• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

My question for the group is, which color should I go for, and why do you think it would be the better choice? Sorry teamyellow, my wife won't let me drive a taxi around Vancouver.

I've been firmly El Cap for ages, but have been leaning a little more to Glacier White as delivery day approaches. I feel GW accentuates the look and lines of the vehicle, but also allows the light bars blend in more so than the darker El Cap. Also potentially fair better with trail rash (fine scratches from branches etc on narrow trails)

El Cap on the other hand would look less dirty all the time, looks spectacular at night, wouldn't blind me driving on a bright day.

Shout out to the Vancouver Rivian team, which took a bit of extra time this evening to line up both GW Black Mountain interior on 20's and El Cap, same scheme. Both of which happened to be at their office, both of which the exact spec I'm looking for. I'd like to say it helped, but in the end left me on the fence again looking carefully at every white vehicle on the walk home.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

💛

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
White will look cleaner than med gray. I’ve had both, many times. I voted white!

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Go with Silver. It’s the universal color for second placers in life like myself. 🥈

In all seriousness, I would choose El Cap. It’s looks cool in different lighting. Almost black when it’s cloudy and a wonderful deep gray in the sun.

Sponsored

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
My question for the group is, which color should I go for, and why do you think it would be the better choice? Sorry teamyellow, my wife won't let me drive a taxi around Vancouver.

I've been firmly El Cap for ages, but have been leaning a little more to Glacier White as delivery day approaches. I feel GW accentuates the look and lines of the vehicle, but also allows the light bars blend in more so than the darker El Cap. Also potentially fair better with trail rash (fine scratches from branches etc on narrow trails)

El Cap on the other hand would look less dirty all the time, looks spectacular at night, wouldn't blind me driving on a bright day.

Shout out to the Vancouver Rivian team, which took a bit of extra time this evening to line up both GW Black Mountain interior on 20's and El Cap, same scheme. Both of which happened to be at their office, both of which the exact spec I'm looking for. I'd like to say it helped, but in the end left me on the fence again looking carefully at every white vehicle on the walk home.

Thoughts?
Canyon Red, because I’ve seen it in different lights and it’s magical and it’s not listed as one of your choices and I’m a difficult person to live with. Or so I’m told.

This truck in white … <bites knuckles> … so nice. I almost changed to white then my daughter reminded me we already have 2 other white cars. Also, my wife did not approve. If there weren’t so many white F150s here (I live in a contractor-heavy town), my wife may have approved and I would have ignored my daughter.

I love El Cap too, but have had too many black cars and I’m not going to punish myself again, even if it’s only black-adjacent. Aforementioned approver-of-colors (wife) saw ECG the other day and thought it looked great.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Go with Silver. It’s the universal color for second placers in life like myself. 🥈

In all seriousness, I would choose El Cap. It’s looks cool in different lighting. Almost black when it’s cloudy and a wonderful deep gray in the sun.
Yep, that’s what I chose this time. Also looks clean! I couldn’t vote for LA Silver, as you didn’t include it as an selection!

Ventura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Red Canyon 20" / Prius
Canyon Red, because I’ve seen it in different lights and it’s magical and it’s not listed as one of your choices and I’m a difficult person to live with. Or so I’m told.

This truck in white … <bites knuckles> … so nice. I almost changed to white then my daughter reminded me we already have 2 other white cars. Also, my wife did not approve. If there weren’t so many white F150s here (I live in a contractor-heavy town), my wife may have approved and I would have ignored my daughter.

I love El Cap too, but have had too many black cars and I’m not going to punish myself again, even if it’s only black-adjacent. Aforementioned approver-of-colors (wife) saw ECG the other day and thought it looked great.
He's right you know. I mean Red Canyon is a great looking color that morphs from orange to red. Looks great with the black trim too (though we have Ocean Coast interior).

Rivian R1T R1S I need community help on color choice🤔Update: El Cap for the win 11E59F40-DA2B-40D0-B162-6BAA63FD54B8_1_105_c

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I voted ElCap, great color but if you have not had a chance to see the colors you should try to go by a service center. All of the colors are pretty nice and all of them shift a little depending on lighting.

I made my final decision on LG partly because it is a one-time color and partly how it looks with the 22 dark wheels but ElCap was my other choice.

Sponsored

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Split the difference and go Limestone.

J/K, glad to hear our brothers from the Great White North will finally be taking delivery s00n.

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
El Cap looks plenty dirty. It’s not a magic dirt hiding color like silver.

My El Cap looks dirty by the time I get home from the car wash. :swear::CWL: Especially those composite trim pieces at the base.

@mikehmb calling it “black-adjacent” is pretty accurate.

I regret not getting the Red one, but I preferred Forest Edge interior over Black Mountain. (Previously scarred from owning black car with black interior)

OP
OP
MountainBikeDude

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Split the difference and go Limestone.

J/K, glad to hear our brothers from the Great White North will finally be taking delivery s00n.
It was funny because an owner of a Limestone R1T with dark rims lived across the street from their office so obviously checked it out, while Gary checked us out. Neither my wife nor I were sold on it unfortunately. Gary scared us off haha

OP
OP
MountainBikeDude

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I voted ElCap, great color but if you have not had a chance to see the colors you should try to go by a service center. All of the colors are pretty nice and all of them shift a little depending on lighting.

I made my final decision on LG partly because it is a one-time color and partly how it looks with the 22 dark wheels but ElCap was my other choice.
I was hoping at the event last November in Vancouver that they'd have Compass Yellow #teamyellow but it was a no show so no wife convincing that day.

OP
OP
MountainBikeDude

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

He's right you know. I mean Red Canyon is a great looking color that morphs from orange to red. Looks great with the black trim too (though we have Ocean Coast interior).

11E59F40-DA2B-40D0-B162-6BAA63FD54B8_1_105_c.jpeg
There really isn't a single "not good" color. OC with Canyon Red looks incredible, especially with the red truck on the display. It pops so well but the boss would never approve 😔
Sponsored