John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 RAV4 EV, 2012 Volt
Occupation
Solutions Architect / Developer
Clubs

Came across a pretty stubborn driver yesterday morning and Rivian DriveCam caught it all. Pretty much a game of chicken. Luckily, towards the end, I got the help of some neighbors to budge this person along.

Sponsored

OP
OP
johnnylawson

johnnylawson

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 RAV4 EV, 2012 Volt
Occupation
Clubs

Random, and mildly entertaining. Good patience.
I had the thought of putting it in highest suspension mode and driving right up to her bumper - I won't lie.

Sponsored

OP
OP
johnnylawson

johnnylawson

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 RAV4 EV, 2012 Volt
Occupation
Clubs

You have the patience of a saint. I would've driven right up in her face and laid on the horn. Good choice of audio clip, btw. 😆
She even had the audacity to give me the double birdies on the way by. Ok so the middle fingers for being in my OWN lane? lol

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Is this some new tik-tok challenge?

I likely would have gotten out of the vehicle to go check on them after a 15-30 seconds of the standoff.

The only explanation I have is they're from country who drives on the left side, and they were momentarily confused.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
People are brain-dead nowadays! I see them stop in the middle of our street to do "something?" on their phone, totally uncaring they are completely blocking the road from both directions. Back in the day, if you had to do something other than drive, you um.... pulled over to the right as far as you could to keep the road clear and avoid being an obstacle. Now idiots just literally full stop right in the middle of the road with absolutely no consideration for anyone else.

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

Narcissists are everywhere.

Sponsored

SDH

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE; Jeep Rubicon
What on earth was she thinking? It was clear cut - she's on the wrong side. I would have driven right up to her bumper so that the only thing she could do was reverse, then just keep pushing her back in reverse.

a76marine

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Jeep J10 (Pickup Truck) & 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Data Analytics and Intelligence
Clubs

Hold on now... do you know what she was doing?

I used to drive for Uber and the app would often have me arriving on the wrong side of the street. Instead of making the rider cross traffic, I would sometimes pull up to the left curb to get the rider.

Of course, when I did this I had my hazards on, and it was a last resort if I couldn't go up a little further and hook a U-turn, but still.

She may have had a valid reason (in her mind) so why didn't you just go around?

CrazyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura TL MT SH-AWD, CBR 600RR ABS, R1T
What on earth was she thinking? It was clear cut - she's on the wrong side. I would have driven right up to her bumper so that the only thing she could do was reverse, then just keep pushing her back in reverse.
The person clearly was not thinking right, in a weapon that weighs a few thousand pounds. Could also be carrying a gun. Escalating is not a good idea. OP was patient and did not escalate. There are lots of loonies out there, stay safe.

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

The person was probably just lost checking the phone. I have sat more times than I can count sitting behind a vehicle as the signal changed to green but no motion. At times have missed the signal cycle completely.

With modern soundproofing in cars and loud music, drivers can be completely shielded from what's going on outside of their vehicles.