First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf 2011
Occupation
Editor
We also started with an early 2012 Leaf, then added a Tesla X in 2016 to have a cross-country vehicle, and became all-electric at that point.
I really liked the Leaf and it became my daily driver.
The Leaf is a great car! Besides it looking really strange and the range not being good it's very fun and peppy to drive.

My previous car was a Civic hybrid and that thing was a dog performance wise. I called it Bessie when going up hills 🤣

The Leaf working fine after all these years (on second battery) is why I haven't bought a new car yet. That and I really can't stand car payments.

My first car ever was a blue boxy 4WD Jeep Cherokee and the R1S is the perfect throwback to that car which I LOVED.
Sponsored

Ducky

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
Venice parking/visits - Have visited the Venice Hub 6 times on different days of the week and at different times. I have always been able to find a street parking spot, at most within a block. Most of the times I have parked within 50 feet of the Hub entrance without difficulty. Always have had a friendly reception and informative conversations with the employees. The facility typically has three vehicles on site plus several they are using for prescheduled test drives. They also have sizable color samples and various exterior/interior combinations on the actual vehicles. You can spend as much time as you like sitting in and playing with the trucks.

The building itself was once the home of famous author Ray Bradbury (Fahrenheit 451, The Martian Chronicles, Red Planet, Something Wicked This Way Comes, The Illustrated Man, etc.) and is beautifully restored and decorated.

Also there are numerous lunch/coffee/bar locations (try Abbot Kinney Blvd) in Venice proper and it's an absolutely great area to people watch.