Sponsored

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
Hi All, Was extremely fortunate to meet some amazing Rivian folks the last two weeks. I love everything Rivian stands for and wanted to thank as many people that have contributed to brining the brand to life.

The days leading to my R1T Delivery (6/25/22), I wanted to do something special to our truck that reminded me of all the years of hard work Rivian put in to deliver such an amazing vehicle. Then I remembered people involved on the TransAmerica Trail video signing the frunk and thought it would be amazing to replicate. I started with John, my Rivian Delivery person signing my frunk, then two months later, when I went to the PDX Service center, I had more Rivian folks sign it(Service John, Udi, Hananiah, etc).

Then 3 weeks ago, I was fortunate enough to travel to the Normal plant for a business event and met so many employees in various departments (Special Thanks Tish, Abby, Brooke, and Josh from the CEC that made my business trip feel so special). Once I got back home, my wife and I decided to take "Rosie" our Rivian for a road trip to the CA coast (Santa Cruz, Monterrey, Big Sur, San Luis Obispo, Venice, Marina Del Rey, and finally Irvine) During this trip, we have been incredibly grateful to meet other Rivian owners and additional Rivian Employees like Larry Parker, Annie and her Team at the Venice Hub, and more Rivian Employees in Irvine (Farshad, Sophia, Aileen, and team).

Now reflecting back, we made so many incredible memories that I will never forget. Thank you Rivian for creating such an incredible brand and community with your customers. Grateful and Adventurous Forever. Patrick

Rivian R1T R1S Grateful and Adventurous Forever For Meeting Amazing Rivian Folks the Last Two Weeks Resized_Snapchat-960038957.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S Grateful and Adventurous Forever For Meeting Amazing Rivian Folks the Last Two Weeks tempImageg50GY9

Rivian R1T R1S Grateful and Adventurous Forever For Meeting Amazing Rivian Folks the Last Two Weeks John Delivery

Rivian R1T R1S Grateful and Adventurous Forever For Meeting Amazing Rivian Folks the Last Two Weeks VH

Rivian R1T R1S Grateful and Adventurous Forever For Meeting Amazing Rivian Folks the Last Two Weeks Klamath

Rivian R1T R1S Grateful and Adventurous Forever For Meeting Amazing Rivian Folks the Last Two Weeks LP

Rivian R1T R1S Grateful and Adventurous Forever For Meeting Amazing Rivian Folks the Last Two Weeks IRV

Rivian R1T R1S Grateful and Adventurous Forever For Meeting Amazing Rivian Folks the Last Two Weeks Frunk
Sponsored

Last edited:

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
That’s so cool! Too often we buy something like a car or truck and jump back into our daily lives, only giving it much additional thought when it isn’t working how we expected. Rivian isn’t perfect, but they do seem to have a pretty great group of people working for them for the most part. Same goes for most Rivian owners as well.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Fantastic post to boost our collective spirits as the forum has been trending with bad vibes lately with folks posting about all of their issues.

Thank you for reminding us that RIVIAN isn't just another car company, but a collection of passionate people who are just as excited about the product they are building as those of us anxiously awaiting them as consumers.

And what a great way to memorialize the journey by having foks sign the underside of your hood. Your experience is what you make of it and you've captured the essence of what many of us hoped to experience with our trucks when we eventually get them in our hands.

Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
ORFynder

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
That’s so cool! Too often we buy something like a car or truck and jump back into our daily lives, only giving it much additional thought when it isn’t working how we expected. Rivian isn’t perfect, but they do seem to have a pretty great group of people working for them for the most part. Same goes for most Rivian owners as well.

Thanks for sharing your experience!
100% Agree that our owner community has been pretty fabulous. Can't tell you how many people have helped me on this forum with my Rivian Journey. Still giddy like a child when I see my fellow Rivian drivers!

Last edited:

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Hi All, Was extremely fortunate to meet some amazing Rivian folks the last two weeks. I love everything Rivian stands for and wanted to thank as many people that have contributed to brining the brand to life.

The days leading to my R1T Delivery (6/25/22), I wanted to do something special to our truck that reminded me of all the years of hard work Rivian put in to deliver such an amazing vehicle. Then I remembered people involved on the TransAmerica Trail video signing the frunk and thought it would be amazing to replicate. I started with John, my Rivian Delivery person signing my frunk, then two months later, when I went to the PDX Service center, I had more Rivian folks sign it(Service John, Udi, Hananiah, etc).

Then 3 weeks ago I was fortunate enough to travel to the Normal plant for a business event and met so many employees in various departments (Special Thanks Tish, Abby, Brooke, and Josh from the CEC that made my business trip feel so special). Once I got back home, my wife and I decided to take "Rosie" our Rivian for a road trip to the CA coast (Santa Cruz, Monterrey, Big Sur, San Luis Obispo, Venice, Marina Del Rey, and finally Irvine) During this trip have been incredibly grateful to meet other Rivian owners and additional Rivian Employees like Larry Parker, Annie and her Team at the Venice Hub, and more Rivian Employees in Irvine (Farshad, Sophia, Aileen, and team).

