Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

https://flip.it/LGbUmM

Mary Barra claims GM’s electric vehicles will qualify for the full tax credit in ‘2 to 3 years’

No word yet from Rivian regarding its battery sourcing. I’m hoping the Rivian binding purchase agreement ultimately flies with the IRS, allowing our 2023 deliveries to be treated, for EV tax credit qualification purposes, as if it occurred prior to the new law’s enactment.
Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Mary Barra claims GM’s electric vehicles will qualify for the full tax credit in ‘2 to 3 years’

No word yet from Rivian regarding its battery sourcing. I’m hoping the Rivian binding purchase agreement ultimately flies with the IRS, allowing our 2023 deliveries to be treated, for EV tax credit qualification purposes, as if it occurred prior to the new law’s enactment.
Stay positive

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda

I need mine to be good for 2024! 😞

GR

• Sad
Reactions: Jac
OP
OP
Jac

Jac

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I need mine to be good for 2024! 😞

GR
I just might be hoping my binding purchase agreement to still work in 2024 too. I’m not confident my new Oct-Dec 2023 estimate won’t slip further with coming quarterly updated delivery estimates from Rivian.

With yesterday’s update from Rivian, I’m hedging the risk by getting on the new Volvo EX90 waiting list when it opens shortly.

Hopefully, with a few quarts of oil always stowed on board and constant dipstick monitoring, I can keep my 2013 Volvo going until my new EV is delivered.

Last edited:

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
I just might be hoping my binding purchase agreement to still work in 2024 too. I’m not confident my new Oct-Dec 2023 estimate won’t slip further with coming quarterly updated delivery estimates from Rivian.

With yesterday’s update from Rivian, I’m hedging the risk by getting on the new Volvo EX90 waiting list when it opens shortly.
Should be fine. If it works the purchase year should not matter. (Technically you have already bought the vehicle).

Sponsored

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Should be fine. If it works the purchase year should not matter. (Technically you have already bought the vehicle).
Well. Not doubting you, but Rivian (along with all other manufacturers) was supposed to get the full credit for the first 20K (not sure of actual number) vehicles built. We all know what happened after IRA passed. May be by this time next year, there will be zero tax credit beginning in 2024 whatsoever with another new law.

GR

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Well. Not doubting you, but Rivian (along with all other manufacturers) was supposed to get the full credit for the first 20K (not sure of actual number) vehicles built. We all know what happened after IRA passed. May be by this time next year, there will be zero tax credit beginning in 2024 whatsoever with another new law.

GR
I believe the old limit was 200,000 vehicles per manufacturer. There is some chance max pack will be delivered before that limit is reached.

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda

Hopefully, with a few quarts of oil always stowed on board and constant dipstick monitoring, I can keep my 2013 Volvo going until my new EV is delivered.
Do you have original pricing on your order? Based on the new estimated delivery windows I have seen reported so far, Rivian is hoping you will jump ship and cancel your order. There is a good chance Rivian loses money on original pricing, so it's trying to limit the number of those being delivered. It's sad if true.

GR

OP
OP
Jac

Jac

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Do you have original pricing on your order? Based on the new estimated delivery windows I have seen reported so far, Rivian is hoping you will jump ship and cancel your order. There is a good chance Rivian loses money on original pricing, so it's trying to limit the number of those being delivered. It's sad if true.

GR
GR, yeah I have original pricing on my October 2021 preorder. I’m not planning to jump ship on the R1S, but if upcoming quarterly delivery estimates from Rivian slip further, at some point I’ll reluctantly have to go with plan b (probably a Volvo EX90.)

I really hope Rivian’s latest estimate ends up being accurate.
Sponsored