Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary

Lionel_Hutz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Can somebody post closer pics of paint quality/orange peel? I've only seen one FG in person, at a dealer trying to flip it for $[expletive]. The orange peel was really, really bad and very uneven. Hoping that was a bad example or a respray.

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
Can somebody post closer pics of paint quality/orange peel? I've only seen one FG in person, at a dealer trying to flip it for $[expletive]. The orange peel was really, really bad and very uneven. Hoping that was a bad example or a respray.
Orange peel?

Sponsored

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
Orange peel is the bumpy texture in paint (which looks like.... an orange peel if it is too rough).
Ah gotcha. Thankful to learn something new everyday.

I could care less about the orange peel as I'm doing a full paint correction once I get it.

The gloss level on the rugged R1S posted above most definitely had paint correction done to get that glossy finish...let's just hope they put the paint on thick enough for us to correct it aka sand some down...

sherold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S3, VW Atlas
Just took delivery of mine last night and I can say the orange peel is consistent and prevalent throughout the entire truck. Easily seen... out of the sunlight. Once it is in the sun, the metallic flake lights up and really transforms the look and the texture of the paint, which helps heavily mask the orange peel.

Last edited:

Lionel_Hutz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Just took delivery of mine last night and I can say the orange peel is consistent and prevalent throughout the entire truck. Easily seen... out of the sunlight. Once it is in the sun, the metallic flake lights up and really transforms the look and the texture of the paint, which helps heavily mask the orange peel.
Thank you. I've been able to see more and more R1Ts up close this week. They all had a more even finish than the one I saw on the flipper lot, but all still had loads of orange peel. Makes me think I should plan on a full-body wrap to even things out.

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
Thank you. I've been able to see more and more R1Ts up close this week. They all had a more even finish than the one I saw on the flipper lot, but all still had loads of orange peel. Makes me think I should plan on a full-body wrap to even things out.
Or a paint correction done at a highly reputable detailer in your area.

Sponsored

Lionel_Hutz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Or a paint correction done at a highly reputable detailer in your area.
There's a big difference between standard paint correction (compound and polish) and orange peel removal (wet sanding the entire car). Wet sanding removes a ton of clearcoat and is risky as hell, not to mention really difficult and time consuming. I personally wouldn't do it on a new car.

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
There's a big difference between standard paint correction (compound and polish) and orange peel removal (wet sanding the entire car). Wet sanding removes a ton of clearcoat and is risky as hell, not to mention really difficult and time consuming. I personally wouldn't do it on a new car.
Agreed. Definitely not a DIY job.

I get wet sanding paint correction done on all of my new cars followed by a professionally applied ceramic coat. Got IGL Kenzo on my brand new Telluride and the gloss level leaves people stunned.

The professional detailer did not take off a ton of clearcoat with this process. You can't entrust a rookie to do this job but to me it's a must on a new ride if you want the paint to shine and be glossy...

Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos IMG_20210214_170628

My first stop with my R1S will be the same shop, same process, same outcome!

PatrickLu86

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Subaru WRX STI, 2020 Tesla Model X
Occupation
Military
Hello! I currently live in Lacey, WA and have a Nov-DEC 22 delivery window. I wanted to ask anyone in the extended area if they would be willing to let me check out their Forrest Edge interior before fully deciding on FE. Im absolutely going with FG exterior due to it being my favorite color. There’s obviously a few FE’s out there now so maybe I’ll get lucky, especially in this particular forum. I already contacted Bellevue and they don’t have any on ground. Thanks!

Last edited:

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Absolutely loving the Forest Green. So glad I went with it over Launch Green now.
Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos IMG_7509.JPEG

Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos IMG_7563.JPEG

Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos IMG_7566.JPEG

Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos IMG_7560.JPEG

A nice deep green, with some amazing sparkle up close.

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
😍. That colorful metal flake is just lovely!
Sponsored