Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Model S, Model 3
Clubs

Hey folks

I am happy to announce that as of today we're accepting pre-orders for Full Front PPF of the R1T/R1S and Full Truck PPF for R1T. I expect shipments to start by the end of the month or early Nov, but to be on the safe side, the official announcement is that they will start by mid-Nov.
All panels have been designed and tested by us, and I will provide a complete installation tutorial with videos on how to succeed at doing this yourself. It's not as hard as many think. After all, PPF installers get certified after a 2-3 days training course.

The pricing is as following:

You can use code GASGONE during checkout for 10% off of the posted prices!

I expect to start shipping these in a few weeks, but to be on the safe side, let's say by mid-Nov at the latest. I am finalizing the packaging and the pro install kit included in this before I can start shipping.

I know XPEL offers similar product but with installation, so instead of wasting your time with mumbo-jumbo let me just point out why our product is worth your consideration, compared to XPEL's:

FULL FRONT (R1T and R1S)
Rivian R1T R1S Full Front / Full Truck PPF for R1T & R1S by TWRAPS Presentation3

FULL TRUCK (R1T ONLY)

Rivian R1T R1S Full Front / Full Truck PPF for R1T & R1S by TWRAPS Presentation3

As usual I am open to questions and suggestions! :)

Thanks!

UPDATED WITH FAQ:

"What film is being used?"
- I primarily use GSWF. Just like XPEL it's TPU based, non-yellowing, self-healing film. Prior to that I've used XPEL, 3M and Avery and I've installed products made with SunTek and I can comfortably say that these films are all very much alike. It's mostly marketing and different adhesives which makes the installation a bit different for each. I think the good folks at TesBros even made a comparison video & test and came to a similar conclusion.

"Entire Rivian is ~$1950 and you can upgrade to XPEL, SunTek, and also matte options."
- That might be a viable option if you are more adventurous and experienced. What I do is tailored towards people with little to no experience. As such, we don't use the design patterns that everyone uses, which are often times impossible to install by a non-professional (and sometimes almost impossible to install by a professional too). Instead we develop every single product ourselves. That's the reason I am coming to market so much later than others - because we design everything ourselves, with ease of installation in mind. That's also the reason why there is a dedicated installation video for every single panel, which is made for our design. Take a generic one and as I said - risk of failure is high, if you are not very experienced with this.

"Why do you write "partially wraps around"? Wouldn’t the baseline be "fully wraps around"?"
- What I mean by that (and I will further enrich the presentation to add more details), is that some panels wrap around and some don't. For instance, on our cuts the doors wrap around. The truck bed side at places goes all the way to the edge without wrapping around it (as you'd need to start taking the truck apart to wrap it around in places) etc...it's different for each panel. In most places there is a small gap (1-2mm per side) to allow for easy installation, as the part where it wraps around is one of the most troublesome in terms of installation. Based on what forum members have reported, it's my understanding that the option offered by XPEL is similarly done although I can't compare panel-by-panel as I haven't seen the XPEL template.

" For the front end I think I’d pay $500 more for professional labor, not doing it myself, and a warranty on the labor."
- Of course, I am fully aware most people would go that route. I am just offering a product for the other bunch, until we start offering installations too in a few months. And don't forget that after paying that $500 more, your headlights, A pillar and header are still unprotected though. I do sell these separately though, it just adds to the overall cost.

"How long after application do you have to let the PPF cure, before driving it in the rain or washing the car?"
- I would give it at least 24hrs to be on the safe side and 48hrs for pressure washing and such.
Sponsored

Last edited:

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

What film is being used? If you’re giving a reputable brand, it’s a good price.

I normally do most of the easier panels on my vehicles, and source from Precut PPF store.

Entire Rivian is ~$1950 and you can upgrade to XPEL, SunTek, and also matte options. Wrapped edges is a $40 up charge, and you can also choose to get cutouts for emblems, or no cutouts, which requires emblems to be removed.

https://precutppf.store/product/202...e-cut-paint-protection-kit-full-wrap-vehicle/

Rivian_Hugh_III

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti EX35
Why do you write "partially wraps around"? Wouldn’t the baseline be "fully wraps around"?

That said, it’s not entirely clear what you reference with the above. Is it that the edges are wrapped or unwrapped? Or are you referring to something else?

Thanks for his offer. For the front end I think I’d pay $500 more for professional labor, not doing it myself, and a warranty on the labor. Might be worth the lower cost for the full PPF.

Good luck and thanks again!

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

Why do you write "partially wraps around"? Wouldn’t the baseline be "fully wraps around"?

