Sponsored

GOAT Fabrication Rock Sliders (R1S and R1T Available!)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I'm not so sure this is true. I have these GOAT sliders on our R1S and just had it in to the Rivian service center where they did a balance, rotate, and alignment for me. No questions asked and they didn't say anything about the sliders.
that would be great! My appointment with them for balancing, rotating and alignment is in May at the South San Francisco center. I can let you know what they say then. Their support number has said that if their pucks wont fit they wont rotate and require me to remove the sliders before bringing it in. They wont remove the sliders and reinstall them to rotate the tires.

Let see what happens when I actually take the car in for these services.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Adam re-worked the R1S sliders that we had on my vehicle to clearance in for the jacking puck. He said these were the biggest ones he could find. Anything ordered going forward will have this clearance designed into it. He said it shouldn't affect the overall strength of the sliders.

If anyone is worried about the set that they already have, he said to reach out to him to figure out the best course of action for you.

Rivian R1T R1S GOAT Fabrication Rock Sliders (R1S and R1T Available!) 1708099000761

Rivian R1T R1S GOAT Fabrication Rock Sliders (R1S and R1T Available!) 1708099066052

Rivian R1T R1S GOAT Fabrication Rock Sliders (R1S and R1T Available!) 1708099103946

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Just my opinion, better to mill down pucks than to make slider gusset smaller. Takes a machinist less than 30 mins on a mill to do two.

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Just my opinion, better to mill down pucks than to make slider gusset smaller. Takes a machinist less than 30 mins on a mill to do two.
Adam told me he might offer a set of modified pucks for those that were just looking for a solution.

IMO the metal for the slider brackets is already way thicker than it "needs" to be. The R1S slider has the same number of brackets as the R1T but this last one is just quite a bit farther forward. It's going to distribute the weight if there was any sort of a weakness, which I don't think there is. Adam suggested he could have just eliminated it entirely, but opted not to.

For comparison's sake:
Rivian R1T R1S GOAT Fabrication Rock Sliders (R1S and R1T Available!) 1708102993884

If you watched the video they took of my R1T dropping on the sliders, you can see that I came down on the front pretty hard, which has a ton of overhang and handled it just fine.

Si.LE.R1S

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 R1S Launch Edition, ‘20 eTron Chronos Edition
Clubs

Just an FYI. Jack puck interference is only relevant if you reinstall the plastic covers. The pucks simply allow lifting without having to remove the plastic panels.

If you leave the covers off, the entire exposed area around the jack point on the frame is safe for lifting. See manual excerpt.

Rivian R1T R1S GOAT Fabrication Rock Sliders (R1S and R1T Available!) 1708115342070

Also, the Rivian adapter in the spare kit has a smaller diameter than my aftermarket pucks and might fit (I don’t have the sliders yet to test).

Rivian R1T R1S GOAT Fabrication Rock Sliders (R1S and R1T Available!) IMG_6015

Rivian R1T R1S GOAT Fabrication Rock Sliders (R1S and R1T Available!) IMG_6017

Having said that, I plan to re-install the plastic covers as @blah_blah_blah-415 did, so I’m happy this being addressed.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Just an FYI. Jack puck interference is only relevant if you reinstall the plastic covers. The pucks simply allow lifting without having to remove the plastic panels.

If you leave the covers off, the entire exposed area around the jack point on the frame is safe for lifting. See manual excerpt.

1708115342070.png

Also, the Rivian adapter in the spare kit has a smaller diameter than my aftermarket pucks and might fit (I don’t have the sliders yet to test).

IMG_6015.jpeg

IMG_6017.jpeg

Having said that, I plan to re-install the plastic covers as @blah_blah_blah-415 did, so I’m happy this being addressed.
Prior to the sliders, I had just been lifting against a 2x4 directly against the frame. Bolt heads deform the board and hold it in place.
For sure it's going to be important to be able to use the spare jack as expected. I meant to grab mine for today but can just double check it tonight. I don't have a jack in my S.

Si.LE.R1S

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Just completed R1S installation and can confirm that the revised version with the bracket cutout allows plenty of clearance for my 3rd party jack pucks and the version 1 Rivian spare kit adapter. I also have the version 2 Rivian spare kit and that has a very narrow top so will easily clear. Also, I measured the weight of each slider at 46#.

So far very pleased (10 minutes after installation🤣)
Rivian R1T R1S GOAT Fabrication Rock Sliders (R1S and R1T Available!) IMG_6296
Rivian R1T R1S GOAT Fabrication Rock Sliders (R1S and R1T Available!) IMG_6298
Rivian R1T R1S GOAT Fabrication Rock Sliders (R1S and R1T Available!) IMG_6283

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Adam was awesome enough to send me a set of the revised R1S sliders.

All is good!!!

Adam is great to work with. @Dark-Fx, really appreciate your efforts in getting these designas well!

For the price, I would have gotten these for my other R1’s over the DCE’s (which are a fantastic premium product but at a premium price).

Taking this vehicle up to Sedona in a couple weeks and will hit some trails. Hopefully won’t have to put the sliders to use but super happy to have them for peace of mind on the trials.

Rivian R1T R1S GOAT Fabrication Rock Sliders (R1S and R1T Available!) IMG_1568
Rivian R1T R1S GOAT Fabrication Rock Sliders (R1S and R1T Available!) IMG_1569

Ripped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Dual Max
Occupation
-
I'd like to hear a little feedback from R1 owners who have had these for a while. We get a lot of salt/snow slush in the winter. I don't mind repainting any scuffed up areas due to off-roading but be great to see how they hold up after some rough weather.

Tampa R1T

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

Ordered R1T sliders today from Goat.

Sponsored

Si.LE.R1S

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Ordered R1T sliders today from Goat.
Ordered mine 1/27, received 2/24 in Vegas! Took my first light scrape on them today. Definitely happy with them so far, but they’ve only been on for a few weeks so not much to report.

Si.LE.R1S

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

@Dark-Fx Do you or Adam have recommended single jack point to lift the entire side of the vehicle? I don’t think my 3-ton shop jack will cut it, but thinking of getting 5 ton bottle and a couple jack stands. I swap the tires often for trails and road trips.
Sponsored