• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
  • RIVIANFORUMS CLUBS!

Announcing our new "CLUBS" section where you can join or create a Rivian club or group! You can use this new feature to conveniently plan and discuss local events, gatherings or other club/group related topics.

So we encourage you to join (or start) special-interest and regional-based Rivian clubs at: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/group-categories/clubs-groups.1/

Sponsored

Full spare “group” purchase

OP
OP
HighVoltOverland

HighVoltOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GW/OC R1T | Tesla MY | Jeep Wrangler TJ
Occupation
Retired-ish
Clubs

Didn't know that was an option until after I started this thread and thinking it may be a way to save money as @Dark-Fx mentioned.
Also, potential to meet a fellow Rivian owner and share a beer or something is always an experience I'm up for
Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Didn't know that was an option until after I started this thread and thinking it may be a way to save money as @Dark-Fx mentioned.
Also, potential to meet a fellow Rivian owner and share a beer or something is always an experience I'm up for
It would only save money because you aren't getting the jack and the brace that holds the tire in the spare area. Personally, I'd rather get the spare with the proper equipment to make sure it's stowed securely than cheap out and have it rolling around back there.

rhumbliner

First Name
thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T & Model X
Occupation
Retired
Didn't know that was an option until after I started this thread …
Neither did I. I asked my guide about a month ago and he gave me the standard reply of needing every available wheel/tire set to put on their trucks. Assuming the price is reasonable I’d just as soon get the tire change kit as well.

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
You can most likely piece together a better kit for about the same money if you so desired.

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/sold-spare-tire-kit.8699/

The hardest part is really the jack. It is nice that it gets pretty low and can go high lift when needed. But if you're not off roading, you won't really need that range of height.

I picked up a bottle jack that's operated from the compressor, a metal jack puck, and I already had a lug wrench, but I also throw my impact into the well if I'm going on a road trip. The only real negative is it doesn't secure as nicely in the trunk.
I'm curious to know if you tested your bottle jack with the compressor to see if it lifted the RIVIAN high enough for the job and if so, any link to buy?

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neither did I. I asked my guide about a month ago and he gave me the standard reply of needing every available wheel/tire set to put on their trucks. Assuming the price is reasonable I’d just as soon get the tire change kit as well.
You definitely want the spare kit on the R1T - not for the bottle jack which is nothing special, but for the brackets that secure the tire. Unless your truck came with it already installed in the bed? Most I have seen are just empty back there.

Mine was empty and it was only added when my spare tire kit arrived and service center installed it.

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I'm curious to know if you tested your bottle jack with the compressor to see if it lifted the RIVIAN high enough for the job and if so, any link to buy?
I'm using the Vevor 20T bottle jack. The OEM jack lifts 19.5" (IIRC) so I was looking generally for 20" lift height. But @ironpig is correct, make sure you get a proper jack puck and setup so you can lift the truck. Bottle jacks can be unstable and therefore unsafe, so handle with care. I went with it because I didn't want to be cranking on a scissor jack on the side of the road.

At home, I never use my bottle jack and always use a floor jack.

@Mark_AZR1T sells some really nice ones with magnets that attach up to the jack point that works great for floor jacks but I do not think they are a direct fit to the bottle jack.

I'm using a custom one that fits the bottle jack and allows me to use the custom jack point. It's based on the safejacks.com adapters - and sorry I won't post the adapter for potential liability reasons.

You definitely want the spare kit on the R1T - not for the bottle jack which is nothing special, but for the brackets that secure the tire. Unless your truck came with it already installed in the bed? Most I have seen are just empty back there.

Mine was empty and it was only added when my spare tire kit arrived and service center installed it.
It doesn't come with the truck w/o the spare kit. I kept my bar and the twist nut to still be able to secure everything. That's the true piece you want to be able to secure it all if you don't want it banging around back there.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It doesn't come with the truck w/o the spare kit. I kept my bar and the twist nut to still be able to secure everything. That's the true piece you want to be able to secure it all if you don't want it banging around back there.
Yeah When I got my truck in June there was nothing included. At that time they were behind on delivering trucks with all their accessories so they shipped my spare and the bracket to the service center and installed it there while I waited.

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
I'm using the Vevor 20T bottle jack. The OEM jack lifts 19.5" (IIRC) so I was looking generally for 20" lift height. But @ironpig is correct, make sure you get a proper jack puck and setup so you can lift the truck. Bottle jacks can be unstable and therefore unsafe, so handle with care. I went with it because I didn't want to be cranking on a scissor jack on the side of the road.

At home, I never use my bottle jack and always use a floor jack.

@Mark_AZR1T sells some really nice ones with magnets that attach up to the jack point that works great for floor jacks but I do not think they are a direct fit to the bottle jack.

I'm using a custom one that fits the bottle jack and allows me to use the custom jack point. It's based on the safejacks.com adapters - and sorry I won't post the adapter for potential liability reasons.

I wasn't clear enough - was asking if the accessory compressor provides enough pressure to power the bottle jack you have to use instead of the scissor jack. I've never owned one, but I have 4 floor jacks, 8 jack stands, and a 7000 lbs QuickJack with frame extensions to work on my vehicles. And I do have a full set of RIVIAN jack pads.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
I wasn't clear enough - was asking if the accessory compressor provides enough pressure to power the bottle jack you have to use instead of the scissor jack. I've never owned one, but I have 4 floor jacks, 8 jack stands, and a 7000 lbs QuickJack with frame extensions to work on my vehicles. And I do have a full set of RIVIAN jack pads.
The compressor was enough to activate the jack to full length but this dope just realized he tested the jack w/ the compressor but didn't do it under load. Will report back after I do.

RobR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineer
It would only save money because you aren't getting the jack and the brace that holds the tire in the spare area. Personally, I'd rather get the spare with the proper equipment to make sure it's stowed securely than cheap out and have it rolling around back there.
Interested.

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
No issues getting the truck up, but it takes a long time (15-20min) to get it jacked up.

I also did something stupid for the sake of testing, I tried the bottle jack without an adapter. The bottle jack shaft will fit into the hole for the jack pad and make contact with the frame. In a pinch it could work, but I wouldn’t recommend it as there’s nothing to prevent slipping.

An issue amplified as the bottle jack begins to tilt as the vehicle goes up - which is common but that’s what the nub is for to ensure alignment.

OP
OP
HighVoltOverland

HighVoltOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired-ish
Clubs

yup. sc won’t sell spares.
Oh no kidding?
Do you mind sharing what they communicated to you?
Have some in thread that were adamant this thread was a poor idea
Just want to make sure everyone gets the opportunity to know what the current options are

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Currently there seems to be another "shortage" of 20" wheels (don't know about the other sizes) because as I now have access to the R1 Shop my option choice of "full size 20" spare" "cannot be carried over with this vehicle at this time" where the optional crossbars and all-weather mats will. I guess they need all the 20"s they can get their hands on for the end of year production push.

OP
OP
HighVoltOverland

HighVoltOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired-ish
Clubs

Currently there seems to be another "shortage" of 20" wheels (don't know about the other sizes) because as I now have access to the R1 Shop my option choice of "full size 20" spare" "cannot be carried over with this vehicle at this time" where the optional crossbars and all-weather mats will. I guess they need all the 20"s they can get their hands on for the end of year production push.
I switched from max pack to a R1 Shop purchase 3 weeks ago, and that's the boat I'm in that prompted this thread.

Exact configuration I wanted (minus battery, spare, and working tonneau)
Sponsored