First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
I was just reviewing my work order for an upcoming service appointment and noticed a new item:

Concern:- Perform FSAM-1105
Correction/Remedy:- Remove upper forward clip tower on LH and RH upper C-Pillar trim panels

Does anyone know what this is related to? It doesn't appear to be related to any specific concern I have.
Sponsored

Aag12

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Na
Same question here! When I called service they said it's related to airbag for customer satisfaction. Something about getting a better safety rating. Maybe it's related to feedback from the nhtsa?

OP
OP
madgrey

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
That makes sense. Maybe the concern is that the clips eject during airbag deployment. We would not want a Takata like situation.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I just noticed this on my upcoming service appointment, but also this:
FSAM-844 : Replace the bed storage compartment seal

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
How is this not a recall?

Sponsored

OP
OP
madgrey

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
How is this not a recall?
Good question. NHTSA won't issue a recall unless it's safety related so maybe a determination has not been made or it's just not a safety issue? I might know more after I drop the car off in a couple weeks.

Quattro Powers

First Name
QP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
I had this added to my upcoming service too. I postponed the service as I didn’t have anything too concerning other than a pull to the right.

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
I had the same note on my service visit last month that was to replace the suspension compressor... didn't understand why there were messing with the C-Pillar trim panels. They must have a service bulletin to perform this on any vehicles in service for other reasons.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
This is on my work order as well. Seems odd they would cut off a clip and not replace it with something else (maybe adhesive?). I guess it makes the airbag break through the trim panel easier, but I would think that clip was needed to retain the panel effectively.

Sponsored

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
I had this service completed yesterday by mobile when they were here fixing a door panel rattle I had. The removal of the clip decreased the side curtain airbag deployment time, which increases the safety rating of the truck. Looking at the door panel when they had that off, I am not concerned at all that they removed one clip from the trim piece. That rear door panel had about 50 clips and screws in it....it was the most complex door panel I've ever seen. HAHA. So yeah I would not be concerned about this at all.

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
They just did mine and they stuck what looked like a bolt cutter in-between the trim and cut the clip. Better to be safe but wonder about rattles and or damage to the trim.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
They just did mine and they stuck what looked like a bolt cutter in-between the trim and cut the clip. Better to be safe but wonder about rattles and or damage to the trim.
They just did mine today too, mobile visit. Pulled the trim back and cut the towers off with diagonal cutters. I was worried about rattles too, but they seem tight (I did have to fully seat the driver side panel, as the tech didn't get it the whole way on.) I guess time will tell.

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
I wasn't watching closely. I was inside upstairs but I swear I heard a drill at one point. The main reason they were out is cuz the firmware is stuck and I can't update it and the side view mirror doesn't work, they couldn't fix either. :(

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Yeah everyone is getting that done when there is other service scheduled. I had it done on my last mobile tech visit.
Sponsored