Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

We look forward to spending more time with the Tesla Cybertruck as we figure out its actual purpose in the current automotive landscape.
Quite a conundrum indeed.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I call BS on this. It goes against every other observation out there
Edmunds says they aim to average 40 mph on their test. I don't find their testing to be useful because I don't really care about what the vehicle can do with that as an average. Needs to be 70/75/80 mph for me to find it useful.

OP
OP

Stickboy46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T FG/FE 20" AT Dark
Edmunds says they aim to average 40 mph on their test. I don't find their testing to be useful because I don't really care about what the vehicle can do with that as an average. Needs to be 70/75/80 mph for me to find it useful.
Their testing isn't as useful for real world range but it is useful as a comparison tool since they do the same for each. Big take away from this is that the dual motor cybertruck gets 15% less range than the dual motor R1T

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Their testing isn't as useful for real world range but it is useful as a comparison tool since they do the same for each. Big take away from this is that the dual motor cybertruck gets 15% less range than the dual motor R1T
I guess that could be useful to some people. I really only care about the bigger range number for taking highway trips. City efficiency in testing could cause that to deviate positively or negatively depending on the conditions, which is why I don't take a lot of stock in their testing.

Rivian Head

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Physician
Good to know Rivian is the most efficient albeit by tiny margin. The results will likely change with software updates, tire changes as well as rumored CT’s drive train upgrades. As long as it gets 300+ miles, all will be good enough unless you are towing.

DuoRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T and an R1S
Occupation
IT
I guess that could be useful to some people. I really only care about the bigger range number for taking highway trips. City efficiency in testing could cause that to deviate positively or negatively depending on the conditions, which is why I don't take a lot of stock in their testing.
This 40mpg average test is useful since Lot of suburban driving is around this speed. Fair to have several range test results.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
what about the hollow tip test?
Sponsored