Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I thought it would be fun to report on fellow sightings and if you waved to each other..

I've now seen two Rivians close enough to be able to wave and flash my lights. :)

If you were driving a limestone (I think) near Dorset, VT Yesterday morning that was me in the Forrest Green on my way to Bromley.
Sponsored

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Land Cruisers, BMW 535&335, MB 300TD, Cayenne
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

I see another Rivian almost every day in Maine at this point!

Although I’ve been out at our house in Santa Fe for the holidays and keep seeing them here and do a big flash and wave… then remember I’m in my Land Cruiser and they must think I’m just a crazed rivian fan!

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things

Although I’ve been out at our house in Santa Fe for the holidays and keep seeing them here and do a big flash and wave… then remember I’m in my Land Cruiser and they must think I’m just a crazed rivian fan!
Or they think there's a cop up ahead and they slow down. Flashing your lights at oncoming traffic is a signal that there is a cop up ahead.

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
06 Chevy diesel, 1947 Dodge truck, MG midget
Occupation
Historic house steward
Or they think there's a cop up ahead and they slow down. Flashing your lights at oncoming traffic is a signal that there is a cop up ahead.
Use caution, I’ve been pulled over for “helping a friend…”

Sponsored

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
06 Chevy diesel, 1947 Dodge truck, MG midget
Occupation
Historic house steward

I see about three a week, assuming I don’t drive past the house of another owner

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
Use caution, I’ve been pulled over for “helping a friend…”
On what grounds? I don't really think flashing my brights during the day is probable cause for pulling someone over.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

On what grounds? I don't really think flashing my brights during the day is probable cause for pulling someone over.
Aiding and abetting, or aggressive driving. WA State considers it the latter, that's why I use the turn signal to wink at them.

Rivian R1T R1S Fellow sighting and the wave 81b5ae22-b2d5-442e-91d4-4fa303f98626_text

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
Aiding and abetting, or aggressive driving. WA State considers it the latter, that's why I use the turn signal to wink at them.

81b5ae22-b2d5-442e-91d4-4fa303f98626_text.gif
"I thought I saw a dangerous situation officer so I was warning a fellow driver". Then fight the ticket in court. That would be tossed out for sure. Semis use their brights to signal it's safe to merge in front of them and it is accepted as a danger sign. That is insane to me that your cops pull that shit.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

"I thought I saw a dangerous situation officer so I was warning a fellow driver". Then fight the ticket in court. That would be tossed out for sure. Semis use their brights to signal it's safe to merge in front of them and it is accepted as a danger sign. That is insane to me that your cops pull that shit.
I've gotten pulled over for stupider things here and fought in court, won both times. Hopefully never need to test that Rivian top speed!

To answer op's question, a finger-point and a turn signal wink are acceptable Rivian hellos.

Rivian R1T R1S Fellow sighting and the wave IMG_20230313_181532

Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I tried to start this thread in the California section I’m the only one who posts tho!

I saw a black one last minute and didn’t wave on Ave 36/Fletcher and an el cap on Franklin who did wave back, all on one short drive just now. I see so many!

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

81b5ae22-b2d5-442e-91d4-4fa303f98626_text.gif
I love the Wink! I just got winked at by another Rivian the other day and now this is my go-to, along with a small wave.
Sponsored