First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Self Storage
Always have a Plan B. Placed an order for a LE R1S, November 2020. Still haven’t received any form of communication from Rivian. Chat’s with the guides online are as useless as a 3$ bill. So I placed a $250 deposit on a launch edition Fisker Ocean. Nov 2021. they are starting production in November at the Magna factory in Austria. Many other cars are assembled there. Smart move on Fisker’s part. This morning I got my invite to pay $5K to cement my launch edition Ocean one. So I’m now one of the first 5000. I’m going to pull the trigger on it. I know it’s not a Rivian and I’m bummed. But the constant lack of communication and delays cause me to believe I will get the Fisker before the R1S.
Rivian could learn a bit from Fisker. If only they would give me any form of communication so I knew where I stood, I’d be inclined to ride it out. Part of me thinks Rivian will deliver cars to post March 1 orders so they can charge full price and continue to delay those who they promised to honor old pricing. Why not, when the spread is $16K more. Sure you piss off people but what have they done to show me my order matters?

they need to have a customer service focused exec on board in my opinion, I hope I get something from them telling me a future delivery date. At least now, I have my Plan B morphing into my Plan A and Rivian is my new Plan B.
Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Production and build issues should not be an issue with Magna running production and they also own a 6% stake in Fisker.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I haven't heard anything about Fisker's plans for servicing the vehicle at all. That would concern me enough to not jump in the front of the line. I have a reservation for the One, but I'm not convinced I'll be taking it yet.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I would argue to build a vehicle is easy, to build a brand is hard.

My initial thoughts are no real answers on how they will handle the following:

Service
Updates
Vehicle Repair (from accidents etc)

Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I would argue to build a vehicle is easy, to build a brand is hard.

My initial thoughts are no real answers on how they will handle the following:

Service
Updates
Vehicle Repair (from accidents etc)
In Europe, it will be the Bridgestone Group, same as the tire company they partnered with for their tires. Here, it is rumored to be affiliated with Cox Automotive.

OP
OP

888tom888

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self Storage
Have owned my Tesla model 3 P for three years and the only thing I’ve done is replace the tires. BEVs have far fewer moving parts so my worries are much less for service. I’m going to get both and my wife and I will have two new BEVs to drive. She’s not in a hurry So she can wait for the LE R 1S to show up “one of these days,months,years.”

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
I've been tempted by the Fisker for my wife. She wants something to replace her Outback that is similar in size. There's not much out there in the EV world, but the Fisker may be close enough.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
I doubt owning an EV from any new company will have less of an "adventure" than Rivian but it may have less wait. No communication from Rivian is not necessarily a bad thing. I have a feeling if they had communication with you, they would get your hopes up about a timeline that would not materialize. I would rather to have no information than the wrong information. I doubt they are at a place they can guarantee anything except what is on Rivian Store. Fisker may be slightly more reliable since it is at least motor and suspension wise less complex. I hope you enjoy whatever you end up with. Keep us posted especially if you get the Fisker.

Sponsored

OP
OP

888tom888

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self Storage
I doubt owning an EV from any new company will have less of an "adventure" than Rivian but it may have less wait. No communication from Rivian is not necessarily a bad thing. I have a feeling if they had communication with you, they would get your hopes up about a timeline that would not materialize. I would rather to have no information than the wrong information. I doubt they are at a place they can guarantee anything except what is on Rivian Store. Fisker may be slightly more reliable since it is at least motor and suspension wise less complex. I hope you enjoy whatever you end up with. Keep us posted especially if you get the Fisker.
Well that’s we are all different. I desire communication. A lack of it upsets my plans. Also creates a feeling of lack of transparency. Just tell me and then I can decide to wait or move on. It can’t be that hard. They know how many parts they have to assemble vehicles. They even have an idea whether they will build suvs or trucks

Reactions: Max

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
lol asking reservation holders to plonk down a non-refundable $5000 deposit is setting off all kinds of alarm bells.
Rivian has 18 billion in reserve....Fisker only has close to 1 billion....I'm guessing they are looking for a small cash infusion. I would love one, but I already have a launch edition vehicle and can't stomach another....I'll wait for a bit...

Reactions: Max

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Always have a Plan B. Placed an order for a LE R1S, November 2020. Still haven’t received any form of communication from Rivian. Chat’s with the guides online are as useless as a 3$ bill. So I placed a $250 deposit on a launch edition Fisker Ocean. Nov 2021. they are starting production in November at the Magna factory in Austria. Many other cars are assembled there. Smart move on Fisker’s part. This morning I got my invite to pay $5K to cement my launch edition Ocean one. So I’m now one of the first 5000. I’m going to pull the trigger on it. I know it’s not a Rivian and I’m bummed. But the constant lack of communication and delays cause me to believe I will get the Fisker before the R1S.
Rivian could learn a bit from Fisker. If only they would give me any form of communication so I knew where I stood, I’d be inclined to ride it out. Part of me thinks Rivian will deliver cars to post March 1 orders so they can charge full price and continue to delay those who they promised to honor old pricing. Why not, when the spread is $16K more. Sure you piss off people but what have they done to show me my order matters?

they need to have a customer service focused exec on board in my opinion, I hope I get something from them telling me a future delivery date. At least now, I have my Plan B morphing into my Plan A and Rivian is my new Plan B.
The Fisker Ocean looks really nice and Magna will probably build you a great one. Good luck!

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

lol asking reservation holders to plonk down a non-refundable $5000 deposit is setting off all kinds of alarm bells.
Because its a red flag for any company to go back to the reservation holders and ask for more money.

@DaveA is right, I believe, the they need money to work on Pearl and other projects in addition to secure increased production and parts costs.

Fisker has already BK'd once and Chinese bought Karman Fisker. While Magna makes great quality vehicles, they don't run Fisker so we'll have to see as time goes on.

I own almost all EV company stocks and view them as sort of like venture capital investments. Already Lordstown and Electric Last Mile filed BKs. I expect others do the same as time goes on...
Sponsored