LivingInKaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Green Forest Edge
Occupation
Own Fabrication Company
It only took me 3 months to get my registration handled, SMH..... My temporary runs out Wednesday. I don't have the physical paperwork, but I see it's in my DMV profile. Interestingly, they gave me new tags on a plate transfer. That's not normal here, or at least it hasn't been before.

LivingInKaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Green Forest Edge
Occupation
Own Fabrication Company
Well I finally got my registration to show up on my DMV profile and my temporary expired today, so I put the plates on. I used the mounts and the Rivian plate mount and I get a front sensor blocked message continually. I tried shifting it as far either way as I could and the result was the same. I'll have to make a sheet metal mount to minimize the profile like the OG here.

boardthatpowder

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi Q5
Well I finally got my registration to show up on my DMV profile and my temporary expired today, so I put the plates on. I used the mounts and the Rivian plate mount and I get a front sensor blocked message continually. I tried shifting it as far either way as I could and the result was the same. I'll have to make a sheet metal mount to minimize the profile like the OG here.
Strange. Did you place the Rivian plate mount upside down?

boardthatpowder

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi Q5
I did, so the tabs slid into the slots. It's ok, after having it on there, it just looks a little too clunky for me.
this is how mine is mounted…

ABFF2E1B-E46F-4170-998D-650CA618D396.jpeg

r1tshivermetimbers

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
@boardthatpowder I followed your idea and am happy with it (Thanks!). I also followed your tip of adding bolt through. I felt it wasn't too secure just by itself.

IMG_9629.jpg
IMG_9627.jpg
IMG_9628.jpg

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
@godfodder0901 taking inspiration from you I'm using those same mounts, but along with the Rivian provided mounting plate. Turn it up side down and it slots right onto the mount. Works really well. I put a bolt through to be extra secure, but you could use it as a clip-on without.

IMG_3842.jpeg

IMG_3843.jpeg

IMG_3846.jpeg

IMG_3847.jpeg

IMG_3848.jpeg
I just used this method to mount my plate.

summer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3
This is awesome solution. Does your Rivian provided mounting plate come with screws? Mine doesn't, and I'm wonder what's size of screw. To put the bolt for securing the plate, do you need to cut through the plastic bracket in the back of the mounting plate?

@godfodder0901 taking inspiration from you I'm using those same mounts, but along with the Rivian provided mounting plate. Turn it up side down and it slots right onto the mount. Works really well. I put a bolt through to be extra secure, but you could use it as a clip-on without.

IMG_3842.jpeg

IMG_3843.jpeg

IMG_3846.jpeg

IMG_3847.jpeg

IMG_3848.jpeg

zonehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure FG, GX 460, Cybertruck Order
Also copied the approach from @boardthatpowder, bolted it through the stock mount as well for extra peace of mind, and drilled holes on either side for use. I preferred to move it to the driver side as the passenger side had a threaded hole behind the tow hook for a tow eye if ever needed.

1669146903003.png

1669146929274.png
1669147262606.png

Last edited: