for Twitter, tanks company, Tesla follows, Tesla then cuts prices thwarting EV comp, Musk caught putting superglue in EA CCA male ends further damaging comp, Kyle does series of 60 minute clips eventually eclipsing the Fast and Furious and Star Wars sagas”.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
“Elon overpays for Twitter, tanks company, Tesla follows, Tesla then cuts prices thwarting EV comp, Musk caught putting superglue in EA CCA male ends further damaging comp, Kyle does series of 60 minute clips eventually eclipsing the Fast and Furious and Star Wars sagas”.
Rivian R1T R1S Delivery Estimate Updates Are Out! ⏱️ [as of Jan 31, 2022] Unknown

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Unrelated but I've hit a 150kw EA charger at a local Walmart twice in the last week and both times I'd get 150kw for about 10 minutes and then the station itself would throttle me down to 38-40kw and won't rise above it no matter how long I'm plugged in for. Truck indicates it is the charger throttling, not the truck. Temps in the mid 30s both days.

Pretty frustrating. Glad it isn't exploding and screwing my truck up at least :) Tho I wouldn't mind one of them going up in flames and taking out any of the asshats in ICE vehicles that park in those spots and then verbally harass/threaten me when I remind them they're not supposed to park there. :sigh:
That sounds like the cable cooling failed and/or the temp sensor for the cable/handle. Either way, EA problem for sure.
Sponsored