Sponsored

e4gaa1104

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S Tesla Model 3 Jeep Wrangler 4XE
Clubs

I agree. When I made my R1S preorder back in May 21 I think I read there were c35k pre orders at the time. They produced 25k vehicles in 2022 and have now added an extra shift etc so how are people waiting for vehicles that have preordered year ago? Or am I just a dumb Brit who doesn't get it?
Sponsored

pathfinder2

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 4runner, KS S18
Occupation
Software Design Engineer
I think the reason for some deliveries being bumped back is due to early reservation max pack hold outs, like myself, that have likely swapped to Large packs.
Unless you are like me and waiting for that mythical powered tonneau...

Bob76

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes ML350, Subaru Outback, R1S
I agree. When I made my R1S preorder back in May 21 I think I read there were c35k pre orders at the time. They produced 25k vehicles in 2022 and have now added an extra shift etc so how are people waiting for vehicles that have preordered year ago? Or am I just a dumb Brit who doesn't get it?
My guess is that it relates to certain parts not available enough, and efficiencies around batching similar configurations together.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Wow, that's a huge delay....which does not make a lot of sense, since they are supposedly ramping up 3rd shift and doubling production compared to 2022.
They haven't changed their guidance for 2023 yet as far as I'm aware, but their Q4 earnings release isn't until the end of next month.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Unless you are like me and waiting for that mythical powered tonneau...
I kinda gave up. I love the idea, and practicality of the powered version, but not confident in its long-term functionality

Sponsored

Freddie

First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

25k in 2022 includes EDVs and R1T/S. Looking at these estimates, I have really started to worry about their 2023 projection as an investor 🤔

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
Lots of puts and takes based on looking through today's posts.

Mine stayed the same but quite frankly it's almost Feb 1st and I don't have my 8steps. I've come to the reality that although they may not push my window out...I'm not getting this thing until April/May.

JKDU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Professor
Estimates will go out today (happening now - last day of the month. The is per Rivian Customer Service as of 1 hour ago!
I checked my account and it changed from Processing estimate to May-June 2023 which is what the dev hack showed earlier today when i looked. Last update had me at April- June 2023.

pathfinder2

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 4runner, KS S18
Occupation
Software Design Engineer
I kinda gave up. I love the idea, and practicality of the powered version, but not confident in its long-term functionality
Well now it is the only major deciding factor between getting the R1T vs the R1S + trailer... We would prefer to not deal with a trailer (for loads you would use a truck for) and have the truck capability with weather resistant storage most of the time.

captcrunch11

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Tesla Model 3 LR
My order date moved up from “2024” to Oct-Dec 2023 for a R1S order placed on 1/29/2022. Not bad. Would love to have one of the first 2024 MY builds.

Sponsored

wicked2112

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & CrossTrek
Occupation
Warranty & Product Integrity Manager - Yakima Racks.
Clubs

I checked my account and it changed from Processing estimate to May-June 2023 which is what the dev hack showed earlier today when i looked. Last update had me at April- June 2023.
I was relaying what I was told when talking to CS. I imagine some orders will move up and some will move out. Good luck!

Matt D.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
It seems that perhaps a lot of Launch Edition delivery estimates stayed relatively the same or moved up. And for the most part, Adventure deliveries got pushed back.

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

My order date moved up from “2024” to Oct-Dec 2023 for a R1S order placed on 1/29/2022. Not bad. Would love to have one of the first 2024 MY builds.
If that happens and my July 2021 R1S is moved from 1h 2023, to 1h 2024, I'm flying to Normal tonight lol

wski441

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S
Clubs

I would think that this thread should be read again with a grain of salt (those who have bad news post more vs those with good news).

I would think that the shifts that happen would be bell curved shaped with most not changing, or changing slightly those that shifted out and in on the edges of the curve.
Sponsored