CO-rayman

CO-rayman

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40 Recharge, ...
I have been concerned this would be an issue ive always had amber fogs and in sittuations like that would be running park lights and fogs. I have the yellow Twraps as well but now im thinking I will be carrying some masking tape as well incase I need to block off the light bars and the top of the headlight "seems easier than pulling fuses"

Thanks for the suggestion! It would be an easy way/quick way to provide a temporary solution for those of us that don't necessarily encounter thick fog all the time.
Sponsored

usulio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Thanks for the suggestion! It would be an easy way/quick way to provide a temporary solution for those of us that don't necessarily encounter thick fog all the time.
Masking tape sounds ok for fog, but what could be used in snow (that would stick)?

OP
OP
CO-rayman

CO-rayman

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40 Recharge, ...

KootenayEV

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Environmental Engineer
Unfortunately I can't... since we don't manufacture the PPF ourselves (for now), we are limited to what color options are available, and since Rivian developed their own proprietary colors, nothing on the market would match that. I might do a blackout though, if more people request it.
I've ordered the yellow to try out and will try the masking tape suggestion elsewhere in the thread on the lightbar. I thought about ordering your dark smoke tint PPF but didn't want to buy the set including the headlights...

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Model S, Model 3
Clubs

I've ordered the yellow to try out and will try the masking tape suggestion elsewhere in the thread on the lightbar. I thought about ordering your dark smoke tint PPF but didn't want to buy the set including the headlights...
The yellow fogs should do well... I recently got to do some smokey photography to demonstrate them, but yet to upload it on my store... here are some photos (driver side - yellow, passenger side - natural).
Rivian R1T R1S Driving in Blizzard with Fog Lights IMG_0189

Rivian R1T R1S Driving in Blizzard with Fog Lights IMG_0198

Sponsored

KootenayEV

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Environmental Engineer
The yellow fogs should do well... I recently got to do some smokey photography to demonstrate them, but yet to upload it on my store... here are some photos (driver side - yellow, passenger side - natural).
IMG_0189.jpeg

IMG_0198.jpeg
I do expect the yellow to help - but further up thread there was discussion around how to minimize light above the fog lights. One person went so far as to pull the fuse on the headlights. Would be nice if Rivian had a dedicated fog light only mode.

usulio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I wonder if the super-bright LED headlights would cause more of a problem in snow+fog than the light bar.

I am picturing basically strapping a tarp over the light bar, possibly extending over the top half of the headlights, securing it inside the frunk and to the grill or tow hooks.
Sponsored