That said, it’s not entirely clear what you reference with the above. Is it that the edges are wrapped or unwrapped? Or are you referring to something else?

Thanks for his offer. For the front end I think I’d pay $500 more for professional labor, not doing it myself, and a warranty on the labor. Might be worth the lower cost for the full PPF.

Good luck and thanks again!
Most of the TWraps kits I've seen are precut with no wrapping. I think the notion of "partial wrap" would be for she high impact areas like full hood or fenders.

The precut pieces are great for self-installation on the high-impact areas with high contact as well (gear tunnel, B-pillars, top portion of tailgate).

If you're doing full front, I'd definitely pay the few extra $$$ and get a professional edge-wrapped (and warrantied) install. And here I go again pushing SunTek Reaction :D

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Hey folks

I am happy to announce that as of today we're accepting pre-orders for Full Front PPF of the R1T/R1S and Full Truck PPF for R1T. I expect shipments to start by the end of the month or early Nov, but to be on the safe side, the official announcement is that they will start by mid-Nov.
All panels have been designed and tested by us, and I will provide a complete installation tutorial with videos on how to succeed at doing this yourself. It's not as hard as many think. After all, PPF installers get certified after a 2-3 days training course.

The pricing is as following:

I expect to start shipping these in a few weeks, but to be on the safe side, let's say by mid-Nov at the latest. I am finalizing the packaging and the pro install kit included in this before I can start shipping.

I know XPEL offers similar product but with installation, so instead of wasting your time with mumbo-jumbo let me just point out why our product is worth your consideration, compared to XPEL's:

FULL FRONT (R1T and R1S)
Presentation3.jpg

FULL TRUCK (R1T ONLY)

Presentation3.jpg

As usual I am open to questions and suggestions! :)

Thanks!
Great product and company! Always a good experience!

Perhaps you can answer a common question noobs have - How long after application do you have to let the PPF cure, before driving it in the rain or washing the car?

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Hi folks

Thanks for the questions and feedback. Let me try to summarize & answer all questions asked so far, in a single post:

"What film is being used?"
- I primarily use GSWF. Just like XPEL it's TPU based, non-yellowing, self-healing film. Prior to that I've used XPEL, 3M and Avery and I've installed products made with SunTek and I can comfortably say that these films are all very much alike. It's mostly marketing and different adhesives which makes the installation a bit different for each. I think the good folks at TesBros even made a comparison video & test and came to a similar conclusion.

"Entire Rivian is ~$1950 and you can upgrade to XPEL, SunTek, and also matte options."
- That might be a viable option if you are more adventurous and experienced. What I do is tailored towards people with little to no experience. As such, we don't use the design patterns that everyone uses, which are often times impossible to install by a non-professional (and sometimes almost impossible to install by a professional too). Instead we develop every single product ourselves. That's the reason I am coming to market so much later than others - because we design everything ourselves, with ease of installation in mind. That's also the reason why there is a dedicated installation video for every single panel, which is made for our design. Take a generic one and as I said - risk of failure is high, if you are not very experienced with this.

"Why do you write "partially wraps around"? Wouldn’t the baseline be "fully wraps around"?"
- What I mean by that (and I will further enrich the presentation to add more details), is that some panels wrap around and some don't. For instance, on our cuts the doors wrap around. The truck bed side at places goes all the way to the edge without wrapping around it (as you'd need to start taking the truck apart to wrap it around in places) etc...it's different for each panel. In most places there is a small gap (1-2mm per side) to allow for easy installation, as the part where it wraps around is one of the most troublesome in terms of installation. Based on what forum members have reported, it's my understanding that the option offered by XPEL is similarly done although I can't compare panel-by-panel as I haven't seen the XPEL template.

" For the front end I think I’d pay $500 more for professional labor, not doing it myself, and a warranty on the labor."
- Of course, I am fully aware most people would go that route. I am just offering a product for the other bunch, until we start offering installations too in a few months. And don't forget that after paying that $500 more, your headlights, A pillar and header are still unprotected though. I do sell these separately though, it just adds to the overall cost.

"How long after application do you have to let the PPF cure, before driving it in the rain or washing the car?"
- I would give it at least 24hrs to be on the safe side and 48hrs for pressure washing and such.

rosspa2

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ipace
@twraps I got some of the earlier Wraps and they were relatively easy to install and offer great protection for all sorts of trees that off roading offers, but they have some gaps particularly the rear side panels, any help with how we "upgrade" theses sections?

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

@twraps I got some of the earlier Wraps and they were relatively easy to install and offer great protection for all sorts of trees that off roading offers, but they have some gaps particularly the rear side panels, any help with how we "upgrade" theses sections?
Do you mean the truck bed side, or the tail gate?

