Sponsored

Has any R1S Ocean Coast made it into production line?

bbenoit726

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software Engineer
My exact config! I ordered about 11 months before you and am about 35 minutes from Chagrin. This gives me hope lol
Oh damn! Well, we have the exact same delivery window so I'm thinking you've got to be close. We'll have to get the FG's together at some point
Sponsored

novar1sguy

First Name
venkat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Got my 8 steps on sunday. my config CY R1S with OC . ordered on sept 2020 . Got my VIN. live in DC NoVA (Chantilly VA). wondering how soon it will be delivered

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Explorer Limited, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

I just got out 8 step email for our blue ocean coast that has an April - June delivery window!

Update for me! I heard from my guide that my R1S was showing completion of the build on the 19th or so. Yesterday (the 14th) I get an email saying it is ready for delivery. Traded texts with my guide and a service manager in Richmond, VA that it is ready to go and I could schedule an appointment as early as this Wednesday (tomorrow the 15th)! It moved so fast I haven't sold my current SUV yet so I'm trying to do that now. They wanted me to go to Richmond to pick up which is about 2 hours for me, but when I asked if they could deliver they said it would be next Wednesday which is fine because I need the time to sell the other SUV, finish payment paperwork, order crossbars, get weathertech mats, get a license plate holder, etc.)

They must be just pumping them out at this point and it seems to be FINALLY overdelivering and under promising (I have April-June delivery estimate and taking delivery in March, the earnings call 50K estimate, but the inside 62k estimate, etc)

novar1sguy

First Name
venkat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

@
Update for me! I heard from my guide that my R1S was showing completion of the build on the 19th or so. Yesterday (the 14th) I get an email saying it is ready for delivery. Traded texts with my guide and a service manager in Richmond, VA that it is ready to go and I could schedule an appointment as early as this Wednesday (tomorrow the 15th)! It moved so fast I haven't sold my current SUV yet so I'm trying to do that now. They wanted me to go to Richmond to pick up which is about 2 hours for me, but when I asked if they could deliver they said it would be next Wednesday which is fine because I need the time to sell the other SUV, finish payment paperwork, order crossbars, get weathertech mats, get a license plate holder, etc.)

They must be just pumping them out at this point and it seems to be FINALLY overdelivering and under promising (I have April-June delivery estimate and taking delivery in March, the earnings call 50K estimate, but the inside 62k estimate, etc)
thats nice. one question , did u went with Qmerit for Charger installation? my guide said mine is on way to richmond VA. Hopefully i hear from them soon. Excited !! i was prepared for july which was my original window.

Sponsored

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

@

thats nice. one question , did u went with Qmerit for Charger installation? my guide said mine is on way to richmond VA. Hopefully i hear from them soon. Excited !! i was prepared for july which was my original window.
I didn't buy the rivian chargers. I got a Autel maxicharger 48a on Amazon on sale for $449 and installed it myself. It has a remote holster, load sharing if you have two, can be locked, is all weather, and you could even set it up for people to pay to use. I can't recommend it enough. I have used it to charge some of my friends vehicles and it does great.

You can see my install here: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...2-home-charger-installs-here.7940/post-212389

rockdogz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Wow that's awesome, I'm jealous guys! 3/19 preorder here and still waiting...

Crashvt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hopefully a R1S soon!
Clubs

I found out that my R1S White\OC\Underbody \20 Brights should be completed next week and will be delivered in 4 to 6 weeks to Richmond VA SC. My original delivery was Oct to December

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
I took delivery at the factory last week, took the factory tour, and the Rivian tour guide said the first Ocean Coast R1S was just produced, with Silver exterior. Second one was about to be produced. Also said they were no longer batching colors, interior or exterior, and we saw that on the production line … 5 R1S’ in a row on the line with different colors.

789F0110-8384-4EA9-AE64-BD7A1EB50211.jpeg
Are they still shipping with the black speaker grills? The pics on the site have always shown white for the Ocean Coast.
Rivian R1T R1S Has any R1S Ocean Coast made it into production line? 1678923280930

Crashvt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hopefully a R1S soon!
Clubs

I am still in shock. I would pick up a Model Y Perf to hold me over next week, but now I will figure it out for the next 4 to 6 weeks without a car.

Sponsored

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Wow that's awesome, I'm jealous guys! 3/19 preorder here and still waiting...

I think they have really starting to go crazy with production finally (maybe the January shutdown was the "final" changes?), I wouldn't be surprised if you heard in the next week or two about yours.

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Are they still shipping with the black speaker grills? The pics on the site have always shown white for the Ocean Coast.
1678923280930.png

Someone posted an Green OC interior on Facebook and it looks like the grills are black. I didn't even notice in the picture until you said something and then I went back and now I notice them haha

bbenoit726

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software Engineer

novar1sguy

First Name
venkat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

My compass yellow with oc is ready for pickup. Richmond VA. Phew. Long wait is over. 8 steps on match 11 th and things went very fast from that point
Sponsored