Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

I waited 1567 days for this day! For those of you still waiting, I feel your pain... all I can say is that it's definitely worth the wait!

I finally picked her up earlier today on a cloudy, wet, gloomy day. It literally rained all day, but I managed to take a short drive through the hills of Palos Verdes. Super stoked to finally have a vehicle large enough for my family, and really looking forward to going on some road trips soon!

The vehicle certainly has some issues, and I'm sure I'll find some more over the next several days. My front passenger mud flap is missing, the bumper trim piece had scratches due to train transportation (apparently common according to the person I spoke with), and there's some misalignment of the trim piece along the length of the roof where it meets the top of the trunk on the driver's side.

Regardless, I'm really happy with everything so far. The one weirdness I had was that the GPS voice sounded muffled during navigation. Apparently, it's an issue that I think can be resolved in the software in due time. However, in order to remedy the situation I had to power down the vehicle and start it back up; rebooting the infotainment system wasn't enough.

Anyways, it's headed off to get tinted tomorrow morning. I haven't decided whether to get PPF too, but I may hold off on that decision until I get all the external flaws fixed by my Rivian Service Center next month.

Rivian R1T R1S Finally... welcomed my Rivian Blue R1S beast after 1567 days! IMG_4650

Update:

Got my ride tinted today... went with XPEL Prime XR Plus 70% on all the factory tinted windows and the front widshield, and 35% for the front sides.

Rivian R1T R1S Finally... welcomed my Rivian Blue R1S beast after 1567 days! img_4657-
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I waited 1567 days for this day! For those of you still waiting, I feel your pain... all I can say is that it's definitely worth the wait!

I finally picked her up earlier today on a cloudy, wet, gloomy day. It literally rained all day, but I managed to take a short drive through the hills of Palos Verdes. Super stoked to finally have a vehicle large enough for my family, and really looking forward to going on some road trips soon!

The vehicle certainly has some issues, and I'm sure I'll find some more over the next several days. My front passenger mud flap is missing, the bumper trim piece had scratches due to train transportation (apparently common according to the person I spoke with), and there's some misalignment of the trim piece along the length of the roof where it meets the top of the trunk on the driver's side.

Regardless, I'm really happy with everything so far. The one weirdness I had was that the GPS voice sounded muffled during navigation. Apparently, it's an issue that I think can be resolved in the software in due time. However, in order to remedy the situation I had to power down the vehicle and start it back up; rebooting the infotainment system wasn't enough.

Anyways, it's headed off to get tinted tomorrow morning. I haven't decided whether to get PPF too, but I may hold off on that decision until I get all the external flaws fixed by my Rivian Service Center next month.

IMG_4650.jpg
Beautiful....don't forget the center caps.

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Beautiful truck; congratulations.

Brian

OP
OP
Chewy734

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

Beautiful....don't forget the center caps.
Thanks! I was told I need to buy those from the gear shop for like $100 for the set.

I was curious how difficult they are to take off to reinstall the aero covers when I want? Seems like it’s not easy to swap them in and out.

Madsen203

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Manager
Blue looks much better on the SUV than it does on the pick up truck IMHO.

I can’t believe they missed the mud flap. It *must* have been removed during transport as I can’t imagine they would let that go without it. The QC folks at Normal should be written up when basic things like that and the Rivian logo are missed. Unacceptable.

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Blue looks much better on the SUV than it does on the pick up truck IMHO.

I can’t believe they missed the mud flap. It *must* have been removed during transport as I can’t imagine they would let that go without it. The QC folks at Normal should be written up when basic things like that and the Rivian logo are missed. Unacceptable.
Easy fix

Madsen203

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Manager
Easy or not it is a huge WOT for buyer and service center—filling up with unneeded appointment time and discrediting their quality standards. Easy fix to tighten those underbody shield plastic screws as well but is dumb that it need to be required and causes additional unneeded repairs when puddles rip them off. Easy fix would be training their QC guys to build and use a checklist.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Easy or not it is a huge WOT for buyer and service center—filling up with unneeded appointment time and discrediting their quality standards. Easy fix to tighten those underbody shield plastic screws as well but is dumb that it need to be required and causes additional unneeded repairs when puddles rip them off. Easy fix would be training their QC guys to build and use a checklist.
U rather them hold it for a few days until they get that part in....???

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

End of quarter push...

Madsen203

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Manager
U rather them hold it for a few days until they get that part in....???
Yes. Unless communicated ahead of time (like Tesla did with USB ports missing) as being a constrained part but would add it later, the vehicle should be 100% ready by time of delivery.
Anything less should be held back. Maybe this would encourage their leadership to perform a deep dive into their manufacturing plant as to why these misses happen and why their Q1 delivery stats suffered because of it.

I still don’t understand why they aren’t pushing for higher production and quality at Normal. They are eager to talk about a Georgia but aren’t even at 50% capacity for Normal. That’s a huge cash burn that they cannot afford.

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Yes. Unless communicated ahead of time (like Tesla did with USB ports missing) as being a constrained part but would add it later, the vehicle should be 100% ready by time of delivery.
Anything less should be held back. Maybe this would encourage their leadership to perform a deep dive into their manufacturing plant as to why these misses happen and why their Q1 delivery stats suffered because of it.

I still don’t understand why they aren’t pushing for higher production and quality at Normal. They are eager to talk about a Georgia but aren’t even at 50% capacity for Normal. That’s a huge cash burn that they cannot afford.
That's how we roll. 😉

carmigo

Site Sponsor
First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their Rivian in the easiest way possible.

IMG_4650.jpg
Sounds like it was mostly worth the wait. She's gorgeous! Congrats!

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Congrats - definitely hold off on PPF until you have lived with it a little bit and you see if there are any external panel adjustments or other issues you see after the initial wow period wears off. Enjoy it!

OP
OP
Chewy734

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

Got my ride tinted today... went with XPEL Prime XR Plus 70% on all the factory tinted windows and the front widshield, and 35% for the front sides.

Rivian R1T R1S Finally... welcomed my Rivian Blue R1S beast after 1567 days! IMG_4657

I'm happy with the result, but unfortunately, this morning I also noticed that a piece of the rear passenger side windows trim is coming off. :(

Rivian R1T R1S Finally... welcomed my Rivian Blue R1S beast after 1567 days! IMG_4659

tnawara

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance 2022
The blue looks amazing! Sorry to hear about your issues.
Sponsored