Sponsored

I got my Lightning!

MNLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes I have Vehicles
I'm not certain yet, but I'm pretty sure I'll keep the Lightning.
I think it's interest that a couple of other posters in this thread based keeping the R1T on its slightly smaller size. Interesting because that was the key for me as well. I think the Ford is head and shoulders above Rivian on interior comfort and features myself. I like the Lightning better for drives over 45 minutes, but for parking and sporting around town the smaller size of the R1T has an advantage. For me the R1T is more of a Toy Truck and the Lightning is a Superior version of the F150
Sponsored

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Rivian designers nailed the R1T size. Slightly larger than a Tacoma but with tons of headroom.

OP
OP
tx_rivian

tx_rivian

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I think it's interest that a couple of other posters in this thread based keeping the R1T on its slightly smaller size. Interesting because that was the key for me as well. I think the Ford is head and shoulders above Rivian on interior comfort and features myself. I like the Lightning better for drives over 45 minutes, but for parking and sporting around town the smaller size of the R1T has an advantage. For me the R1T is more of a Toy Truck and the Lightning is a Superior version of the F150
Yeah, I'd agree. 90% of the time i don't need all the space i have in the F150L, but when i need it, it's there.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Rivian designers nailed the R1T size. Slightly larger than a Tacoma but with tons of headroom.
So true. I drive a Tacoma and itā€™s perfect for me because 99% of the time itā€™s just me in there. I never really use the back seat for anything other than groceries or dogs, but itā€™s obviously not a space I would ask anyone I care about to sit for more than 20 minutes - itā€™s just too tight. When I did my demo drive in the R1T I was shocked at how much more space there was when I sat in the back.

Sponsored

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Agreed. I am coming from a Tacoma as well and love the size of the R1T. Itā€™s perfect.

Jabbahop

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜14 BMW i3, ā€˜19 BMW i3, ā€˜22 R1T -> ā€˜24 R1S Max
Occupation
retired
Source for this claim?
Charging the truck using the 120V exclusively is a good way to ruin your battery. Level 2 charging is best for longevity.
I know the batteries arenā€™t necessarily the same chemistry but we have a 2014 BMW i3 with 75K miles. We store it over the winters plugged into a 120v charger and we still get 80 miles per charge that we got when the car was new.

Spiffster

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 (Sold), Ford Fusion Energi
I have a Lighting on preorder since 5/20/21, and a R1T that came and went due to an offer I could not pass up. The R1T was NEARLY perfect with one big gaping disadvantage. That vampire drain is a real problem. I have another R1T on preorder and if they solve that one issue, I would keep the R1T. On the other hand, the way Ford is handling the preorders is truly a joke, giving too much power to stealerships in regards to reordering people in line, that really screwed a lot of early order customers, badly.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
I picked up my Lightning yesterday!

I will be flipping it for my reserved R1T since the full size Lightning is a super tight fit in my attached carport. I need to wait around 5-weeks for the DMV title to arrive before I can sell it.

Very impressive truck though. Sewing machine smooth drivetrain, great build quality, 4 wheel independent suspension & AWD is standard, luxury car quiet cabin, impressive build quality, easy 12v battery access, huge frunk, smooth ride and quick acceleration. I see why some Ford dealers are tacking on huge ADMā€™s and getting it. If I had the room to park it I would entertain keeping it.

Rivian R1T R1S I got my Lightning! 7305B1A8-6076-4EAE-AA8B-A5EEA5DA991D
Rivian R1T R1S I got my Lightning! DAC6D5B2-C8B7-414A-9973-A871D27BD4EF
Rivian R1T R1S I got my Lightning! 03C24365-20E1-446F-9C94-D2C78FD1557D

Last edited:

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I picked up my Lightning yesterday!

I will be flipping it for my reserved R1T since the full size Lightning is a super tight fit in my attached carport. I need to wait around 5-weeks for the DMV title to arrive before I can sell it.

Very impressive truck though. Sewing machine smooth drivetrain, great build quality, 4 wheel independent suspension & AWD is standard, luxury car quiet cabin, impressive build quality, easy 12v battery access, huge frunk, smooth ride and quick acceleration. I see why some Ford dealers are tacking on huge ADMā€™s and getting it. If I had the room to park it I would entertain keeping it.

7305B1A8-6076-4EAE-AA8B-A5EEA5DA991D.jpeg
DAC6D5B2-C8B7-414A-9973-A871D27BD4EF.jpeg
03C24365-20E1-446F-9C94-D2C78FD1557D.jpeg
You probably couldā€™ve had a convo with your dealer about it. Mine offered me $20k to walk away from the deal and said it would drop if I took delivery first and would *only* offer me $15k after delivery. Considering I have a $40k Pro, thatā€™s an insane amount percentage wise.

Sponsored

shumdit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 and countingā€¦.
Clubs

Charging the truck using the 120V exclusively is a good way to ruin your battery. Level 2 charging is best for longevity.
False. Charging with 110 isnā€™t as efficient as 220 meaning less of the electrons you pay for end up in the battery but there is nothing wrong charging with it. I have a 10 year old Tesla with almost exclusively 110 charging and only 7 miles less range at 100% than when new.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
You probably couldā€™ve had a convo with your dealer about it. Mine offered me $20k to walk away from the deal and said it would drop if I took delivery first and would *only* offer me $15k after delivery. Considering I have a $40k Pro, thatā€™s an insane amount percentage wise.

Dealer sells all Lightnings at MSRP +$85 doc fee.

OP
OP
tx_rivian

tx_rivian

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Dealer sells all Lightnings at MSRP +$85 doc fee.
Should be at least. Mine did offer $1,000 to let them keep it, but my other truck had 200k+ miles on it and I had been waiting on my R1T for so long that I was not going to pass up the F150L.
Sponsored