Sponsored

Has any R1S Ocean Coast made it into production line?

SirArpsAlot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Lexus Rx350, Reserved R1S
Clubs

Seeing more R1S on the road, but none with the OC interior. I remember Tony saying that they were to start production in January... anyone got one yet?
Sponsored

OP
OP

SirArpsAlot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Lexus Rx350, Reserved R1S
Clubs

As someone who’s been holding out for an Ocean Coast R1S, I certainly hope so!
Same here! My estimated window is March-April but guide keeps telling me to wait for the 8 step email. Knowing it takes 4-6 weeks after that email to get delivery makes me think that I should have seen some chatter about it by now...🤞

Matt D.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
I’m May-June and recently got R1 shop access. The OC struggle is real!

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
My guide told me R1S OC starts production in March.

Sponsored

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster
I'm pretty sure I saw someone with a R1S OC reservation and expected delivery in March/April saying they had been given shop access and found their "exact configuration". None of the shop vehicles shared in screen snaps have had OC though.

Lil'Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE
Occupation
Product Support
I know they ran some pilots early in January. Haven't heard of any running down the line yet.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Had a March/April delivery window (until I changed some options) and have Shop access. No word on 8 steps and no OCs in the Shop (which I've been monitoring pretty religiously).

carcrazydoc

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 991.2 GTS, 2018 E63s wagon, 2016 Cayenne GTS
Occupation
emergency physician
I had been in line for Ocean Coast 2.0 but changed my color combination back in December. Heard OC delayed until 2nd quarter of 2023. As for the 8 step process, I received the 8 step email on a Thursday morning, complete necessary steps the following Monday and could have taken delivery at the factory as soon as 2 days later so it does not necessarily mean a 4-6 week wait.

Shnork

First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan rouge , Subaru Legacy
Occupation
pA
Have OC as interior as well , finally got a test drive last week and drove a Limestone R1S , now can't make up mind on color. wife was concerned forest green would look dated and so changed to elcap. Then she saw a R1S yesterday in elcap and she's like meh. So do i now switch back to forest green or maybe do i go limestone which i thought really looked nice.

thoughts ?

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
My guide told me R1S OC starts production in March.
That seems odd as I saw all three interiors on the line for both R1T and R1S on 1/26/2023. I was very impressed that it appeared there was no batching of vehicles, colors, or interiors during the tour as they were coming down the line.

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

Have OC as interior as well , finally got a test drive last week and drove a Limestone R1S , now can't make up mind on color. wife was concerned forest green would look dated and so changed to elcap. Then she saw a R1S yesterday in elcap and she's like meh. So do i now switch back to forest green or maybe do i go limestone which i thought really looked nice.

thoughts ?
I also test drove Limestonew/22s and my wife like the color. We have white w/OC currently configured. Have not changed the color though.

Just this morning in our walk, we'd seen 2 R1S (white and FG) and 2 R1T (white and yellow). We originally had FG but changed to white while back. FG looked ok but dull (sorry, I know some of you love the color), but I prefer white or limestone over FG. The last white vehicle I bough was VW Scirocco when I was a kid so I'm not a white vehicle guy. I think R1S looks better in lighter colors than dark. I've seen every color on the road at this point.

The Rivian rep during the test drive was one of the techs at the SC nearby and he too told me that OC will start production in March.

Shnork

First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan rouge , Subaru Legacy
Occupation
pA
thanks for your input , may change to the limestone with the OC .

linkwpc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2016 CMax, 2001 Saleen, 2002 GS300
Clubs

I can't wait to see pictures! I order white on OC. Its going to look great!

Picard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, X5 45E
Response from my guide is that they are just starting to produce R1S with OC interior. So I hope in the next few weeks, we start seeing posts of folks with R1S/OC start taking deliveries.
Sponsored