Sponsored

NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT
Makes sense. Thought this thread was for max pack dual motor and just realized it's for the large pack dual motor.
Sponsored

Here2there

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future R1T
April 2022 pre order holder. I also got the confirm email last week for the duo motor large pack R1T. I wanted the powered tonneau and willing to wait for the redesign. At the moment, the manual tonneau is in my config but I understand that it won't be changeable after delivery. Anyone else in the same situation?

OP
OP

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
April 2022 pre order holder. I also got the confirm email last week for the duo motor large pack R1T. I wanted the powered tonneau and willing to wait for the redesign. At the moment, the manual tonneau is in my config but I understand that it won't be changeable after delivery. Anyone else in the same situation?
Highly unlikely we’ll see a powered tonneau redesign any time soon. I would suggest seeing if the manual one is good enough when it’s made public.

R1Tacoma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T Launch Edition
Personally, I'm okay with getting the manual cover since the powered is just another motor that can break at some point. That said, if they announce a fix for the powered soon, I'd give it another thought!

gordonrands

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Prius Plug-in hybrid, 1997 Dodge Dakota
Occupation
university professor
Clubs

Still waiting for dual motor / max pack info to appear in my account so I can make decisions...
Me too and I'm a 4/19 reservation holder. Hmmmm.

On another note, I recently learned from the Cybertruck forum that, based on my reservation code, I'm supposedly #585 in line for a Cybertruck. I have a hunch it will be a lot easier to sell an early CT at a profit than a later R1T, so I may just wait to complete a purchase on a dual max R1T until I've seen if the CT would meet my needs (and how much the price really ends up being). Besides, I still don't know if a 2023 R1T will qualify for the tax credit, while the CT probably will.

Sponsored

ch33rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 turbo S/Fisker Ocean reservation/Altima
Occupation
Finance
When y’all say dual motor large pack are being confirmed, what is the estimated date they are giving you? I’m considering changing my max dual to the dual large if there is noticeable gain in range with the dual motor setup.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Me too and I'm a 4/19 reservation holder. Hmmmm.

On another note, I recently learned from the Cybertruck forum that, based on my reservation code, I'm supposedly #585 in line for a Cybertruck. I have a hunch it will be a lot easier to sell an early CT at a profit than a later R1T, so I may just wait to complete a purchase on a dual max R1T until I've seen if the CT would meet my needs (and how much the price really ends up being). Besides, I still don't know if a 2023 R1T will qualify for the tax credit, while the CT probably will.
Based on Tesla history they always start the rollout of new models with the high end configurations. I would be very surprised if you see a CT under 80k in the first 12-18 months (if ever).

gordonrands

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Prius Plug-in hybrid, 1997 Dodge Dakota
Occupation
university professor
Clubs

Based on Tesla history they always start the rollout of new models with the high end configurations. I would be very surprised if you see a CT under 80k in the first 12-18 months (if ever).

I do have the high end CT configuration on order so I should be in line for one of the early ones. But your point about the price is well taken. Initially it was supposed to be under $80K but who knows what it will be when it is finally being produced. But if I'm going to flip it the tax credit isn't that relevant anyway.
Sponsored