Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I've got to imagine a lot of those reservation holders will end up with a Rivian or F150 Lightning if they are serious about a truck.
I get the feeling that a lot of the existing Tesla owners who signed up for this aren’t serious about a truck if it isn’t a Tesla truck. Especially if the CyberTruck‘s looks are actually a selling feature to them.
Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

"We will make as many as we can sell" isn't exactly a ringing endorsement for anticipated sales volume.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

MaskedRacerX

First Name
DT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Tesla M3P / '21 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Occupation
Software Dev / Architect / Product Designer
My rando guess about the models and pricing:

$70-75K for a 2-motor, 275-300 mile range
$80-85K for a 2-motor, "LR" at like 350-390 miles
$100-105K for the 4-motor, "SLR", at 440-ish

If the quad motor is really 500 miles, the required efficiency and subsequent pack size would put it closer (if not over) to $120K with the huge wheels standard

And I think they'll start with the more expensive models.

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
It will be difficult to launch for much lower than $90k for whatever the base vehicle is, based on current market dynamics and despite their considerable advantage in supply chain (batteries, in-house propulsion, etc).

I would rather lay naked, covered in honey, in a room full of fire ants than own one, but they have a loyal customer base and the distinct charging network advantage. People will snatch them up like crazy. Also think of how much people spend on high-end ICE trucks … $100k is not abnormal anymore.

Sponsored

OP
OP

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
My rando guess about the models and pricing:

$70-75K for a 2-motor, 275-300 mile range
$80-85K for a 2-motor, "LR" at like 350-390 miles
$100-105K for the 4-motor, "SLR", at 440-ish

If the quad motor is really 500 miles, the required efficiency and subsequent pack size would put it closer (if not over) to $120K with the huge wheels standard

And I think they'll start with the more expensive models.
Troy thinks max 350 mile range for the foreseeable future, as 4680 cells are less efficient than 2170 cells

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I was there for the event and his answers around the cybertruck were interesting to say the least. Sounds like he is a bit less confident and it is strange that they are being so quiet on pricing.

I think that tells you it will likely be $90k+ for the first trims. They aren't expecting to produce or sell much until the economy gets better next year.

At that point, Rivian will offer a 60-65k trim level. Should be interesting.
I do t see Rivian offering a $65k model given that the cheapest, with going down to the standard battery and dual motor is still in the low $70’s. I can’t see how they remove over $5000 of stuff (maybe more to make it profitable). Yes the glass roof could go, and the other items in the defunct Explore spec but that still doesn’t get you there. They have said the R1 will stay as the flagship model so won’t be decontented and the R2 will go up to the high 60’s.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
And then there is this…. Between the yoyo price changes recently, Elon’s backpedaling on CT price and production, and now he is micromanaging all hiring, it seem like things are not all peaches and Cybertrucks at Tesla.

“No one can join Tesla, even as a contractor, until you receive my email approval", Musk said in the email on Monday.”

Last edited:

Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
And then there is this…. Between the yoyo price changes recently, Elon’s backpedaling on CT price and production, and now he is micromanaging all hiring, it seem like things are not a peaches and Cybertrucks at Tesla.

“No one can join Tesla, even as a contractor, until you receive my email approval", Musk said in the email on Monday.”
Seems totally reasonable. I mean, he's not the CEO of Twitter anymore, even if he does spend most of his day on there responding positively to all kinds of random conspiracy theories. Gotta have some extra free time now?

Belem

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Adventure, 1986 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16
I feel like I'm going insane every time I see one of these CyberTruck threads. It reminds me of debating if Superman could beat up Batman and if WWF (I know what wrote) is real.

Debating specs and numbers on a vehicle that feels primarily fictitious is fun.

My guess (since I want to play along): the price will start at $100,000 and, due to that, they will sell less than 25,000 and Elon will make a big deal about how they're "special" and will cancel it after creating the CT420 "BongRipper" edition with Pepe frog designs on the seats.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I feel like I'm going insane every time I see one of these CyberTruck threads. It reminds me of debating if Superman could beat up Batman and if WWF (I know what wrote) is real.

Debating specs and numbers on a vehicle that feels primarily fictitious is fun.

My guess (since I want to play along): the price will start at $100,000 and, due to that, they will sell less than 25,000 and Elon will make a big deal about how they're "special" and will cancel it after creating the CT420 "BongRipper" edition with Pepe frog designs on the seats.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Elon should just buy the first one himself for five billion dollars so they can charge what they announced for the rest of the owners.

Florida Panhandler

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Happy camper
Clubs

I guarantee first delivery trim optioned CT units will be no less than $150,000. There are enough fanboys to allocate a complete year’s worth of production at this rate but after that the trim levels will have to be paired back. I wouldn’t be too surprised if Rivian‘s offerings were more price-conscious than Tesla’s after the first year and production lines from both companies are optimized.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.