First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S LR (2022), Land Rover Discovery 2
Occupation
Retired
"more soon" - I won't hold my breath - it took 5 years and a federal incentive to even open the few he has given us now despite promising "we'll open it up to other companies" since 2018...
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/tesla-elon-musk-open-supercharger-network/
and again in 21
https://electrek.co/2021/07/26/elon-musk-explains-tesla-open-supercharger-network/

No offense but he'll do the bare minimum to satisfy his agreement to take his chunk of the 2.5 Billion set aside by Biden and no more.
I doubt Ford and GM would stand for this. Tesla will make lots of money selling electricity (about $5 billion a year). Why would they cripple it?
Sponsored

RivLiam

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I doubt Ford and GM would stand for this. Tesla will make lots of money selling electricity (about $5 billion a year). Why would they cripple it?
Being "available" - ie the agreement Tesla has now with literally any CCS1 charging car and giving them free reign to charge whenever and wherever they want are two very different things. I can't imagine Musk not giving preferential treatment to his own cars. I'll be happy to be wrong.

Also I was referring to your 'more soon' comment assuming you meant wide open charging network for all EVs at supercharger not just GM/Ford. I'm sure Ford and GM aren't dumb enough to buy into the system and then only get limited access to the network.

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
Elon is already not concerned about the Chinese. China is Tesla's biggest market. Tesla Model Y is the #1 selling car in China right now.
Elon is definitely concerned about Chinese EV makers. Especially BYD. The Chinese market is huge and he wants to dominate. April numbers have Tesla down. BYD has announced they will be selling cars in the US as early as this Fall. BYD currently uses CCS. Will Elon let them use NACS? It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

For Pure EV brands Tesla is 3rd.
Rivian R1T R1S GM adopts Tesla's NACS standard! Munro begs Rivian to switch top selling EVs in China

Top selling models of all cars.
Rivian R1T R1S GM adopts Tesla's NACS standard! Munro begs Rivian to switch top selling models in China

Top selling Brand -- Tesla doesn't make the top ten
Rivian R1T R1S GM adopts Tesla's NACS standard! Munro begs Rivian to switch top selling brands in china

docwhiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S LR (2022), Land Rover Discovery 2
Occupation
Retired
https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-nacs-stellantis/

Stellantis issued a statement about the Tesla North American Charging Standard (NACS). The legacy automaker is considering Tesla NACS after Ford and General Motors (GM) announced they were adopting it.

“At this time, we continue to evaluate the NACS standard and look forward to discussing more in the future,” Stellantis said in a statement to Reuters, referring to Tesla’s charging design, the North American Charging Standard (NACS)” stated the company.

scottf200

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Past Ford Exped; curr TMX 100D; future BEV truck
Occupation
sw engineer
Nice monitor screen Tesla showed in a video:
Rivian R1T R1S GM adopts Tesla's NACS standard! Munro begs Rivian to switch qPZtFrv
Sponsored