Sponsored

Deposit down, confirmed config then deleted, shop VIN locked

jfoonly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Clubs

I've placed a deposit. I've been waiting for this kind of EV for awhile. I wasn't ready for the initially promised delivery dates so waited on a deposit. Now I have a bit of ROMO - Regret Of Missing Out - on the early pricing, but I'm still a bit excited about getting an R1S.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jfoonly

jfoonly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Clubs

I confirmed my config and a couple days later an exact match showed up in the shop, but when I asked my guide said I can't have it! I don't have a VIN, just "pending". Then an exact match + PPF showed up, and they've sat there a few days... wonder if I'll get the end of quarter call... whatever, I was expecting nothing until after the shutdown.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jfoonly

jfoonly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Clubs

A sales guy called (& emailed) for "expedited delivery". While he said he could see more vehicles than I can in the shop, he couldn't see the exact+PPF match that I see. I guess I could just buy it from the shop, but I wouldn't get any of the incentives being offered. He was pushing a white vehicle (my least wanted color tied with black), without some of my options, and offering a free AT upgrade. It's a little surprising they're still making so many vehicles with the backlog of inventory and pending shutdown, but maybe that means I'll get matched yet!

OP
OP
jfoonly

jfoonly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Clubs

Well Rivian completely deleted my config yesterday for their April pause, my deposit is now refundable, and the "guaranteed" price lock is gone. That after getting a sales call for "expedited delivery" from current inventory, but the salesperson couldn't see the exact match I could see in the shop and was pushing my least desired color combo (white on black). I guess I'll hang on to see what happens in May, but I'm kinda expecting another 20% price increase and more feature deletes--no 12VDC or 120VAC in the rear? no 5V USB? no compressor? HHOS...

DuoRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T and an R1S
Occupation
IT
So you have missed out by not taking an expedited delivery vehicle offered to you?

Gen(R3)Xer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Well Rivian completely deleted my config yesterday for their April pause, my deposit is now refundable, and the "guaranteed" price lock is gone. That after getting a sales call for "expedited delivery" from current inventory, but the salesperson couldn't see the exact match I could see in the shop and was pushing my least desired color combo (white on black). I guess I'll hang on to see what happens in May, but I'm kinda expecting another 20% price increase and more feature deletes--no 12VDC or 120VAC in the rear? no 5V USB? no compressor? HHOS...
That’s frustrating. I’m not sure what they’ll remove on the refreshed R1s, but they should definitely be adding some of the features they debuted on the R2.

Someone even speculated that there might be multiple variants of each model containing a combination of old and new features. Sort of a best of both worlds scenario. Rivian definitely needs to do something before 2026 to drive demand.

Nsblifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hybrid Touareg
So you have missed out by not taking an expedited delivery vehicle offered to you?
Useless dickhead comment. So many vindictive folks on this forum.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jfoonly

jfoonly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Clubs

To be clear, I'm not complaining that I missed out on anything. When I deposited in February, I expected to wait until May or later. I'm just confused that I was not matched to multiple vehicles that had my previously locked config (especially with comments on some of the other threads). I don't expect an answer here, and both the guide and salesperson expressed ignorance, but thanks for reading.

Nsblifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hybrid Touareg
Exact same thing just happened to me. Confirmed configuration on a shop R1 Friday evening. Figured I’d hear something almost immediately which did not happen, so I emailed to inquire. Got a response this morning from CS saying I haven’t been matched with a VIN. Super odd they advertise shop vehicles as if they exist? Slightly confusing.

…or maybe they’ll exact revenge on me for dragging my feet for a year and make me wait now.

OP
OP
jfoonly

jfoonly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Clubs

After multiple long delays and silent periods from salespeople, I now have another locked config, this time with a VIN RN041xxx -- seems a little low for just showing up in the shop this week(?). 8 steps opened; we'll see if it sticks, so I won't jinx it by posting much more about it until I take delivery.

Edit: after posting, I went outside to find my first bloom of the season. Hopefully a good sign!

Rivian R1T R1S Deposit down, confirmed config then deleted, shop VIN locked 2024-04-12-14-04-37-809
Sponsored

Last edited: