First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
I bought a 2019 Model X full self driving package. Elon and Tesla assured me that it was going to go live in 9 months to a year. 4 years later..... nothing ( Sold the car, hated to be lied to and would not be sucked into the lies again )
E L O N is an outright lier. He will do what he has to to get the cash grab, rest assured you're experience ( if you ever get to ) will be limited. I promise you.
1 why would he open it to CCS?
2 I wouldn't, after spending what he has, I don't blame him
He’s known in some parts, as the Great Charlatan!

@uthatch
Sponsored

Sponsored

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

I bought a 2019 Model X full self driving package. Elon and Tesla assured me that it was going to go live in 9 months to a year. 4 years later..... nothing ( Sold the car, hated to be lied to and would not be sucked into the lies again )
E L O N is an outright lier. He will do what he has to to get the cash grab, rest assured your experience ( if you ever get to ) will be limited. I promise you.
1 why would he open it to CCS?
2 I wouldn't, after spending what he has, I don't blame him
He'll open supercharging for exactly the reason you said. Money. Lots of federal money.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
He'll open supercharging for exactly the reason you said. Money. Lots of federal money.
And just enough to qualify for the money. I read somewhere a max of 7000 stations over the next FIVE YEARS, across the entire US. So, they will be few and far between, and likely occupied when you really need one. It's not like all Tesla stations will have the magic dock.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Has an R1 vehicle actually charged at a supercharger or is this thread title deceitful?
I think the latter as Tesla has not "turned on" the capability yet - they only are installing the required hardware at this time.

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Model Y, Bronco - sold for R1T
And just enough to qualify for the money. I read somewhere a max of 7000 stations over the next FIVE YEARS, across the entire US. So, they will be few and far between, and likely occupied when you really need one. It's not like all Tesla stations will have the magic dock.
Yeah, I'm looking at this as a welcome supplement to other stations. Sort of a rising tide raises all ships approach. I'd gladly wait at a Tesla station for awhile rather than try to push my R1T anywhere. Maybe it'll pressure some of these other providers to level up too.

Sponsored

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Hopeful we’ll hear more about this at Tesla’s Investor Day tomorrow.

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

Too many providers just installed overpriced chargers for government kickbacks with no intentions to provide a good or reliable charging experience. EA charger cost $200k and doesn’t work half the time, while Tesla Superchargers are $40k and rock solid. I see this as giant failure on our governments part for not making up time a requirement for the kickbacks. If these operators had to give the money back for stations not working we’d see a lot more of them operational. Thankfully this seems to be a new direction of focus for funding.

If the Supercharger network was as bad all along as the rest of the CCS network is today, Tesla wouldn’t be in business……it’s the only reason we are as far along as we are.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Yeah, I'm looking at this as a welcome supplement to other stations. Sort of a rising tide raises all ships approach. I'd gladly wait at a Tesla station for awhile rather than try to push my R1T anywhere. Maybe it'll pressure some of these other providers to level up too.
Oh, I agree completely! It's is some added capacity for our R1T adventures, but didn't want folks to think it would be like owning a Tesla and using the expansive Tesla network.

OP
OP

rhuber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S Plaid, 64 Mustang
They just went live in the Tesla app. (Also some not pictured in my screenshot in CA)

Rivian R1T R1S First Tesla Supercharger with "Magic Dock" CCS adapter successfully charged a R1T. This is fantastic! 25791733-66ED-4F1F-802A-8BC8339C93EE

zer0t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan 4S, 23 Model S Plaid, 20 Model Y P
Occupation
Retired
Yeah I just checked the app and see the NY chargers available.
Sponsored