Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340, Tesla M3, Rivian R1T
Occupation
It Engineer
Clubs

Just wanted to share my experience so far and some pics! Took the R1T off road for the first time today (my first time off roading as well), and it amazing. There wasn’t a single obstacle it couldn’t get through, and the ride quality was great considering I was getting bobbled by rocks underneath.

This is genuinely the best car I’ve ever owned. Faster than most sports cars, can keep up with pretty much every off road vehicle I saw today…. This thing can literally do it all.

Yes it’s got quirks and small issues here and there, but the last four months with it have been amazing.

Rivian R1T R1S I LOVE THIS TRUCK. This thing can literally do it all. A1EF1FF5-669E-4036-9AFF-63E398A974A9
Rivian R1T R1S I LOVE THIS TRUCK. This thing can literally do it all. 8B9D82D7-BE56-4092-B4A0-E7F01B216988
Rivian R1T R1S I LOVE THIS TRUCK. This thing can literally do it all. 3C8A616B-8D9E-4B14-BD30-3887134D4AAA
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Great pics. Glad you still love her after the honeymoon:sun:

OP
OP
R1Tkc

R1Tkc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
It Engineer
Clubs

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Looking sharp!!

Congrats @R1Tkc

That's not factory tint correct?

CGM55082

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
PR
I totally know what you mean, OP.

I took mine up into Big Sur a couple weeks ago and did the 10-mile Old Coast Road loop. It was the original road before the iconic Bixby Bridge was built. Nowadays it's dirt, it's very rough in places and four-wheel drive is basically required. The views you're rewarded with are amazing. The road winds down into canyons where you're in redwood groves along streams and then have to cross old one-lane bridges before it climbs back up along mountain ridges where you can see out to the Pacific on the horizon. It's a stunning drive.

I was initially worried about driving the road because it can be harrowing and I was doing it the day after some heavy rains. In short, while there were some unnerving spots on the road, the R1T made it so fun. It just ate up everything and never seemed challenged. There were some places where there were washed out ruts three-feet deep and the Rivian floated over everything.

What blew my mind though is once I got back to Pacific Coast Highway and went full sports car mode with the truck just to see what it could do on a tight winding, mountain road. I pushed the truck hard -- irresponsibly so -- and it handled it so well I could not believe it. I could detect no chassis flex no matter how hard I pushed it into corners -- it just kept begging for more. I've done that same stretch of PCH in my Tesla and the Rivian was more capable.

Going off-road and then blasting down PCH showed me the breadth of capability of the truck. There is nothing made that can do what it does. What is amazing is it handles both ends of the spectrum so well and without compromise. Most versatile vehicle on the road.

Sponsored

OP
OP
R1Tkc

R1Tkc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
It Engineer
Clubs

OP
OP
R1Tkc

R1Tkc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
It Engineer
Clubs

I totally know what you mean, OP.

I took mine up into Big Sur a couple weeks ago and did the 10-mile Old Coast Road loop. It was the original road before the iconic Bixby Bridge was built. Nowadays it's dirt, it's very rough in places and four-wheel drive is basically required. The views you're rewarded with are amazing. The road winds down into canyons where you're in redwood groves along streams and then have to cross old one-lane bridges before it climbs back up along mountain ridges where you can see out to the Pacific on the horizon. It's a stunning drive.

I was initially worried about driving the road because it can be harrowing and I was doing it the day after some heavy rains. In short, while there were some unnerving spots on the road, the R1T made it so fun. It just ate up everything and never seemed challenged. There were some places where there were washed out ruts three-feet deep and the Rivian floated over everything.

What blew my mind though is once I got back to Pacific Coast Highway and went full sports car mode with the truck just to see what it could do on a tight winding, mountain road. I pushed the truck hard -- irresponsibly so -- and it handled it so well I could not believe it. I could detect no chassis flex no matter how hard I pushed it into corners -- it just kept begging for more. I've done that same stretch of PCH in my Tesla and the Rivian was more capable.

Going off-road and then blasting down PCH showed me the breadth of capability of the truck. There is nothing made that can do what it does. What is amazing is it handles both ends of the spectrum so well and without compromise. Most versatile vehicle on the road.
Sounds like a great time man!! 100% agree. Did the same thing coming out of the OHV area today - put into sport and flew down the mountainside. No idea how they’re able to mask body roll on something so huge, but it was such a great experience altogether.

On a side note, when I was airing back up, I everybody was jealous of the built in air compressor 😬😬

Lysdexic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tundra
Good for you. Great looking truck as well. I took delivery of my truck a couple weeks ago and loved immediately. However, now I find I am falling in love with it.

When initially receive it there was the possibility of flipping it. Now, I don’t think so.

OP
OP
R1Tkc

R1Tkc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
It Engineer
Clubs

Good for you. Great looking truck as well. I took delivery of my truck a couple weeks ago and loved immediately. However, now I find I am falling in love with it.

When initially receive it there was the possibility of flipping it. Now, I don’t think so.
It’s an amazing vehicle for sure. Like I said above, four months in and my honeymoon period is far from over 😂

OP
OP
R1Tkc

R1Tkc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
It Engineer
Clubs

On a side note, does anybody else put their air compressor hose back in the gear tunnel door? Hard to put back in there

Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
On a side note, does anybody else put their air compressor hose back in the gear tunnel door? Hard to put back in there
I’m told best way to do it is put the pouch in the gear tunnel door and wind it in there instead of outside that space.

OP
OP
R1Tkc

R1Tkc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
It Engineer
Clubs

I’m told best way to do it is put the pouch in the gear tunnel door and wind it in there instead of outside that space.
Yeah that’s what I’ve been doing as well. I do wish they made the gear tunnel storage space just a little bigger

Jedimaster109

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T & 2021 Tesla Model Y
I couldn’t agree more and great color combo! I think Rivian nailed just about ever color they came up with. Enjoy your new ride!

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
OP
OP
R1Tkc

R1Tkc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
It Engineer
Clubs

I couldn’t agree more and great color combo! I think Rivian nailed just about ever color they came up with. Enjoy your new ride!
Thanks!
Sponsored