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Nice work again, Iliya, and thank you. Just adding the mirrors, lower front bumper, and pillars to completed front end and light smoke PPF on headlamps/bar/fogs. Cheers.

Rivian R1T R1S Full Front / Full Truck PPF for R1T & R1S by TWRAPS 172DF69B-3C7E-4807-9F06-9EB567856361

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Sorry the truck bed side. The tail gate sections are all good, full coverage there.
Let me see how we can do it in a way that makes financial sense, because just buying the full truck bed sides is hardly justifiable. As a comparison, here is the partial truck bed side vs the full truck bed size. Full one is 136" long cut on a 60" roll, partial is 60" long cut on a 30" roll.

Rivian R1T R1S Full Front / Full Truck PPF for R1T & R1S by TWRAPS Full model

And the worst part is that there is a huge amount of empty space (waster material). That's why for the full truck PPF we use this space to put other panels there, and run a perforation with the plotter so you can easily separate them once you receive it. This way the material use is heavily optimized.
One thing I can offer that will be a lot cheaper than buying the full truck bed is to extrapolate a cut that will only cover what the partial kit doesn't, but have in mind that I can't test this right now so it will surely require some extra work to make it fit properly.Another way to optimize it if you don't want to run that risk (of improper fitment) is to just cut it like that (i.e. in 2 pieces and if you want something else added in the empty spaces I can do that too):
Rivian R1T R1S Full Front / Full Truck PPF for R1T & R1S by TWRAPS half model

If you have other ideas let me know...I want to help out, just don't want you to pay unproportionally to the value of what you get in terms of added coverage.

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Nice work again, Ilya, and thank you. Just adding the mirrors, lower front bumper, and pillars to completed front end and light smoke PPF on headlamps/bar/fogs. Cheers.

172DF69B-3C7E-4807-9F06-9EB567856361.jpeg
Thank you! I will upload the install videos for these by early next week! :)

rosspa2

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ipace
Let me see how we can do it in a way that makes financial sense, because just buying the full truck bed sides is hardly justifiable. As a comparison, here is the partial truck bed side vs the full truck bed size. Full one is 136" long cut on a 60" roll, partial is 60" long cut on a 30" roll.

Full model.jpg

And the worst part is that there is a huge amount of empty space (waster material). That's why for the full truck PPF we use this space to put other panels there, and run a perforation with the plotter so you can easily separate them once you receive it. This way the material use is heavily optimized.
One thing I can offer that will be a lot cheaper than buying the full truck bed is to extrapolate a cut that will only cover what the partial kit doesn't, but have in mind that I can't test this right now so it will surely require some extra work to make it fit properly.Another way to optimize it if you don't want to run that risk (of improper fitment) is to just cut it like that (i.e. in 2 pieces and if you want something else added in the empty spaces I can do that too):
half model.jpg

If you have other ideas let me know...I want to help out, just don't want you to pay unproportionally to the value of what you get in terms of added coverage.
Thanks for getting back to me and appreciate there are likely lots of ways of handling this without it being a waste of material and makes sense for people like me. My only concern is that I may not have got the pieces on in exactly the right position so attempting to align the bits in the first option might be difficult - it is also likely to show additional "lines". One option might be to take the Pillar only, without the top cover, effectively a rectangle - this is the section that seems to take the most abuse and is most visible and is where I started on both sides so is likely to align better. That might be an easy option. This is what I mean.

Rivian R1T R1S Full Front / Full Truck PPF for R1T & R1S by TWRAPS Twarps

Plan B is to just to remove what I have and take the second option, again without the roof section might be cleaner install.

OP
OP
twraps

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Thanks for getting back to me and appreciate there are likely lots of ways of handling this without it being a waste of material and makes sense for people like me. My only concern is that I may not have got the pieces on in exactly the right position so attempting to align the bits in the first option might be difficult - it is also likely to show additional "lines". One option might be to take the Pillar only, without the top cover, effectively a rectangle - this is the section that seems to take the most abuse and is most visible and is where I started on both sides so is likely to align better. That might be an easy option. This is what I mean.

Twarps.jpg

Plan B is to just to remove what I have and take the second option, again without the roof section might be cleaner install.
I can do either option, not a problem for me. Please DM me and let me know which one you prefer (or any other remarks) and I can get this going 👍

rosspa2

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ipace
I can do either option, not a problem for me. Please DM me and let me know which one you prefer (or any other remarks) and I can get this going 👍
Will do. Thanks.
Sponsored