Now reflecting back, made so many incredible memories that I will never forget. Thank you Rivian for creating such an incredible brand and community with your customers. Grateful and Adventurous Forever. Patrick

Resized_Snapchat-960038957.JPG

tempImageg50GY9.png

John Delivery.jpg

VH.jpg

Klamath.jpg

LP.jpg

IRV.jpg

Frunk.jpg
That PCH coastal drive is amazing. Bet it was even more fun in the R1T. How was the charging from NorCal to SoCal?

Sponsored

OP
OP
ORFynder

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
That PCH coastal drive is amazing. Bet it was even more fun in the R1T. How was the charging from NorCal to SoCal?
Was definitely amazing! 1st Vacation I took in 5 yrs and probably took more pics of Rosie than the Mrs and I :p.Lots of Chargers in CA(especially SoCal, but the rates are more expensive). Before driving thru Big Sur, we charged before we left Monterrey (at Monterrey Marriott complementary charging ) and then some more at the Sur House. Norcal Charging was fine on I5, but after Redding, CA you are somewhat limited to Chargepoint at 62KW. Overall trip from Bend, OR to Irvine and back cost us $140 total in EV charging.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ORFynder

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
Fantastic post to boost our collective spirits as the forum has been trending with bad vibes lately with folks posting about all of their issues.

Thank you for reminding us that RIVIAN isn't just another car company, but a collection of passionate people who are just as excited about the product they are building as those of us anxiously awaiting them as consumers.

And what a great way to memorialize the journey by having foks sign the underside of your hood. Your experience is what you make of it and you've captured the essence of what many of us hoped to experience with our trucks when we eventually get them in our hands.

Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for the kind words @SASSquatch. After speaking to so many Rivian employees you can definitely tell they are passionate about their customer base and their mission. I can tell you in more than one instance, we lost track of time chatting away telling some amazing stories of when Rivian was in its infancy. Rivian truly is building something special and glad we are here for the journey

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Thanks for the kind words @SASSquatch. After speaking to so many Rivian employees you can definitely tell they are passionate about their customer base and their mission. I can tell you in more than one instance, we lost track of time chatting away telling some amazing stories of when Rivian was in its infancy. Rivian truly is building something special and glad we are here for the journey
In many ways, the community RIVIAN is creating, along with the enthusiasm in the ownership experience, reminds me of Saturn in the early days. Some of us on the forum are old enough to remember the SL2 or even the EV1. This was before GM got greedy and forced the bottom line and eventually shuttered the company.

CouR1Tois

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Launch Green, LE 20"AT
Occupation
Production Manager/Brewery Engineer
Clubs

@ORFynder It was so awesome to meet you at that charger in Klamath Falls! The Rivian community is such a great collection of folks from all walks of life. We enjoyed getting to spend our time charging by chatting with you and your wife. Love the picture of us all as well! BTW you were right about the chargepoint charger in Burns, OR. Holy hell is it slow and literally the only option for hundreds of miles.

jojo168

First Name
JWU
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pilot16, Odyssey08, Accord07
Occupation
numbers guy

Then 3 weeks ago, I was fortunate enough to travel to the Normal plant for a business event and met so many employees in various departments (Special Thanks Tish, Abby, Brooke, and Josh from the CEC that made my business trip feel so special). Once I got back home, my wife and I decided to take "Rosie" our Rivian for a road trip to the CA coast (Santa Cruz, Monterrey, Big Sur, San Luis Obispo, Venice, Marina Del Rey, and finally Irvine) During this trip, we have been incredibly grateful to meet other Rivian owners and additional Rivian Employees like Larry Parker, Annie and her Team at the Venice Hub, and more Rivian Employees in Irvine (Farshad, Sophia, Aileen, and team).

Now reflecting back, we made so many incredible memories that I will never forget. Thank you Rivian for creating such an incredible brand and community with your customers. Grateful and Adventurous Forever. Patrick

Resized_Snapchat-960038957.JPG

tempImageg50GY9.png

John Delivery.jpg

VH.jpg

Klamath.jpg

LP.jpg

IRV.jpg

Frunk.jpg
this is really cool and all same colors. hopefully we've something like in Nor Cal

OP
OP
ORFynder

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
this is really cool and all same colors. hopefully we've something like in Nor Cal
I think more of these random meetupswith other owners will be more common as most of the community are enthusiast that would love to connect with other R1 owners. Still giddy (and don't think it will wear out any time soon) when I see other R1 vehicles or people that wear Rivian swag
Sponsored