Sponsored

For those who got R1S (or R1T) at original approximately $78k would you buy one for new price of approximately $93k?

EVentually

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5, Rivian R1T
As much as I absolutely love my truck, if I'm being honest, I'd probably opt for the new Tacoma Trailhunter instead if the price difference was >= $15k. It's just an awesome truck on paper. Charging infrastructure still sucks for road trips and with electricity costs in the west coast + setting up charging at home, cost per mile slightly favors ICE.
Sponsored

Rs6er

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru, Chevrolet
The day after Rivian announced the price hikes, I put down a deposit for 2023 Range Rover Sport with plans to get the PHEV. Unfortunately, that option only came at the top trim levels so it priced out at around $108k (not full EV but gets 51 all electric, which takes care of 95% of my driving). I could not justify paying that much more than pre-price hike R1S so I cancelled it (although I would likely have the RRS now and I do not have my R1S). I still think the R1S is the best bang for the buck but at the higher pricing the competition is getting closer.
Met someone at my First Mile drive who has had a Range Rover on order for a long time. She’s frustrated about the wait but also that she can’t control the continual price hikes that she has no control of. No lock in price offered.